Gut 'em like a fish

Marv is going to get rid of anybody on this team who he deems stinks. It doesn't matter who is under center for the next few seasons. They had better be durable. No qb in this entire league will succeed behind our o-line. We wanted Big Ben. Would he have succeeded under the lack of leadership in Buffalo? Mark my words the 2007 draft has Marv's qb of the future--Brady Quinn of Notre Dame. This will be Marv's Jim Kelly. It will be a few years before we are a decent team much less a playoff team. The o-line will not be rebuilt overnight or in one season. The Giants suffered in Eli's first season.

JP had 2 seasons

646805[/snapback]

djfarr I dont really like to talk badly of other posters....but you keep saying that same &$&$ over and over again....posters are correcting you on it....and you continue to do it.

JP Losman has NOT had 2 seasons....

- He lost his first season to injury

- His second season he played poorly in the beginning....played much better when he was put back in.....and then (for whatever reason we do NOT know) he was taken out again and Holcomb was put back in.....

That does NOT equal 2 seasons regardless of what planets math you use.

Eli showed improvement from one season to the next. JP has not. I never said get rid of him this season. No matter where JP goes he will need to take his lumps in order to gain experience. Marv will draft Brady Quinn in 2007.

djfarr I dont really like to talk badly of other posters....but you keep saying that same &$&$ over and over again....posters are correcting you on it....and you continue to do it.

JP Losman has NOT had 2 seasons....

- He lost his first season to injury

- His second season he played poorly in the beginning....played much better when he was put back in.....and then (for whatever reason we do NOT know) he was taken out again and Holcomb was put back in.....

That does NOT equal 2 seasons regardless of what planets math you use.

646814[/snapback]

How many seasons has he been on the roster? Thanks

People can continue to try and correct me, but I believe i am right. Just like when you say the same load of crap about JP showing signs of improvement the last few games. Which you state over and over and over and over and over

I don't post nearly as often as you, and only do when I see so much obsession over a no talent like JP.

And for the record, he was listed as injured. Anything beyond that is speculation.

How many seasons has he been on the roster?  Thanks

People can continue to try and correct me, but I believe i am right.  Just like when you say the same load of crap about JP showing signs of improvement the last few games.  Which you state over and over and over and over and over

I don't post nearly as often as you, and only do when I see so much obsession over a no talent like JP.

And for the record, he was listed as injured.  Anything beyond that is speculation.

646958[/snapback]

You are right. In theory he has 2 years experience according to NFL policy on list years experience.

In practise, however, he only has 1 year of playing experience (albeit only 8 games) but he does have 2 years of mental reps. However - he's not been given a fair crack of the whip in terms of full reps under centre in practise - so the theory doesn't compare to reality in any way.

People can continue to try and correct me, but I believe i am right.  Just like when you say the same load of crap about JP showing signs of improvement the last few games.  Which you state over and over and over and over and over

And for the record, he was listed as injured.  Anything beyond that is speculation.

646958[/snapback]

OK so you are considering the fact that he was sitting in rehab for a fricken year as a year where he should have been improving...

That is the STUPIDIST thing I have ever seen on this message board...and I have seen a lot over the years.....

And yes....JP DID show signs of improvement when he went back in and if you really wish to take this to the max ignorance level I have every game on tape and can go over those those games play by play....and since you are so into "stats" you probably count things like dropped passes by receivers against the QB....oh wait you probably count the game where Holcomb got knocked out right away and Losman finished as a "holcomb game" because he started it right....

By the way....this isn't obsession over JP Losman...it is a retort by the ignorance of this board to allow an investment of a 1st round pick to be thrown away (which any way you slice it would set this team back at least a year) with a QB that hasn't even had a full year to prove himself.

And yeah...its all speculation LIKE I SAID

And the WHOLE arguement itself is beyond stupid because we have not had ANY QB be able to put up a decent season behind our horrible O line for a while.....

Mark my words the 2007 draft has Marv's qb of the future--Brady Quinn of Notre Dame.  This will be Marv's Jim Kelly.

646755[/snapback]

Oy vey...another Irish QB, in more ways than one.

646958[/snapback]

I think this right here shoots you down my friend....the very thing JP posesses is talent, that's what makes it such a maddening game of russian roulette. The question is harnessing that talent into football knowledge and recongition. If you have ever listened to Marv or Dick Jauron the first thing they talk about is the tremendous talent JP has, it's getting him to develop the intangibles that will be either his golden ticket or his downfall. I hope you think you're right because that is the very idea about having an opinion, you think you're right. I, like many, disagree. If you consider his first year being muddled by injury as a legitimate year of progression in his career then you have not been around sports on a collegiate level or higher. If watching tape and being around the team is considered progression then the quality control coach was just as ready to be named starter after the first season as JP was.