Hollis Thomas as the wide body DT?

Lurker

Eagles | Once again confirm Thomas is on the trading block

Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:28:08 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports a league source confirmed Monday, March 13, that the Philadelphia Eagles are listening to offers for DT Hollis Thomas, but it's not a certainty that the team will trade him. The Eagles are trying to find out if any team looking for a run-stopping defensive tackle will make a worthwhile offer. Thomas is heading into the final year of his contract.

A "rental" for a 7th round pick, perhaps?

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports a league source confirmed Monday, March 13, that the Philadelphia Eagles are listening to offers for DT Hollis Thomas, but it's not a certainty that the team will trade him. The Eagles are trying to find out if any team looking for a run-stopping defensive tackle will make a worthwhile offer. Thomas is heading into the final year of his contract.

628046[/snapback]

the eagles never give up on someone if they have anything left in the tank. i can't think of any eagles who have been forced out who have played well for other teams (and you can't include trotter because he played poorly for the skins). it's a case of buyer beware, i think ...

628046[/snapback]

Hollis Thomas isnt that good anymore, he's injury prone and he's overweight, much heavier then he used to be and it showed last year.

Hollis Thomas is not the answer.  The guy is fat and slow and takes plenty of plays off.  He's a less talented Sam Adams with the same amount of effort.

628073[/snapback]

i agree, hes nothing special, thats why the eagles have been looking for DT's the past few year, but hey for a 6th or 7th rounder i woud do it.