Moulds to Texans

BillBuff

Good. The fact that we got a contract in place means the hard work is over. Now its just a matter of compensation. If it is anything less than a 4th, I say walk on the deal. And none of that "2007 Draft Pick" crap unless its a 2nd rounder or higher, we need help now.

Who knows? Maybe once this news starts making rounds, Philly will panic and up their own offer. Good news for us, either way.

Really glad I shared that report.

So many cynical knee jerk "jerks" rush to respond before they really know anything. I'm not soprano and I thought he was off the wall, but I'll think twice about jumping in here again. Who needs it?

K ;)

So many cynical knee jerk "jerks" rush to respond before they really know anything. I'm not soprano and I thought he was off the wall, but I'll think twice about jumping in here again. Who needs it?

K ;)

646215[/snapback]

Thanks for sharing the report. After soo many so called "rumors" being reported. People are leary whenever they see something like this without a link. Call it the Chicken Little syndrome. ;)

K ;)

646215[/snapback]

I know you are but what am I? ;)

If it is anything less than a 4th, I say walk on the deal.  And none of that "2007 Draft Pick" crap unless its a 2nd rounder or higher, we need help now.

646209[/snapback]

;) Isn't it better to trade him than walk away and get nothing? Do we save any cap room, or is it all bonuses and a cut or trade are the same? Woudn't keeping him away from New England have some value? Obviously I want to get the most we can for him (actually, I want to keep him, but I know that isn't happening), but if that is a 5th this year or a 4th next year or a case of beer, try to get the best we can, which is better than nothing if we cut him.

;)  Isn't it better to trade him than walk away and get nothing?  Do we save any cap room, or is it all bonuses and a cut or trade are the same?  Woudn't keeping him away from New England have some value?  Obviously I want to get the most we can for him (actually, I want to keep him, but I know that isn't happening), but if that is a 5th this year or a 4th next year or a case of beer, try to get the best we can, which is better than nothing if we cut him.

646222[/snapback]

There is a point where it DOES become not worth it in my opinion. At least not with The Texans. If they start dragging their feet and only pony up a 5th, I'm sure one of the other 5 teams interested would give up a 4th to trump the Texans. My point is just because Moulds has a contract now with the Texans, that doesnt mean we should negotiate strictly with them.

They have the inside track for sure, but I dont think they can start throwing their weight around and only give up a 5th for a starting WR in the NFL without The Bills leaving the table and finding another partner.

K ;)

646215[/snapback]

Maybe you'd have received a better response if you hadn't used a misleading title and instead made a note that it was just an unfounded rumor on some radio station?

Maybe you'd have received a better response if you hadn't used a misleading title and instead made a note that it was just an unfounded rumor on some radio station?

646261[/snapback]

Gargano is a good source. His info came from Eagles front office.

Has this popped up anywhere online yet?  Just curious to see if it gets picked up by any website.

646286[/snapback]

WIP is doing sixer game but will do a news update at halftime. I'm listening and will post anything new. Anyone live in Houston?

If you read this article, you can see why the rumors are what they are.

Texans-Free Agents

These guys have been very active in free agency and they've had a plan of execution that they have mostly been successful in implementing except for WR.

My sense is that they want to complete their plan and EM fits the bill perfectly.

And yes, with Eric, it is about the money first. On the one hand, I can't blame him given that he is at the end of his career. On the other hand, just don't say that it isn't when it is!

Bruce Smith did the same thing. Oh, he wished he couild have finished his career in Buffalo. My ass!

He got one more big payday and the chance to hang around until he finally broke the sack record. I don't have a problem with that, except that he tried to make it sound like Buffalo forced him to leave.

He was offered a new deal to take a pay cut and he said asta la vista, just like EM is doing now. Except he cried to the media that it was otherwise. That's what irritates me about it.

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's rainin' Senator! :angry:

Listening to the rhetoric it appears the bridges are burned and Moulds will not play for the Bills this year. The Bills will look for any compensation in a trade deal that will allow the Bills to help decide where it is that Moulds goes. Levy floated a 4th out there as an ideal, but I wouldn't be surprised to have him accept less to a.) ensure Moulds is out of the East, b.) get Moulds' contract off the cap, and c.) move on. I would expect that Levy will hold Moulds as long as it takes to convince those interested that the decision now is to trade Moulds. Despite the "we can wait 'til he's cut" mentality, there are teams that are desperate/crazy enough to do the trade to ensure they get Moulds. Houston's a prime example, as Moulds the free agent would obviously take less money to play for the Eagles (his clear desired destination, and why not?) than more money to play for Houston. I don't see Moulds as one to refuse a trade, so that may be the only scenario for Houston to be able to get Moulds...