Culpepper a Doplhin

bprulz

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is an upgrade, but I'd rather have him in the division than Brees.

628857[/snapback]

I'd much rather have brees and his surgically re-paired shoulder then Culpepper playing for Miami. Culpepper has had one down season, playing without a running game, or randy moss. With the Likes of Ronnie Brown, Randy McMicael, Chris Chambers possibly ricky williams, and his ability to beat you with his arm and legs It could turn out to be a nightmare for us. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's a great quaterback, and eons better then the schmoes we have.

Woohoo!!!!

YES! Finally!! A real QB!! Oh I'm so excited!

Now, to be fair, I'm concerned about his knee, but his arm is already an upgrade over Feely/Frerotte.

I'm already looking for season ticket/sex cruise combo deals!

he played the best ball of his career during the 6 game stretch in 2004 when moss was out with a hamstring injury.

628858[/snapback]

He did? I thought his numbers plummeted when Moss went out. I remember looking up those numbers when Moss left to prove the point that Culpepper needed him around. I don't remember the exact numbers, but they dropped.

I'd much rather have brees and his surgically re-paired shoulder then Culpepper playing for Miami. Culpepper has had one down season, playing without a running game, or randy moss.  With the Likes of Ronnie Brown, Randy McMicael, Chris Chambers possibly ricky williams,  and his ability to beat you with his arm and legs  It could turn out to be a nightmare for us.  Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's a great quaterback, and eons better then the schmoes we have.

628870[/snapback]

I'm a lot more skeptical of his knee than I am of Bree's shoulder (had the same surgery as Brees a week ago today). A 260lb Qb who blew out every ligament in his knee might not have the same scrambling ability as before. This does make them significantly better though.

I'd much rather have brees and his surgically re-paired shoulder then Culpepper playing for Miami. Culpepper has had one down season, playing without a running game, or randy moss.  With the Likes of Ronnie Brown, Randy McMicael, Chris Chambers possibly ricky williams,  and his ability to beat you with his arm and legs  It could turn out to be a nightmare for us.  Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's a great quaterback, and eons better then the schmoes we have.

628870[/snapback]

is Dante even going to be ready to play by the start of the season?

3 ligaments is a lot to come back from

Seeing Culpepper twice a year is going to be something difficult for the Bills and fans to get used to. When was the last time the Bills faced a multi-dimensional QB on a regular basis?

628905[/snapback]

Thats the thing...how multi-dimensional do you think he's going to be with that knee? It's even harder on a bigger guy, which at 260lbs describes Culpepper. I would still like to see ol' Gus F. over this guy twice a year.

He did?  I thought his numbers plummeted when Moss went out.  I remember looking up those numbers when Moss left to prove the point that Culpepper needed him around.  I don't remember the exact numbers, but they dropped.

628879[/snapback]

http://www.jt-sw.com/football/pro/results.nsf/Teams/2004-min

moss missed games 7 thru 11, and was playing pretty much with one leg in weeks 12 & 13. In the five games he was completely out, culpepper had a very high completion pct. (68.4%), threw 9 tds (a 29 td/season rate, more than any bills qb has thrown since 1991), and was intercepted 3 times.

moss missed games 7 thru 11, and was playing pretty much with one leg in weeks 12 & 13.  In the five games he was completely out, culpepper had a very high completion pct. (68.4%), threw 9 tds (a 29 td/season rate, more than any bills qb has thrown since 1991), and was intercepted 3 times.

628930[/snapback]

What about the games last year without Moss, he was pretty crappy. He's got Chambers though so they should be pretty dangerous. Hopefully Nate gets his sh*t together this year when he's lining up against Chris Chambers.

i don't think he wants to play in New Orleans.  It could mean he ends up back in San Diego, or with the Jets.  I hadn't heard that the Jets completed a deal for Patrick Ramsey yet have they?

628852[/snapback]

Except for the fact that they already signed Brees earlier today.

Hey, not to worry! We signed Royal!

:P

628865[/snapback]

Oh no, we didn't get Culpepper, wutever will we do!

We are doomed.

Except for the fact that they already signed Brees earlier today.

Oh no, we didn't get Culpepper, wutever will we do!

We are doomed.

628944[/snapback]

I could give less of a f*ck about culpepper. We didn't get Hutch, bentley, Shaffer, mawae or anybody else worthwhile for the OL. That's what I can't stand.

I could give less of a f*ck about culpepper. We didn't get Hutch, bentley, Shaffer, mawae or anybody else worthwhile for the OL. That's what I can't stand.

628947[/snapback]

i have to admit, i'm pretty surprised that the bills aren't appearing to make an effort to sign good offensive linemen. the bills could use an upgrade at literally every position on the line. and the one guy who seems to have promise, peters, is probably playing the wrong position.

i have to admit, i'm pretty surprised that the bills aren't appearing to make an effort to sign good offensive linemen. the bills could use an upgrade at literally every position on the line. and the one guy who seems to have promise, peters, is probably playing the wrong position.

628964[/snapback]

I'm not. This is the Modus Operandi. OL free agents with talent aren't en vogue in Buffalo.

moss missed games 7 thru 11, and was playing pretty much with one leg in weeks 12 & 13.  In the five games he was completely out, culpepper had a very high completion pct. (68.4%), threw 9 tds (a 29 td/season rate, more than any bills qb has thrown since 1991), and was intercepted 3 times.

628930[/snapback]

He had one big game against GB in week 10. Other than that his numbers without Moss really don't scare me.

Week 1: 5 TD / 242 / 0

Week 2: 1 TD / 245 / 0

Week 3: 3 TD / 360 / 0 int

Week 4: Bye

Week 5: 4 TD / 396 / 0

Week 6: 5 TD / 425 / 2

injury

Week 7: 1 TD / 183 / 0

Week 8: 1 TD / 231 / 2

Week 9: 1 TD / 169 / 0

Week 10: 4 TD / 363 / 0

Week 11: 2TD / 233 / 1

One slow week prior to injury (vs Philly), one good week post injury. I'm not saying of for a second I don't think Culpepper is a dangerous QB to have in the division, but I just don't consider him a great QB. He is managable without a freak WR (here's hoping TO doesn't go there) and is coming off an injury that will force him into using his arm more.

He had one big game against GB in week 10.  Other than that his numbers without Moss really don't scare me.

Week 1: 5 TD / 242 / 0

Week 2: 1 TD / 245 / 0

Week 3: 3 TD / 360 / 0 int

Week 4: Bye

Week 5: 4 TD / 396 / 0

Week 6: 5 TD / 425 / 2

injury

Week 7: 1 TD / 183 / 0

Week 8: 1 TD / 231 / 2

Week 9: 1 TD / 169 / 0

Week 10: 4 TD / 363 / 0

Week 11: 2TD / 233 / 1

One slow week prior to injury (vs Philly), one good week post injury.  I'm not saying of for a second I don't think Culpepper is a dangerous QB to have in the division, but I just don't consider him a great QB.  He is managable without a freak WR (here's hoping TO doesn't go there) and is coming off an injury that will force him into using his arm more.

629000[/snapback]

the problem is that i think chambers is pretty close to being a freak, and a guy who is now on a par with, say, owens.