1. 1. B.Bunkley or H.Ngata?

• Bunkley
    • Ngata

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Bunkley if we're able to trade down a few slots but if we stay at 8 I want Ngata. To be honest I haven't seen much of either player but Bunkley moved up my "personal wish list" with his combine performance and all those tackles for a loss he had last year. The only chance I've had to watch Ngata was the OU game and he only got to play the first half due to a knee sprain. One half of football just isn't enough to evaluate anybody. Even still, if Ngata is as good as advertised he would be great pick up for this team.

Someone REALLY has to sell me on Bunkley, because I seriously never even heard of the guy until a month or so ago. I mean, I knew who he was...but never thought he'd creep into the first round, let alone top 10. But after a big Combine...BOOM...he's right up there.

I have the same sinking feeling that I had a few years back when I saw the Bills drooling over Erik Flowers.

Someone REALLY has to sell me on Bunkley, because I seriously never even heard of the guy until a month or so ago.  I mean, I knew who he was...but never thought he'd creep into the first round, let alone top 10.  But after a big Combine...BOOM...he's right up there.

I have the same sinking feeling that I had a few years back when I saw the Bills drooling over Erik Flowers.

631104[/snapback]

Bunkley was a terror down here at FSU. The guy was always in the backfield, always around the ball. The thing about it was that he was kinda quiet. All the others on our D got recognition, but bunkley was there, play in and play out. dropping the RB for a 3 yard loss isnt a game breaking play, but do it 3 times a game like Bunkley did, and it becomes a big factor. But DT isnt a flash position, so the media doesnt pick up on it.

Also, anyone else notice how Kiwi has fallen. Possible 2nd round pick for the Bills?

Neither - peddle the #8 for 2 second-round picks - high ones, coughed up by a few teams working their own deals, and a couple of 4th round throw-ins.

3 (TH trade)

I'm happy with that.

631111[/snapback]

You realize The Wall would explode if we traded out of the first round completely.

Someone REALLY has to sell me on Bunkley, because I seriously never even heard of the guy until a month or so ago.  I mean, I knew who he was...but never thought he'd creep into the first round, let alone top 10.  But after a big Combine...BOOM...he's right up there.

631104[/snapback]

Uh oh...I have to agree with you? Yeah, I'm not sold on Bunkley just yet either. big combine guys scare me when it comes to picking them high in the draft. Besides, I think Ngata will be better fit as a spacetaker next to Triplett.

The scheme will be one gap, so Ngata is almost surely OFF the Bills board.

631160[/snapback]

Regardless of scheme, I bet he's still very high on our board...maybe even number one.

Regardless of scheme, I bet he's still very high on our board...maybe even number one.

631164[/snapback]

Do you even understand the scheme?

Jason Allen in Round 3??

Yeah, and Matt Leinart is my pick in round 6....

Do you even understand the scheme?

Jason Allen in Round 3??

Yeah, and Matt Leinart is my pick in round 6....

631170[/snapback]

Actually a lot of places have Allen projected anywhere from early second round to early third..so it's not that big of a stretch. I guess since I'm the only one who thinks that we might pick Ngata at #8 I must be the only one who doesn't understand the cover 2 :). Sound good, I'll take Leinart in round 6.

I'm a "choad" for outing you as having no clue what a one-gap scheme is...

Great...

As for Allen, fantasize all you want, the kid is not getting anywhere near round 3 unless he gets arrested for sleeping with his grandfather. Indeed, with all of your make believe trades, it isn't hard to figure out what you are...

Because it's so hard to understand. You're right, typically in a 1 gap scheme smaller more athletic DTs are ideal to penetrate the "1 gap" that they are assigned to and get after the QB. Rather than a 2 gap scheme where a bigger DT is used to control 2 gaps and hold the point of attack at the line of scrimage. That being said, Ngata has the athletic ability to do both in my opinion and to say that Marv and Co. are NOT EVEN CONSIDERING him with the 8th overall pick is just fuggin stupid.

I'm a "choad" for outing you as having no clue what a one-gap scheme is...

Great...

As for Allen, fantasize all you want, the kid is not getting anywhere near round 3 unless he gets arrested for sleeping with his grandfather.  Indeed, with all of your make believe trades, it isn't hard to figure out what you are...

631201[/snapback]

This is a deep safety draft. Jason Allen in the 3rd isn't a strech in the least.

As far as this poll goes I voted Bunkley. We've gone the big dt route before and while It helps to have the mammoth type run stoper, One of our biggest problems on defense is pressure from the interior. We still need at least 2 more dt's though, so one of each would suffice.

Because it's so hard to understand.  You're right, typically in a 1 gap scheme smaller more athletic DTs are ideal to penetrate the "1 gap" that they are assigned to and get after the QB. Rather than a 2 gap scheme where a bigger DT is used to control 2 gaps and hold the point of attack at the line of scrimage.  That being said, Ngata has the athletic ability to do both in my opinion and to say that Marv and Co. are NOT EVEN CONSIDERING him with the 8th overall pick is  just fuggin stupid.

631210[/snapback]

"Your" "opinion" was copied off a Google link...

Ngata is strictly a two gap or a 3-4 NT.

i'd love for the bills to get bunkley but as already mentioned by one poster, not at #8. and since buffalo has yet to make any kind of noise in free agency, i wouldn't really mind them trading out of the #8 spot in order to get more picks. this team has alot of holes to fill and trading down to get say an extra 2nd rounder sounds really good right now. hopefully leinart,young,or cutler fall to #8 and the bills could get some suitors for that pick.

This is a deep safety draft. Jason Allen in the 3rd isn't a strech in the least.

As far as this poll goes  I voted Bunkley.  We've gone the big dt route before and while It helps to have the mammoth type run stoper,  One of our biggest problems on defense is pressure from the interior.  We still need at least 2 more dt's though, so one of each would suffice.

631211[/snapback]

"safety" Jason Allen?

LMFAO!!!

You obviously do not know the first thing about Jason Allen. I'll clue you in a bit. Jason Allen was switched to safety his junior year because the Vols lacked safeties and had two other ALL SEC corners. The 2005 Draft comes around, and Allen declares. He then tells Fulmer he will return ONLY IF the Vols play him at corner, because he is a much better corner than he is a safety, and he wants to play corner, not safety. "Your" "opinion" that Allen is a 3rd round safety prospect is simply proof you have no clue what you are talking about. Allen is a corner, and he will be a royal PITA if a team tries to force him to play S.

As far as this poll goes  I voted Bunkley.  We've gone the big dt route before and while It helps to have the mammoth type run stoper,  One of our biggest problems on defense is pressure from the interior.  We still need at least 2 more dt's though, so one of each would suffice.

631211[/snapback]

I agree totally, now that we've lost out on Pickett I want to draft two DTs in the first 4 rounds...maybe Wroten in round 3 (if he's there) or that kid from NC State (he seemed to have incredible quickness, just a little worried that he might have benefited heavily from playing next to Super Mario and Lawson).