Moulds/Walker Scenario

Moulds' asking price is a 4th

Walker's asking price is a 5th

Rather than do that hairbrained trade that ESPN is reporting, why don't we simply make a trade for Moulds to a team (like the Texans) for a 4th.

Then, we can send the Packers their asking price of a 5th. That way it would essentially be:

Moulds and a 5th

for

Walker and a 4th

Or we could just trade Moulds and stick with the WR's we have. I'm pretty confident with Evans, Parrish, Reed, Davis, and Aiken.

I think everyone has pretty much written off Parrish for some reason. Before he injured his arm, he looked AWESOME in camp. I'm expecting big things from him. Especially if we put him with Lee and a good blocking WR (Reed).

BillsFanForever19,

you have me a bit confused. Are you suggesting that we trade moulds to a team other than GB, and then just send a 5th to GB for Walker? I would think that GB was asking for a 5th rounder on top of moulds to replace the receiver they would be losing, and if Eric goes to a different team (like the Texans), how does that work?

i thought GB wanted moulds plus our 3rd round pick plus a 4th next year, in return for walker and GBs 5th this year. I don't think Walker for a 5th rounder str8 up id realistic.

Brandon Lloyd went to washington for a 3rd + a 4th in 2007. Walker is worth at least that much

i thought GB wanted moulds plus our 3rd round pick plus a 4th next year, in return for walker and GBs 5th this year.  I don't think Walker for a 5th rounder str8 up id realistic.

Brandon Lloyd went to washington for a 3rd + a 4th in 2007.  Walker is worth at least that much

643247[/snapback]

If Walker and Lloyd are worth that much, don't you think EM is worth at least

that especially if the team is desparate to make the splash of its own

BillsFanForever19,

you have me a bit confused. Are you suggesting that we trade moulds to a team other than GB, and then just send a 5th to GB for Walker? I would think that GB was asking for a 5th rounder on top of moulds to replace the receiver they would be losing, and if Eric goes to a different team (like the Texans), how does that work?

643217[/snapback]

Trade Moulds to another team (like the Texans) for a 4th. Then give GB a 5th for Walker. This way, we'd be getting Walker for much less than that crazy trade.

I was simply showing what we'd be giving up to different teams (I.E. Texans and Packers, not just Packers) and what we'd be getting.

If Walker and Lloyd are worth that much, don't you think EM is worth at least

that especially if the team is desparate to make the splash of its own

643272[/snapback]

Walker was asking for a big payday before the injury which makes me worried on both sides. There is no doubt that walker is talented but coming off that injury who knows how he will be.If GB gave us Walker and their 3rd or 4th for Eric and our 5th than I would say pull the trigger. They both want out and Walker has alot more upside than Moulds. Syanara EM, thanks for the memories.

Trade Moulds to another team (like the Texans) for a 4th. Then give GB a 5th for Walker. This way, we'd be getting Walker for much less than that crazy trade.

I was simply showing what we'd be giving up to different teams (I.E. Texans and Packers, not just Packers) and what we'd be getting.

643300[/snapback]

I like the thought of JW at the 2 slot. If we can get that much speed at reciever we can be real tough to put 8 guys in the box on. If we are able to spread the field like Fairchild did in St. Louis than we have as good a chance as anyone. But it all comes to the lines and how they maintain.

If we can get Walker for a 4th or lower he is definitely worth it as long as he is healthy.

643314[/snapback]

I thought a major part of the deal that was being mentioned is that Moulds would be used to replace Walker on Green Bay. Just trading a 4th to them in no way addresses their need if Walker left. If it is Walker for just a 4th, then barring a bad physical, you absolutely go for it (and that is why it doesn't make a lot of sense from GB's perspective)

I thought a major part of the deal that was being mentioned is that Moulds would be used to replace Walker on Green Bay. Just trading a 4th to them in no way addresses their need if Walker left. If it is Walker for just a 4th, then barring a bad physical, you absolutely go for it (and that is why it doesn't make a lot of sense from GB's perspective)

643713[/snapback]

I have no clue what this deal is looking like. I have only heard it on TBD.

If we did trade for Walker, I would want to sign him to a long term deal before the trade commenced.