Should Losman go to NFL Europe???

Since MM decided his job was more important than the long term future of the team, JP lost out on playing time. At the time I agreed with the move because I believed that this was a playoff team (what an idiot I know :P ). Now we are stuck in this current situation of having no idea who our starting qb is. Now I know the risk of sending Losman to Europe and getting injured is huge, but the man needs to play. And I would prefer if got some prior game action before the NFL regular season started. No qb gets better sitting on the bench. Garcia, Delhomme, Warner are just some of the names who have benefitted from playing in other leagues. I could see Losman not making it here but going on to a productive career elsewhere. I know I will probably get destroyed for saying this but I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

JP's problems are in his head. Those are the type of problems that can be fixed.

I say break the man down by benching him if he does not win the # 1 spot. After another year or two of sitting around maybe he can start to release his demons and produce like he is capable of(potentially).

JP's problems are in his head. Those are the type of problems that can be fixed.

I say break the man down by benching him if he does not win the # 1 spot. After another year or two of sitting around maybe he can start to release his demons and produce like he is capable of(potentially).

637687[/snapback]

Hey! How's tricks, Dr. Phil? :P

Since MM decided his job was more important than the long term future of the team, JP lost out on playing time.  At the time I agreed with the move because I believed that this was a playoff team (what an idiot I know  :P ).  Now we are stuck in this current situation of having no idea who our starting qb is.  Now I know the risk of sending Losman to Europe and getting injured is huge, but the man needs to play.  And I would prefer if got some prior game action before the NFL regular season started.  No qb gets better sitting on the bench.  Garcia, Delhomme, Warner are just some of the names who have benefitted from playing in other leagues.  I could see Losman not making it here but going on to a productive career elsewhere.  I know I will probably get destroyed for saying this but I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

637685[/snapback]

Ground Control to Major Tom?

:P

637687[/snapback]

Interesting point but in the KC game after being benched, he came in and throw two beautiful passes to Evans. But that's why I think he playing alot somewhere else will only calm him down. He just needs to experience a little success. But that's just my two cents.

there is a good chance he will be our #1 QB at the start of the season. why would you even think about sending him to play in NFLE?

the risk of him being injured is just to high.

637694[/snapback]

I just don't want to have to go through last year again. JP just looks a little raw. I wasn't being a 100% serious but he could use playing time.

"Interesting point but in the KC game after being benched, he came in and throw two beautiful passes to Evans. But that's why I think he playing alot somewhere else will only calm him down. He just needs to experience a little success. But that's just my two cents"

Oh that is right, freakin awsome. It was funny, the other bills fan here in OR( we know eachother) spilled his beer when that was happening...

But yah real good chance if they give him a chance and he tastes success just a bit more maybe the team and the man himself will gain trust in his abilities.

Since MM decided his job was more important than the long term future of the team, JP lost out on playing time.  At the time I agreed with the move because I believed that this was a playoff team (what an idiot I know  :P ).  Now we are stuck in this current situation of having no idea who our starting qb is.  Now I know the risk of sending Losman to Europe and getting injured is huge, but the man needs to play.  And I would prefer if got some prior game action before the NFL regular season started.  No qb gets better sitting on the bench.  Garcia, Delhomme, Warner are just some of the names who have benefitted from playing in other leagues.  I could see Losman not making it here but going on to a productive career elsewhere.  I know I will probably get destroyed for saying this but I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.

637685[/snapback]

I suggested the same idea HERE.

And I still think it is a good idea.

This year no, he has to be in Buffalo learning the new coach's offense, but...

If he's not the starter in 2006 and doesn't get to play much then I'd say why not for 2007-lets see what he can do. It might be his last/best chance to impress.

I originally thought we'd cut him if he wasn't the starter, but after reviewing Clumpy's page, I see he's an affordable 3rd stringer & actually costs more cap $ to cut.

By the end of the 2006 season, if he's on the bench they have absolutely nothing to lose sending him to Europe.