just a victim of being in Congress while black

article

So let me get this right. Congresswoman McKinney walks thru the security area without her identification on, is asked to stop 3 or 4 times, and then when she is physically stopped (by an officer doing their job) she hauls off and punches them. Did I get all of that right???

Then, her lawyer claims that somehow “like thousands of average Americans across this country, is, too, a victim of the excessive use of force by law enforcement officials because of how she looks and the color of her skin." And furthermore, “Ms. McKinney is just a victim of being in Congress while black,". Umm what does any of that have to do her punching slapping or whatever she did to this security officer??

How is this a race issue all of the sudden? Did the officers only stop black congressmen that were not wearing their identification? Did all of the white congressman get a pass thru? Did white congressman walk thru security without their identification badges on and then punch the security officers who stopped them? Is it just me or is this insane?

I see nothing in this troy that has ANYTHING to do with race, other then what the hired gun lawyer has brought into it.

I praise the security officers for doing their job. Thank you for keeping our Capital building safe. You deserve our praise, and instead you get accused by one of the very members that you protect of being a racist.

Of course NOTHING will come of this. After all it was not Trent Lott B word slapped someone.

You're talking Cindy McKinney here.

648970[/snapback]

What a friggin embarassment she is. When she isn't spouting conspiracy theories, she's playing the race card.

Is there any reason the Democrats haven't cut ties with this woman?

What a friggin embarassment she is.  When she isn't spouting conspiracy theories, she's playing the race card.

Is there any reason the Democrats haven't cut ties with this woman?

649008[/snapback]

Ask Bill Maher. Back in the old days, she was the only Congressperson he could get to come on on a regular basis.

I've said before, I call Georgia home. Her district is total pull the blue handle. Not even trying. Look at her voting record, she never has, doesn't need to. She's never looked at an issue in her career. Everyone freaked over Texas redistricting, but when GA redistricted, she didn't have a district and still stayed in Congress, until things leveled out. And she's still there. worked the state to give her another Congress district.

There's a word for her, and it fits.

article

So let me get this right. Congresswoman McKinney walks thru the security area without her identification on, is asked to stop 3 or 4 times, and then when she is physically stopped (by an officer doing their job) she hauls off and punches them.  Did I get all of that right???

Then, her lawyer claims that somehow “like thousands of average Americans across this country, is, too, a victim of the excessive use of force by law enforcement officials because of how she looks and the color of her skin." And furthermore, “Ms. McKinney is just a victim of being in Congress while black,". Umm what does any of that have to do her punching slapping or whatever she did to this security officer??

How is this a race issue all of the sudden? Did the officers only stop black congressmen that were not wearing their identification? Did all of the white congressman get a pass thru? Did white congressman walk thru security without their identification badges on and then punch the security officers who stopped them? Is it just me or is this insane?

I see nothing in this troy that has ANYTHING to do with race, other then what the hired gun lawyer has brought into it.

I praise the security officers for doing their job. Thank you for keeping our Capital building safe. You deserve our praise, and instead you get accused by one of the very members that you protect of being a racist.

Of course NOTHING will come of this. After all it was not Trent Lott B word slapped someone.

648960[/snapback]

And what the hell was Danny Glover and Harry Bellaracist doing at her press conference?

She needs support of actors and singers? WTF?

What's funny as sh-- about this whole thing is I eat at the Ford Congressional building at least once a week. I never show Id, just go those the metal detectors and the guards wave me through.

They are not reporting the whole story here.

What's funny as sh-- about this whole thing is I eat at the Ford Congressional building at least once a week.  I never show Id, just go those the metal detectors and the guards wave me through. 

They are not reporting the whole story here.

649115[/snapback]

She didn't go thru them

She didn't go thru them

649127[/snapback]

I guess that's my point. If you don't have one of the pins, you are required to go through the scanners. There are signs at Ford that say basically that. Once you go through they don't even check badges or anything. Now granted I have a badge, but it rarely leaves my pocket.

The department is tasked with protecting the 535 members of Congress and the vast Capitol complex in an atmosphere thick with politics and privilege.

My point... It is what our society is becoming?

When not following the rules... She expects to get away with it.

:D;)

She sounds like my 7 year old son... Actually, a lot of "adults" sound like my 7 year old son...

You're talking Cindy McKinney here.

648970[/snapback]

Both screwed up the officers and McKinney. She is a hot head and I have very little use for her. However, the officers have a little photo card sheet with all Members and are suppose to have it memorized for Members of Congress. She is required to have her ID and button on her at all times, however.

She is not the first arrogant @#$#$ that has gotten into problems with the Capitol Hill Police and they have a long way to go on their professionalism. A lot of young guns have been hire recently that have all the intelligence of Sean Penn when he played a rookie cop in that movie in South Central. Forget the name of the thing. Even the old timers up there shake their heads.

Throw the two together and you are going to get some problems.

Now you can understand why crap like this happens:

Gov't

It doesn't pay to do your job and enforce the rules... Just let her walk on through, I guess... Either way, the peon swings.

I remember years ago... I had a full lock (about 50 or so) pleasure boats locking towards the lake... We don't require boats to go to the walls, they can float through. One guy was weaving in and out of all the other vessels while the lock was filling...I Told him to stop and stay in one place so he doesn't cause an accident... He called me a racist because I didn't tell the rest of the vessels also and that I was singling him out... I told him nobody else was causing a nusance.

:D;)

Then there is the time when I told someone to get out of the dam area... He started ranting and raving... Saying he is a Chicago cop and nobody should talk to him that way... I looked back confused and told him to get out of the dam area, it is restricted... Let me not tell you where he took the discussion... I looked at him again confused and befuddled... I think it dawned on me the next day that he thought I was saying DAMN area???

:lol::doh:

What is it that people (all people) JUST DON'T GET?

However, the officers have a little photo card sheet with all Members and are suppose to have it memorized for Members of Congress.  She is required to have her ID and button on her at all times, however.

649155[/snapback]

Yeah, all 535 members. :D

It's the Jews fault! At least that is what her father said when she lost her seat.

okay, so i work on a military base. which means i go thru my fair share of checkpoints. most of these checkpoints and get stopped frequently to have my car inspected and identification verified.

i've gone thru these checkpoints enough that security knows me. We strike up a conversation while they do their thing and send me on my merry way. They know me well enough to recognize me and know that I'm no threat to National Security, yet they continue to stop and search me from time to time.

here's the thing, the vast majority of the security personnel are a different race than I am. Should I raise a stink with the Reverand Al or the ACLU?

Up until now I would have said no. I was under the assumption that they were just doing their job

The Rev. Darrell D. Elligan, president of Concerned Black Clergy, called McKinney competent, courageous and committed.

"She has our support unconditionally," Elligan said. "She is not a threat to the security of our country."

I Love the fact that no one is even remotely saying that she is a threat to the security of our country, what they are saying is that she hit a police officer.

I would love to see her charged with 18 USC 111 Assault on a Federal Officer. Serves her right, especially since she played the race card. The COP was doing his/her job. For her to say that she is considering civil action against the officer is unbelievable, and if anything is probably making the US Capitol Police want criminal charges even more.

This woman is an idiot.

The Rev. Darrell D. Elligan, president of Concerned Black Clergy, called McKinney competent, courageous and committed.

"She has our support unconditionally," Elligan said. "She is not a threat to the security of our country."

I Love the fact that no one is even remotely saying that she is a threat to the security of our country, what they are saying is that she hit a police officer.

I would love to see her charged with 18 USC 111 Assault on a Federal Officer.  Serves her right, especially since she played the race card.  The COP was doing his/her job.  For her to say that she is considering civil action against the officer is unbelievable, and if anything is probably making the US Capitol Police want criminal charges even more.

This woman is an idiot.

651098[/snapback]

Probably the only way to get her out of office.