Finally, Ryan Pickett is in Buffalo today....

Loooooooook, here's something nice and shiny to play with...Ooooooooo

*signs Wells when Bidwill is distracted*

628607[/snapback]

:(:w00t:

We can have Ralph Wilson talk with Mr. Bidwell, while the Bills sign Reggie Wells. All you gotta do is get Ralph going. Have him tell one of his stories about the old days. That will either put Bidwell to sleep or at least take a week of his time. :(

Wells profile from Scouts, Inc:

Comment:

He has outstanding overall size and bulk and good speed and movement for a big man. He shows decent short area pass protection and comes off the ball with pretty good explosiveness and quickness. You like his movement skills when he is attacking the defense in both the run game and the passing game and his versatility at OG and OT make him an interesting player. All of his problems start to show up when he is asked to move laterally and become an east-west type player. As good as his speed is, it appears to be straight line, and when you ask him to slide and adjust, he is not the same player. His ability to sustain blocks and keep his feet moving is suspect at times, and you don't always see great balance. He doesn't adjust to a moving target very well, and despite his speed, he is not a great space player. He needs to become a better lateral player, and his east and west movement needs to become as comfortable as his north and south movements. When that happens, this is a young guy who could develop into a pretty solid football player, and there is every reason to think that his progress will continue

Rated a 68 on their scale...to give some reference on that -- Bennie Anderson is a 72; Villarrial a 76; Stephen Neal a 67.... The person rating Bennie last year must have seen the first Jets game that I saw live--Bennie looked like a player...

He is 6-4 and 320 lbs. He'll maul all day long. He is what the Bills are looking for in interior linemen.

628594[/snapback]

Deja vu? - I heard the same things about Bennie Anderson. Yikes! Plus they have to give up a 6th rounder to sign him.

If the Bills are picking up Arizona castoffs I am a little worried. AZ couldn't run the ball.

Honestly, I don't know if he can play. Let's hope so.

Deja vu? - I heard the same things about Bennie Anderson. Yikes! Plus they have to give up a 6th rounder to sign him.

If the Bills are picking up Arizona castoffs I am a little worried. AZ couldn't run the ball.

Honestly, I don't know if he can play. Let's hope so.

628876[/snapback]

They had probs on their line too but a big reason they couldn't run the ball is they didn't have a running back. Aarington looked like crap everytime I say him last year.

We don't need to worry...Royal is the answer! Ddin't you know he can play Center, Guard, Tackle as well as DT?!?!

:P

628886[/snapback]

I don't think you'll have to worry about winning the most optimistic fan of the year award

It was a nice indictment when Belichick said there was no reason to worry about buffalos horsecrap offensive line in that book....when a headcoach in your own division puts that on the line then I think its time to look at some big guys in the trenches

It was a nice indictment when Belichick said there was no reason to worry about buffalos horsecrap offensive line in that book....when a headcoach in your own division puts that on the line then I think its time to look at some big guys in the trenches

628936[/snapback]

You'd think the geniuses at OBD would have picked up on the gaping hole that is our OL over the past 10 years. So much for the thinking that they're somehow more knowledgeable than the fans.

Unfortunatly it isn't the "sexy" thing to do bringing in big horses to play in the trenches. It doesn't sell tickets or merchandise. Of course it's the most important thing in football, but I get the feeling a lot of these front offices would rather have the great qb, lb, rb, etc etc, then the bodies in the trenches to do a silly thing like actually win football games. It's been far too long since we've had a competant line, and so far I dont see that changing. It's early in free agency, and we have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds, so I wont get all bent out of shape at least until after the draft.

You'd think the geniuses at OBD would have picked up on the gaping hole that is our OL over the past 10 years. So much for the thinking that they're somehow more knowledgeable than the fans.

628952[/snapback]

I liked the Tripplett and Davis signings but I agree with you about Royal. I don't get why we haven't addressed the line either...starting to really piss me off as free agents like Mawae sign with other teams. We got to bring in Neal or Runyon IMHO.