How about Grady Jackson?

el Tigre

I believe he is a FA,as Pickett was signed to replace him. He's a solid run stuffer and would probably come alot cheaper than Pickett. Has anyone heard anything on him?

632226[/snapback]

You get what you pay for. Bennie Anderson, redux, IMO.

You get what you pay for.  Bennie Anderson, redux, IMO.

632231[/snapback]

I've kind of followed him since he was with the Raiders and always thought he was pretty good. I figure he was replaced in GB cuz of his age. Haven't heard about any major injuries and think he could have a few good years left.

You get what you pay for.  Bennie Anderson, redux, IMO.

632231[/snapback]

Not even close!

Grady Jackson has been an absolute force for Green Bay. He is the epitome of what we're looking for. He's a freaking wall. The reason he wasn't re-signed was because he demanded huge amounts of money.

At this point, he's the best option out there if you want a DT.

I believe he is a FA,as Pickett was signed to replace him. He's a solid run stuffer and would probably come alot cheaper than Pickett. Has anyone heard anything on him?

632226[/snapback]

Someone posted on here a few weeks ago that his agent says Jackson is looking for $5mil a year (not that he's going to get it).

Not even close!

Grady Jackson has been an absolute force for Green Bay. He is the epitome of what we're looking for. He's a freaking wall. The reason he wasn't re-signed was because he demanded huge amounts of money.

At this point, he's the best option out there if you want a DT.

632274[/snapback]

Huh. That's not what Packers fans appear to be saying. And the Pinkett signing isn't the greatest endorsement of Grady, either.

Huh.  That's not what Packers fans appear to be saying.  And the Pinkett signing isn't the greatest endorsement of Grady, either.

632282[/snapback]

Because GM's always know what's best. He wanted too much money. Reading that post, it sounds exactly like what we used to say about Pat Williams, big-mac references and all.. our GM didn't resign Pat, just like theirs is, and look where it got us.

Because GM's always know what's best. He wanted too much money. Reading that post, it sounds exactly like what we used to say about Pat Williams, big-mac references and all.. our GM didn't resign Pat, just like theirs is, and look where it got us.

632294[/snapback]

More message board chatter on Grady. If not Bennie Anderson, then the spittn' image of Sam Adams (and not in a good way, IMO).

More message board chatter on Grady.  If not Bennie Anderson, then the spittn' image of Sam Adams (and not in a good way, IMO).

632299[/snapback]

I can tell you he's not at all like Sam Adams. Grady will play the 2-gap and stuff the run. He can also rush the passer a bit. He's more similar to Ted Washington than he is to Adams. He's not worth what he's asking for,but I would bring him in and make an offer.

I can tell you he's not at all like Sam Adams. Grady will play the 2-gap and stuff the run. He can also rush the passer a bit. He's more similar to Ted Washington than he is to Adams. He's not worth what he's asking for,but I would bring him in and make an offer.

632471[/snapback]

He must have rehabilitated his image a bit in GB. I'd still prefer another DT, but beggers can't be....

Packers claim Grady Jackson

Troubled defensive tackle Grady Jackson was claimed Tuesday by the Green Bay Packers on waivers from New Orleans. Jackson, who has been unable to keep his weight down, had just completed a one-week suspension by the Saints.

He did not play Sunday against Tampa Bay because he did not report to the team hotel for a home game the previous week against the Carolina Panthers. Jackson did not play in that game because of an injury to the small finger of his left hand. He had surgery on the finger that week to reattach the ligament.

The 6-foot-2, 330-pound Jackson, a seven-year veteran, had 30 tackles and 3½ sacks in seven games before being placed on waivers Monday.