Now we see who can play poker

Ummmmmm, you are comparing Moulds to one of the best pure receivers the game has seen.  Not a good comparison, plus Dallas didn't have to give up a pick for Owens.

643760[/snapback]

You mean Javon "Gimpy" Walker? Yep, one of the ten best IF HE'S HEALTHY! That's a big if right now!

PTR

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether it's Modrak, Levy, or whoever, I think we will see who can win a staredown.  Let's review the situation:

1) Philly, Denver, Houston, and Green Bay all look serious about acquiring Moulds.

2) Philly and Houston have floated the idea of a 4th rounder or lower for Moulds.  Green Bay allegedly will "let us have" Walker for Moulds if we throw in some extra picks! (LOL!!!)

3) The Bills already got a 3rd rounder for a lesser player: Travis Henry.

4) Despite what the (misinformed) press says, the Bills are under no cap pressure to get rid of Moulds.

5) The Bills absolutely will NOT cut Moulds or allow him to leave without compensation, or allow him to go to an AFC East team.

It's obvious to me that teams are doing some negotiating through the press, talking about offering a second day (4th or lower) pick, trying to see how the Bills react.  Stone cold silence is the perfect tack for the Bills.

Eric Moulds is not damaged goods like Javon Walker.  He still can play, and these teams know it.  The Bills have three goals:

1) Get maximum value for Moulds

2) Keep him away from any team in the AFC East

3) Free up cap space.

2 and 3 are a slam dunk.  The Bills must stand firm on #1.  Moulds is worth far more than a #4.  Considering Peerless Price fetched a #1, Moulds is worth at least that!  I think the Bills ought to get a #1, or a lower pick with a prime player, for Moulds.

But to get that, the Bills will have to play hard-to-get, so don't expect a quick deal unless one team caves early to beat they others out.  So expect plenty of crying and name calling here at the Stadium Wall while the Moulds deal drags on.

PTR

643415[/snapback]

Daunte Culpepper and Corey Dillon were had for #2's and you want to get a #1 for an aging WR? We'd be lucky to get a #3.

Travis Henry was a young running back, not an old WR…looking back at how he performed last year, we’re lucky we got a 3. Atlanta thought Peerless was the next Marvin Harrison...ironically, thanks to Moulds (who was in his prime) took coverages away from Price.

The reason teams are lining up is because they think they can get him for a 4 or 5. Since he'll never play for Buffalo again, teams want to take advantage. I bet we get a 4 this year and a 5 next.

Remember they got a third round for Henry for the following year.  Typically a draft pick one year out is looked at as one round lower, so essentially was the same as getting a 4th rounder for Henry.  Henry also had a reasonable contract which benefited both the team getting him, and was reasonable for the Bills to keep if a deal wasn't worked out. 

A 1st rounder would be great, but I doubt it will happen.

643700[/snapback]

Yes, and also keep in mind that the Tiatns gave us a third rounder knowing that he was going to be suspended for four games for violating the league's substance abuse policy for the third time, and he was whining and sulking like a little B word because the Bills drafted McGahee.

Were it not for all of those factors, we could have probably gotten a second for him.