Lets trade down w/ Minn

If Ngata,Davis,Huff,Williams are all gone. Childress wants a young QB to groom in his system. Minny picks at 17 I believe. Switch spots and get the second rounder from them also (They have an extra one now)...hell get both. If they want Cutler bad enough....we got 'em by the nads.

I'd swap the 8th pick for Minny's 17th and 48th pick, plus a pick next year. Reminds me of the way we landed Nate a few years ago:

Vikings | Childress does not rule out trading up in the NFL Draft

Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:59:12 -0800

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress did not rule out packaging several draft picks, they now own the 17th, 48th and 51st picks, to move up in the first round and select one of the draft's three premier quarterbacks: USC's Matt Leinart, Texas' Vince Young and Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler. "You look at all those eventualities and see if you feel like there is something," Childress said.

No but I'd love to steal LenDale White from underneath NE's nose.  :(

630232[/snapback]

I'd simply like to start stockpiling some talent. This team has too many holes to fill, and multiple first day picks would be a good way to start addressing this need.

I'd simply like to start stockpiling some talent.  This team has too many holes to fill, and multiple first day picks would be a good way to start addressing this need.

630237[/snapback]

What a way to motivate a seemingly lackluster effort by Willis. :doh:

Yes we have lots of holes to fill I agree. I was just presenting a scenario.

No but I'd love to steal LenDale White from underneath NE's nose.  :doh:

630232[/snapback]

I think we should just use the entire draft to sabotage New England. Trade up or down, as necessary, to get the pick right before them in every round, and draft to *their* needs. That'll show'em!

I think we should just use the entire draft to sabotage New England.  Trade up or down, as necessary, to get the pick right before them in every round, and draft to *their* needs.  That'll show'em!

630254[/snapback]

:doh: Hehehehe

If Ngata,Davis,Huff,Williams are all gone. Childress wants a young QB to groom in his system. Minny picks at 17 I believe. Switch spots and get the second rounder from them also (They have an extra one now)...hell get both. If they want Cutler bad enough....we got 'em by the nads.

630211[/snapback]

I like your train of thought, but not at that price.

The point of reference I like to use is the Clements trade. In 2001, the Bills moved from 14 to 21 (7 spots) and picked up a 2nd.

The #8 is a much more coveted pick, especially this year if one of the qbs drops to 8, and moving down 11 spots should be worth more.

If they threw in a 2nd in 06 and 07, I would probably pull the trigger, depending of course upon who is left at #8.

I like your train of thought, but not at that price.

The point of reference I like to use is the Clements trade. In 2001, the Bills moved from 14 to 21 (7 spots) and picked up a 2nd.

The #8 is a much more coveted pick, especially this year if one of the qbs drops to 8, and moving down 11 spots should be worth more.

If they threw in a 2nd in 06 and 07, I would probably pull the trigger, depending of course upon who is left at #8.

630265[/snapback]

Oh I fully agree with you I just put that out there to see what the thoughts on this are.

Very attractive option and there are some fine players sure to be available. I could see us getting a very good offensive lineman at 17. Bill Polian was on NFL station raving about depth at tight end in this draft which will last well into the third and perhaps fourth round. I could see us getting an OT, gaurd and DT and walkind out with a good safety (Allen?) and tight end (Pope?) in that scenario. I like Ngata at 8 but if he isn't available, your proposal sounds great to me...E-mail it to Minnesotta!!!

Very attractive option and there are some fine players sure to be available. I could see us getting a very good offensive lineman at 17.  Bill Polian was on NFL station raving about depth at tight end in this draft which will last well into the third and perhaps fourth round.  I could see us getting an OT, gaurd and DT and walkind out with a good safety (Allen?) and tight end (Pope?) in that scenario. I like Ngata at 8 but if he isn't available, your proposal sounds great to me...E-mail it to Minnesotta!!!

630275[/snapback]

If e are not going to spend a lot of money on FA's I think it's one hell of an option to fill needs.

now that's the best idea i have heard yet -- and based on the draft value chart, it is a perfect trade: Our #8 = 1400, vikings #17 (950) + #48 (420) are of equal value.

I would totally do that. We'd get 5 picks on the 1st day! How does this grab you:

17 - Bunckley, DT

42 - Latui, OG USC

48 - Joseph Addai, RB LSU

70 - Mcintosh, LB Miami

73 - Brodie Croyle, QB Alabama

Or, if we sign Pickett:

17 - Winston Justice, OT USC

42 - Ko Simspon, S USCarolina

48 - Joseph Addai, RB LSU (or OLine if u like)

70 - Mcintosh, LB Miami

73 - Brodie Croyle, QB Alabama

I am still taking a QB if we don't sign Mcown...if not on day 1, I want Reggie Mcneal or Drew Olson on Day 2

Or how about trade down with the Broncos?

Broncos | Team shopping two first-round picks

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:23:37 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are shopping their two first-round picks in the 2006 NFL Draft in exchange for early picks in the 2007 NFL Draft. The team does not have much cap space left after paying out several up-front signing bonuses.

Of course...that would mean giving up NEXT year's first and second rounders...but hey! Three first rounders!

:doh:

Or how about trade down with the Broncos?

Broncos | Team shopping two first-round picks

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:23:37 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are shopping their two first-round picks in the 2006 NFL Draft in exchange for early picks in the 2007 NFL Draft. The team does not have much cap space left after paying out several up-front signing bonuses.

Of course...that would mean giving up NEXT year's first and second rounders...but hey!  Three first rounders!

:doh:

630421[/snapback]

Now you're talking. 2 first rounders for our one.