6 month jail sentence changed to 5 years

ch19079

Steelers | Police and courts: T. Carter

Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:26:24 -0800

The Associated Press reports the brother of Pittsburgh Steelers S Tyrone Carter, Tank Carter, was sentenced five years in prison for driving with a revoked license. His original sentence was six months. Tank was scheduled to report to a Broward County, Fla. jail in January, but instead he watched the Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL. He reported for jail on Feb. 13. The judge did not like that and increased his sentence to five years.

damn, so was it worth it? LOL

The Associated Press reports the brother of Pittsburgh Steelers S Tyrone Carter, Tank Carter, was sentenced five years in prison for driving with a revoked license. His original sentence was six months. Tank was scheduled to report to a Broward County, Fla. jail in January, but instead he watched the Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL. He reported for jail on Feb. 13. The judge did not like that and increased his sentence to five years.

638773[/snapback]

Another example of how the system is continuing to get out of hand. I predict penal colonies in America in my lifetime.

638773[/snapback]

They don't have televisions in jail?

Another example of how the system is continuing to get out of hand.  I predict penal colonies in America in my lifetime.

639226[/snapback]

I think it's an example of the feeling of entitlement in this country has gotten out of hand. He broke the law and was ordered to do six months as punishment. You don't get to pick and choose when you're going to go. You report when they tell you and if you don't you suffer the consequences. He acted just like a spoiled child by avoiding his obligation. Sometimes when you're being punished you miss stuff that you really wanted to do. If not the punishment isn't very effective.

Another example of how the system is continuing to get out of hand.  I predict penal colonies in America in my lifetime.

639226[/snapback]

Remember in the 80's when the federal goverment closed mental hospitles, then the came the homeless epidemic, now the prisons and jails are the new mental hospitles.

i think he actually went to the SB, and didnt simply watch it on tv.

so the queston is, would you blow off jail time to go to the SB and watch a family member play in it?

he had to expect some kind of punishment for not showing up to jail, but adding 4.5 YEARS to a 6 month sentence is crazy.

I think it's an example of the feeling of entitlement in this country has gotten out of hand.  He broke the law and was ordered to do six months as punishment.  You don't get to pick and choose when you're going to go.  You report when they tell you and if you don't you suffer the consequences.  He acted just like a spoiled child by avoiding his obligation.  Sometimes when you're being punished you miss stuff that you really wanted to do.  If not the punishment isn't very effective.

639233[/snapback]

So you double it. A year. Not five. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Putting the death penalty on double parking, does not fit the crime, and won't ultimately cure it. There is a strong force at work in America, that wants more people in the system, for the systems sake, and not societies. Is my point.

Sorry, but I disagree. The guy must have been a moron to think the judge wouldn't come down on him like a ton of bricks. I remember the most compelling legal advice ever given to me by a senior practitioner..."Don't piss off the judge". I suspect we aren't putting away the next Nobel prize winner.

Sorry, but I disagree.  The guy must have been a moron to think the judge wouldn't come down on him like a ton of bricks.  I remember the most compelling legal advice ever given to me by a senior practitioner..."Don't piss off the judge".  I suspect we aren't putting away the next Nobel prize winner.

639277[/snapback]

Then we'll just have to disagree. Of course, you are part of the system.

Sorry, but I disagree.  The guy must have been a moron to think the judge wouldn't come down on him like a ton of bricks.  I remember the most compelling legal advice ever given to me by a senior practitioner..."Don't piss off the judge".  I suspect we aren't putting away the next Nobel prize winner.

639277[/snapback]

Jails are full of such. It's amazing, the number of folks that can't tell time or can't keep their trap shut.

Remember in the 80's when the federal goverment closed mental hospitles, then the came the homeless epidemic, now the prisons and jails are the new mental hospitles.

639235[/snapback]

This place is the mental hospital of the virtual world. I think Quale is responsible though, not Ron.

They don't have televisions in jail?

639232[/snapback]

Problem would be if they are one of the newer jails that offer a common area to watch TV. And another issue is some would root for the Steelers, and some for the Seahawks. If people get pissed off at each other, it could trouble. So it's easier to just lock every one up, and if they're good, you play the radio broadcast for them.

Back in the 1700s, America had the world's largest penal colony. I think it was Jamestown. Perhaps we're coming full circle.  :lol:

639304[/snapback]

this from an aussie. Oh the irony. as vizzini says in the greatest movie ever made, and i quote

"Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. " :ph34r::)

this from an aussie. Oh the irony. as vizzini says in the greatest movie ever made, and i quote

"Not remotely. Because iocane comes from Australia, as everyone knows, and Australia is entirely peopled with criminals, and criminals are used to having people not trust them, as you are not trusted by me, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. " :blush:  :lol:

639608[/snapback]

nice quote.

but i dont know about the greatest movie ever made part...