Who will be the Bills' starter

Which QB will win the three man competition?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB will win the three man competition?

• Craig Nall
    • Kelly Holcomb
    • JP Losman
    • Other (please explain)

if he is such a good starter WHY did he end up on the bills . seems to me if he is the football god you think he is , holcomb would have been picked up by some ot her team . i think his only offer was by the bills ?

641041[/snapback]

Not sure where you got the impression I think Holcomb's a football god. I've written he's better than about 1/3 of the starters in the league: guys like Boller, Fielder, etc. As for why he didn't garner more interest, maybe he's not suited to some teams' style of offense, while others might be looking for younger players, while the rest are set (or think they are) at the QB position. Besides all this, his QB rating here in Buffalo is higher than the one he produced in Cleveland, showing that his play has probably improved.

I'm open to the possibility Craig Nall will prove himself a better QB than Holcomb. The Bills have a choice: do they go with the savvy vet in Holcomb, or the young guy with upside in Nall?

Edit: I left out their third option, which is to find a QB in the draft.

Guest BackInDaDay
:blush:  :lol:  :doh:

Gee i wonder where that could have come from?

641291[/snapback]

Kelly Holcomb's mother was an astrologist. When asked what it was like giving birth to her son, she looked out the window and wept. :P

Kelly Holcomb = A Commitment To Mediocrity

Then we can bring aboard appropriate sponsers of Medicocrity like Ford, RCA, The Dollar Store, Dennys, Geico, Genny Light and the New York Lottery.

Yup. We're happy with settling. On 3rd and 9, we'll take the 3 yard out on the sidelines every time and clap our hands with Kelly as our punter runs onto the field.

Kelly Holcomb = A Commitment To Mediocrity

Then we can bring aboard appropriate sponsers of Medicocrity like Ford, RCA, The Dollar Store, Dennys, Geico, Genny Light and the New York Lottery.

Yup. We're happy with settling. On 3rd and 9, we'll take the 3 yard out on the sidelines every time and clap our hands with Kelly as our punter runs onto the field.

644695[/snapback]

The Dollar Store will be thrilled to be called mediorce (hey, for a buck, I'll take mediocre). As for Genny Light...don't you think you're being quite generous?

I didn't realize she was that prone to envy! :doh:

644677[/snapback]

That insightful comment was the reason for bringing up a 4 day old thread? Oh wait I forgot Holcomb's arm can't go more than a few hours without bringing up a JP/Holcomb debate to get off on.

If Marv didn't think Losman would be the starter at the contract he is commanding, I think Marv would have let him go or tried to trade for a late (very late) draft choice. 

644698[/snapback]

Maybe your words are more prophetic than you'd realized.

Guest dog14787
I can't say who is going to start, but if I wake up opening week and find out Holcomb is the starter for my team, I am going to kill someone. The dude isn't starter material unless he's playing against some stupid-ass team with no defense.

He's a career backup and that is it. Plain and simple.

Define waste of time: letting Holcomb compete for the starting QB position for any team.

639332[/snapback]

:lol: My opinion also, Holcomb is a good backup at best. don't get me wrong , I like him , but I'm hoping J.P. Losman wins the Job.

Thats an awful cute pic LABillzFan!!! :doh:

Guest dog14787
poles ???

641048[/snapback]

It doesn't surprise me that Losman is The heavy favorite, its nice to see.

The kid has potential! His accuracy on the run resembles Vicks. Also the way he handled himself last year says alot. Hes had a tough time of it and has handled it like a man.

I wonder if he knows theres alot of fans out there that believes in him.

:lol:

If Losman does not win the starting job, then Nall will. Think about it, do we really think that KH has a strong enough arm to get us to the playoffs? I think he's a fine backup, but just isn't starting material in this stage of his career. Plus, we need to go with the future. We do not have a playoff caliber team this year.

Do I have vision problems or am I seeing that none of you have Holcomb as being good. Let's see... JP... 1-7... Kelly Holcomb... 4-4... Interesting. If you count the game where JP came in for KH (Was that the KC game?) that gives him a little more... but I beg to differ. With near identical amounts of time to prove something, HOLCOMB PRODUCED. I'm not saying he's good, I'm not saying he's great, but he gets the job done.

I'll get ripped for this, but the guy's got something. If anything, he'll be a great mentor for Nall. I look as JP being the lesson, Holcomb being the mentor, and Jauron giving the evil eye to get Nall the starting spot. He's big, he's got a good arm, and I think he'll do good things.

Do I have vision problems or am I seeing that none of you have Holcomb as being good.  Let's see... JP... 1-7... Kelly Holcomb... 4-4... Interesting.  If you count the game where JP came in for KH (Was that the KC game?) that gives him a little more... but I beg to differ.  With near identical amounts of time to prove something, HOLCOMB PRODUCED.  I'm not saying he's good, I'm not saying he's great, but he gets the job done.

I'll get ripped for this, but the guy's got something.  If anything, he'll be a great mentor for Nall.  I look as JP being the lesson, Holcomb being the mentor, and Jauron giving the evil eye to get Nall the starting spot.  He's big, he's got a good arm, and I think he'll do good things.

651127[/snapback]

You make a good point about Holcomb having produced. That said, I think Nall is going to be the starter. He's the only QB of the three selected with input from the new coaching staff. Fairchild's offense requires a certain type of QB, and maybe Nall is a better fit for this than either Holcomb or Losman.

Do I have vision problems or am I seeing that none of you have Holcomb as being good.  Let's see... JP... 1-7... Kelly Holcomb... 4-4... Interesting.  If you count the game where JP came in for KH (Was that the KC game?) that gives him a little more... but I beg to differ.  With near identical amounts of time to prove something, HOLCOMB PRODUCED.  I'm not saying he's good, I'm not saying he's great, but he gets the job done.

I'll get ripped for this, but the guy's got something.  If anything, he'll be a great mentor for Nall.  I look as JP being the lesson, Holcomb being the mentor, and Jauron giving the evil eye to get Nall the starting spot.  He's big, he's got a good arm, and I think he'll do good things.

651127[/snapback]

I've never understood the animosity directed at Holcomb. Most all were pleased when he was acquired. He's not a world-beater, but he IMO played the best he could. Yes, he made mistakes - what qb doesn't?

I'm of the mind that a good number of teams would be happy to have him at the #2 spot.