Jeff Faine on the block

the Akron Beacon Journal is reporting that Jeff Faine of the Cleveland Browns has been given permission by the team to seek a trade. He is still under his rookie contract and has a cap hit of less than $1 million for 2006. no word on what Cleveland is seeking as compensation.

Offensive Center,,,1st round draft choice about 3 years ago....Bills scouts liked him

money - he pointed out he is still on his rookie contract

640757[/snapback]

See if Moulds would be of interest to the Browns, what the hell, Faine was a stud in college, better than just cutting Moulds.

www.google.com

640758[/snapback]

was about to suggest the same thing...

Full Name: Jeffrey Kalei Faine

Born: April 6, 1981

Milwaukie, OR

Height: 6-3

Weight: 291 lbs.

Pos: C

Experience: 3 years

College: Notre Dame

Drafted: Year:2003 Round:1 Pick:21, Browns

Faine has played 36 games across 3 seasons. While he's had some injury problems he is still a good offensive lineman with a small contract. If he can be picked up for a minimal trade it would be worth it in my opinion.

Scouts Inc. has him rated as a 69 (adequate starter)

Scouts Inc review of Jeff Faine:

He is quick and athletic. He shows solid initial quickness in-line. He shows the ability to get his first step in the ground quickly. He plays with solid lateral quickness in pass pro. He is a smart player - can make all the line calls up front. He provides solid help in pass pro. He shows good awareness for stunts and delayed blitzes. He is effecting pulling both left and right - can find and locate on the move. He shows solid re-direct vs. double moves. He uses his hands well in both the run and pass games. The biggest negative with him is that he fancies himself as a tough guy, but he plays extremely soft inside. He gets knocked back into the backfield too often at the snap. He gets walked back into the QB vs. power rushers. He does not offer position versatility - strictly an OC

We don't need Faine now that we have Fowler. Faine is limited to Center and so is Fowler..Preston can play either position. We need a quality LG now..I am okay addressing LG in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft--interior OL tend to develop quicker and adjust to the pro game speed better than OT's..so its not unrealistic to assume we can draft someone in the top 100 who can fill this slot.

I am a huge Faine fan--he was a warrior at ND...but it would be a waste to spend money on him...

I realize we have Fowler, but you gotta think depth. I dont think Preston can handle the load yet at Center for a whole season if Fowler goes down. Plus, competition in camp is always a good thing.

I realize we have Fowler, but you gotta think depth.  I dont think Preston can handle the load yet at Center for a whole season if Fowler goes down.  Plus, competition in camp is always a good thing.

640781[/snapback]

He's really expensive depth for a pure center...and his durability is almost Jonas Jennings like. Bart or another ND'r can tell you--the guy left a lot on the field in South Bend -- his ankle and back are somewhat in chronically bad shape...I love him -- but he proably isn't the answer...

NFL.com: Jeff Faine

I liked Faine a LOT in the '03 draft (Browns took him #21 overall, two spots ahead of McGahee), but he hasn't made it through a season yet without a visit to I.R.

640762[/snapback]

Looks like a good time to acquire him for the famous 'conditional pick'. Considering what the Bills have at line now? The more the better. :lol:

We don't need Faine now that we have Fowler.  Faine is limited to Center and so is Fowler..Preston can play either position.  We need a quality LG now..I am okay addressing LG in the 2nd or 3rd round of the draft--interior OL tend to develop quicker and adjust to the pro game speed better than OT's..so its not unrealistic to assume we can draft someone in the top 100 who can fill this slot. 

I am a huge Faine fan--he was a warrior at ND...but it would be a waste to spend money on him...

640773[/snapback]

I heard someone say that Faine was to be moved to guard with Bentley coming in as C. I guess this is not the case?

I heard someone say that Faine was to be moved to guard with Bentley coming in as C. I guess this is not the case?

640804[/snapback]

the other way around actually - Bentley (despite being a pro-bowl center) might be moved to guard if Faine stays.