Snakes on a Plane

I find myself hoping that this is some sort of internet hoax thing, it just seems like an April fools gag. Interestingly enough, there was an article in the paper today that Hollywood saw a noticable decline in movie attendance this past year. The last movie I saw was The Lion the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and it is very likely that the next one I will se is the next in that series. Unless, of course they continue with the amazing trend of turning 70's and 80's shows into movies. I cant wait for Diff'rent Strokes the movie. The best part is Gary Coleman could still be Arnold.

I find myself hoping that this is some sort of internet hoax thing, it just seems like an April fools gag.  Interestingly enough, there was an article in the paper today that Hollywood saw a noticable decline in movie attendance this past year.  The last movie I saw was The Lion the Witch, and the Wardrobe, and it is very likely that the next one I will se is the next in that series.  Unless, of course they continue with the amazing trend of turning 70's and 80's shows into movies.  I cant wait for Diff'rent Strokes the movie.  The best part is Gary Coleman could still be Arnold.

634877[/snapback]

Well you will have quite a wait then.

"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian", is being targeted for December 2007.

Well you will have quite a wait then.

"The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian", is being targeted for December 2007.

635272[/snapback]

The truth is, if Hollywood was counting on me for much money, they would be in big trouble, but I find myself being drawn to fewer movies all of the time. One major factor in that is IMO, that very few pictures are worthy of the big screen. Cinematography is not what it used to be.

The truth is, if Hollywood was counting on me for much money, they would be in big trouble, but I find myself being drawn to fewer movies all of the time.  One major factor in that is IMO, that very few pictures are worthy of the big screen.  Cinematography is not what it used to be.

635761[/snapback]

Amen to that!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/film/...t_id=1002234847

So, they re-shot some of the stuff to add more violence and nudity to get an R rating. And, they added a scene where Samuel Jackson says "I want these mother!@#$ing snakes off the mother!@#$ing plane!".

I've already got the camping gear out, gonna line up for tickets to this one a month in advance. :doh:

So, they re-shot some of the stuff to add more violence and nudity to get an R rating.  And, they added a scene where Samuel Jackson says "I want these mother!@#$ing snakes off the mother!@#$ing plane!".

I've already got the camping gear out, gonna line up for tickets to this one a month in advance. :doh:

640171[/snapback]

From the PPP board (don't ask why):

My feeling regarding SNAKES ON A PLANE is that it's going to make a ton of money because it's the right movie at the right time.  We're seen what, 300 remakes of old horror movies from the 70's now? Not to mention the 8 million old TV shows they've turned into horrible movies.  And the Oscars this year featured a bunch of high-brow crap that few normal people cared about. 

So in the midst of pathetic remakes and lame-ass message movies comes a movie called SNAKES ON A PLANE which features SNAKES ON A PLANE and probably about 90 minutes of snakes finding every way imaginable to !@#$ things up on a nightmare flight (including apparently jumping out of a fat woman's cleavage). And like that wasn't enough, it has Samuel L. Jackson saying things that only he can:

"I've HAD IT with the snakes."

"Yes I killed the snake and I hope it BURNS IN HELL!"

"Listen mutha!@#$as, we need to kill these mutha!@#$in SNAKES!!!"

I made the last two up but you know he'll say something like that.  This movie is going to rank right up there with Commando as one of the best horrible movies ever made - an instant classic that everyone will love.

Then, unfortunately, we'll have to put up with about 25 more movies in the next 3 years that try to cash in by being "purposely bad" or off the wall but, in reality, aren't anywhere near as entertaining.  This may include Vin Diesel starring in "Crazy Explosion Movie" and Stiffler from American Pie in "I've Got Ants in My Pants".

635404[/snapback]

YES!

So, they re-shot some of the stuff to add more violence and nudity to get an R rating.  And, they added a scene where Samuel Jackson says "I want these mother!@#$ing snakes off the mother!@#$ing plane!".

640171[/snapback]

:huh:

It's the movie equivalent of retatta: so stupid, it's genius.

• 2 weeks later...