Vinatieri to Colts

I am not sure he's ever missed a kick in a dome.  Up until a couple of years ago, I know that's true.

638069[/snapback]

Great move for an outside stadium northeast kicker who's game might be slipping just a tad. But, I'll bet he didn't come cheap.

My Pats board is going to be hilarious for the next week or so. :devil:

I guess I'll hope that last year's down year was a sign of his slipping.

638063[/snapback]

If it is anything like the moron-a-thon this place is it will be!

Truth: Pats will find another very good kicker.

If it is anything like the moron-a-thon this place is it will be!

Truth: Pats will find another very good kicker.

Doubtful. It's not like they grow on trees. And Vinatieri took about 3 years before he became a great kicker. He was downright scary his first handful of seasons in the NFL.

Oh and he's been slipping. Whether he stayed with the Pats or not, that key to their SB-winning ways was done with. Probably better for the Pats they didn't spend a ton on him, but it's the end of an era no matter how you look at it.

Doubtful.  It's not like they grow on trees.  And Vinatieri took about 3 years before he became a great kicker.  He was downright scary his first handful of seasons in the NFL.

Oh and he's been slipping.  Whether he stayed with the Pats or not, that key to their SB-winning ways was done with.  Probably better for the Pats they didn't spend a ton on him, but it's the end of an era no matter how you look at it.

638142[/snapback]

How many times can you say that about a place kicker? We might not like the Pats, but the boy was damn good. One of the few players on the team that didn't have to depend on Walt Coleman to make his game.

How many times can you say that about a place kicker? We might not like the Pats, but the boy was damn good. One of the few players on the team that didn't have to depend on Walt Coleman to make his game.

Vinatieri was clutch. If not for him, they wouldn't have a single SB win, much less 3 of them. I'm just glad it's over one way or another.