Moulds given permission to seek trade

How 'bout Moulds to Philly for Hollis Thomas and a 2nd round pick?

638812[/snapback]

It would have to be a 3rd IMO. Value for WR in trades is very small. Hollis Thomas and a 3rd would be far. Maybe even a 4th.

I would rather just take a 2nd rounder from a winning team or an early third. Some great talent in the 2nd and third rounds.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey they gave us a first for Price.  :devil:  Maybe it will work again with Eric.  :P

638813[/snapback]

If the Bills even got a 4th for Moulds I would be thrilled.

I was always a big Moulds fan, but if he wants to go, then go. Would rather see the Bills draft a WR in the 3rd round and groom him with Evans, Davis, and Parrish. Bills are in rebuilding mode. When making the team younger, might as well go all the way and send Moulds on his merry way.

If the Bills even got a 4th for Moulds I would be thrilled.

I was always a big Moulds fan, but if he wants to go, then go.  Would rather see the Bills draft a WR in the 3rd round and groom him with Evans, Davis, and Parrish.  Bills are in rebuilding mode.  When making the team younger, might as well go all the way and send Moulds on his merry way.

638818[/snapback]

I agree I think a 4th is more likely. Wideouts just dont have value in trades.

If Doug Jolley could get the Jets a 1st round pick, Moulds should bring at least a second, if n ot a 1st...

638823[/snapback]

Good TEs are harder to come by though. Thats why the 1st round value. WR just dont have that value in trades.

I agree I think a 4th is more likely. Wideouts just dont have value in trades.

638822[/snapback]

Absolutely...let's look at it this way: A 4th is better then ZERO and right now the mentaility needs to be at OBD..you do not want to be here, see ya....again I would rather see Moulds stay....but for his price and his mindset...bye bye

Well, let's see what we've got:

AE: Nothing, we're not trading in the division

AN: Nothing: Pittsburgh is all set, Cleveland made the moves, Baltimore has Mason and a young Clayton, and Cincy has #85 and Housh.

AS: Tennessee? Not much besides Givens, who's not really a #1. Indy is set, the Jags are deep, and Houston has more pressing problems (though who IS their #2?)

AW: Denver, yes. Kansas City, yes. Oakland no, but San Diego only has a very old McCardell

NE: Philly of course, everyone else had made their splash

NN: Minnesota? Only Burleson and Williamson, neither of whom is very good. Green Bay if they lose Walker, Detriot because it's Millen, and Chicago lost out on ARE.

NS: Atlanta needs one, but can't add it; Carolina's stable, New Orleans...too far away from a run, and Tampa has Clayton and Galloway.

NW: Seattle, no. San Francisco? Only has Bryant. The Rams are fine, and the Cards are fine.

So possibly some nibbles there.

Absolutely...let's look at it this way:  A 4th is better then ZERO and right now the mentaility needs to be at OBD..you do not want to be here, see ya....again I would rather see Moulds stay....but for his price and his mindset...bye bye

638826[/snapback]

I just noticed your "New Jersey, The Tax State" profile line.

Enjoying your new Governor? :P

If Doug Jolley could costed the Jets a 1st round pick, Moulds should bring at least a second, if n ot a 1st...

638823[/snapback]

the jets did not trade a 1st just for jolley......there were numerous picks involved, including the raiders 2nd rounder.......

If and when EM is traded or released, regardless of our deficiency at the DT and OL positions, I think that this will open up a greater possibility to drafting Vernon Davis in an attempt to bolster our passing game and give us a more legitimate threat to attack through the air.

This is only if Marv and co. are not that high on Ngata because of his size resemblance to Sam Adams or they think that Bunkley may be too much of a reach with # 8.

Of course we could always trade down...

Some were saying the same thing about T. Henry last year.  Wait and see.

638846[/snapback]

Henry was making coins compared to Moulds (and compared to other RBs). Due to Moulds contract I think that reduces his trade value.

Henry was making coins compared to Moulds (and compared to other RBs).  Due to Moulds contract I think that reduces his trade value.

638852[/snapback]

Depends. Some team might feel there is possibility for a restructure / pay cut if they are "good enough" to warrant it for the good of the team. I'm sure that's part of the discussions Moulds and his stupid advisors are having with other franchises.

How about this scenario on draft day.

Trade Denver our #8 pick and Eric Moulds for their first two picks in the draft #22 and #29. I read that they are in love with Jay Cutler. If they like him that much they'd give it up.

Or our #8 and Eric, for #22 and #61 overall. Just something to think about.

NS: Atlanta needs one, but can't add it; Carolina's stable, New Orleans...too far away from a run, and Tampa has Clayton and Galloway.

638830[/snapback]

Don't know how Moulds would react, but Carolina could use a #2 receiver. After Steve Smith, they don't have anyone. If a team was able to take Smith out of the picture last year, Delhomme had nowhere to go. Those were the games they lost or were in deep schitt.

Don't know how Moulds would react, but Carolina could use a #2 receiver.  After Steve Smith, they don't have anyone.  If a team was able to take Smith out of the picture last year, Delhomme had nowhere to go.  Those were the games they lost or were in deep schitt.

638867[/snapback]

Keyshawn Johnson was actively lobbying Carolina for a job, the last few days...when they said "no thanks", he agreed to play for the Giants...