Aaron Brooks signs with Oakland

Brooks is not the longterm answer in Oakland. It is a good signing as it gives the Raiders a vet to start as Vince Young gets up to NFL speed, plus it gives Young a vet to learn from.

Brooks is not the longterm answer in Oakland. It is a good signing as it gives the Raiders a vet to start as Vince Young gets up to NFL speed, plus it gives Young a vet to learn from.

639743[/snapback]

Would you want your multi-million dolla rookie learning from Aaron Brooks?

:ph34r:

Let's see Brian - The Raiders current big weakness is DEFENSE but does that guarantee the raiders letting Vince Young or Jay Cutler slipping past them. I'd say no (they would not)

As to people being "certain" the Bills would not draft a QB if one of the big four were on the board, I am far from certain of that.

Why? The NFL "mantra" has always been, "If a potential franchise QB is on the board you ALWAYS take him". I feel that is a bit too strong a statement (for example, why would New England do such a thing?).

My OPINION is that if Cutler or Young are on the board that the Bills will either draft him or trade down. I prefer the latter and , hopefully, they won't have to trade too far down.

-RnJ

Would you want your multi-million dolla rookie learning from Aaron Brooks?

:ph34r:

639755[/snapback]

Good point. Plus Brooks fits the vertical game they like. Raider QBs will never be among the league leaders in QB efficiency. Brooks has a built-in excuse for just this type of system. He's talented, but mistake prone. With the receiving talent on that team and Jordan in the backfield, he'll have his moments to shine. Raider fan will shudder, however, when they NEED him to drive the field with the clock winding down. Bottom line, he'll bully his way to success and break hearts when they need it most.

As to people being "certain" the Bills would not draft a QB if one of the big four were on the board, I am far from certain of that.

Why? The NFL "mantra" has always been, "If a potential franchise QB is on the board you ALWAYS take him". I feel that is a bit too strong a statement (for example, why would New England do such a thing?).

-RnJ

639834[/snapback]

Well, because franchise QBs will be scooped up earlier in the round. With NEs success, they pick at the bottom. That "franchise" QB wouldn't be available there.

Well, because franchise QBs will be scooped up earlier in the round. With NEs success, they pick at the bottom. That "franchise" QB wouldn't be available there.

639841[/snapback]

I think you misread me - my Patriot example was under the premise, "IF the patriots had a high pick and a franchise QB was on the board, would they automatically select him?"

I would say NO because Brady is young and very very very good.

Most teams don't have a Brady (not rocket science ha ha)

Anyway, I was only saying I am far from certain as to what the Bills would do if one of the big four QB's is on the board at #8. And I would not be one of the posters at TBD bashing the Bils if we end up with Cutler or Young as our 1st round pick. I understand the thinking - which is - to not let a potential Franchise QB get by you.

Anyway, I was only saying I am far from certain as to what the Bills would do if one of the big four QB's is on the board at #8. And I would not be one of the posters at TBD bashing the Bils if we end up with Cutler or Young as our 1st round pick. I understand the thinking - which is - to not let a potential Franchise QB get by you.

639881[/snapback]

I would be complaining, cause I don't think any of the QB's available this year (besides maybe Lienart) is a can't pass up franchise QB. (And if so why aren't they taken in the top 4 picks if a team can't pass up a franchise QB?)

The reason Buffalo will pass is because we already drafted our franchise QB 2 years ago, and don't know what we have yet cause we've only seen him in 8 FREAKIN GAMES.

I am willing to say that I am 99.9% sure Buffalo will not take a QB at #8 unless Marv and Ralph really are the old senile men that everyone here thinks, and I will join the side of the people wanting Marv gone and that this franchise is in total caos if that happens.

The Bills do not need any of the QB's available this year and none of them are can't miss guarantee must have picks. The only reason they are regarded so highly is because they are the top 4 rated QB's in the draft. Take away the fact that they are QB's and that QB's usually get drafted high, and everyone drafts top player available instead of need, and I bet most of those guys drop to the second round.