Is it possible... just possible

Briere is playing VERY well.  Of course, Brent Johnson is not a very confident goalie so I'm pleased he's in the net.

629906[/snapback]

You're in Alaska and get to watch the game. I live a 30 second drive from the home arean (I know, it's an away game), and you're watching it, and I have to listen online. I still can't figure out why a handful of games are on OLN.

You're in Alaska and get to watch the game. I live a 30 second drive from the home arean (I know, it's an away game), and you're watching it, and I have to listen online. I still can't figure out why a handful of games are on OLN.

629909[/snapback]

I have Direct TV. It's been great compared to cable.

have ENOUGH Cowbell???

Never thought it would happen, but I think a Buffalo Sports Team finally has plenty of Cowbell!

GO SABRES!

629694[/snapback]

Yeah that cowbell thing works well. Why don't you guys take your cowbell and the results and shove 'em? :(

4-3 Caps

The Sabres look REALLY bad tonight. Think about it, here it is...their shot, their chance...all they have to do is beat the lowly Caps to keep up with the Sens.

And they're down 4 to friggin 3 going into the third against one of the worst teams in the NHL.

Something is seriously wrong with Miller, the guy seems to have lost his magic. This is what kills me...if they lose to teams like the Sens, the Canes, the Rangers...fine...those are good teams, no problems there.

But losing to the Caps, Thrashers and Montreal? Thats why the Sabres dont get any respect, they tend to lose the games they are supposed to win.

This kind of reminds me of the Philly game a few days ago...clearly, Miller is having issues. I can only hope that Ruff decides to bench him in the third and let Biron finish the game out...otherwise, the way Miller has played lately, he might let in 2 or 3 more goals.

Miller was good tonight when he needed to be - in the third period. Everyone here is correct, he is struggling tracking the puck and his positioning is at times woeful (it really shows up on the breaks, which are normally his strength but lately have me eating my lip like a Mad Max scavenger). I'm also seeing some serious defensive positioning mistakes. On top of that, the defensemen are struggling finding the flow. They're jumping in too early or too late, getting caught flat or bailing to soon.

I think much of that has to do with changing the pairings and Lydman/Teppo feeling the effects of the Olympics. The nice thing is we have time to work it out. Kalinin looked more comfortable tonight, even smacking Ovechkin to the ice on a one-on-one play.

As far as Washington goes, they did beat NJ last week and even though they are young and inexperienced from the few times I've seen them they do play hard every shift, every night. When that happens you're bound to make a few plays some nights and tonight they did.

We are also playing our third game in four nights, so a third period comeback is pretty nice...

following on cbssportsline.... Ottawa scored with 6 seconds left? :(

630020[/snapback]

Tampa just can't make simple plays this season and once again it bit them. Torts was HOT at the end of the game and I don't blame him. His team deserved a better fate from what I saw.

Miller was good tonight when he needed to be - in the third period.  Everyone here is correct, he is struggling tracking the puck and his positioning is at times woeful (it really shows up on the breaks, which are normally his strength but lately have me eating my lip like a Mad Max scavenger).  I'm also seeing some serious defensive positioning mistakes.  On top of that, the defensemen are struggling finding the flow.  They're jumping in too early or too late, getting caught flat or bailing to soon.

Three of the four goals happened in front of me. On at least two of them, the defensemen made errors that resulted in the goal (that first goal, by Clymer, was an egregiously bad defensive play. I was jumping out of my seat yelling at whatever bozo - Campbell, I think - left Clymer wide open to cover an already covered Ovechkin well before the goal...without cutting off the obvious pass, either. !@#$ing stupid.) Miller wasn't great...but he wasn't nearly as bad as he looked, and after the first period he was good when he had to be.

As far as Washington goes, they did beat NJ last week and even though they are young and inexperienced from the few times I've seen them they do play hard every shift, every night.  When that happens you're bound to make a few plays some nights and tonight they did.

629989[/snapback]

They have a pretty decent core to build a team around. Give them two years and, provided they find a suitable replacement for Kolzig, they can be competitive again. They're nowhere near as bad a team as their record, though. And Ovechkin is something else...he's like a cross between Gretzky and a truck.

And as for the Sabres, I have only one other thing to say: any team that gives up two goals in six seconds to go down 3-1 at the end of the first period, then outscores their opponent 5-1 through the last two periods to win, is a very good team. An average team folds in that situation. The Sabres played with the same sense of "Of course we'll win this" panache that the Bills had in the early 90's.

Three of the four goals happened in front of me.  On at least two of them, the defensemen made errors that resulted in the goal (that first goal, by Clymer, was an egregiously bad defensive play.  I was jumping out of my seat yelling at whatever bozo - Campbell, I think - left Clymer wide open to cover an already covered Ovechkin well before the goal...without cutting off the obvious pass, either.  !@#$ing stupid.)  Miller wasn't great...but he wasn't nearly as bad as he looked, and after the first period he was good when he had to be.

They have a pretty decent core to build a team around.  Give them two years and, provided they find a suitable replacement for Kolzig, they can be competitive again.  They're nowhere near as bad a team as their record, though.  And Ovechkin is something else...he's like a cross between Gretzky and a truck. 

And as for the Sabres, I have only one other thing to say: any team that gives up two goals in six seconds to go down 3-1 at the end of the first period, then outscores their opponent 5-1 through the last two periods to win, is a very good team.  An average team folds in that situation.  The Sabres played with the same sense of "Of course we'll win this" panache that the Bills had in the early 90's.

630129[/snapback]

You said panache.