How should we in Cleveland...

I know many here refer to him as "Fat Ted". And he is a big guy.

Is he a good team player? Or is he one of those who the fans will turn on? To be honest, I don't remember what happened with him in Buffalo. Was he purged for salary cap reasons?

With the Bentley/Jurevicius et al. signings, the Browns seem determined to score big in free agency this winter. Savage and Crennel are obviously striking when the iron is hot, and they were nearly 40 million under the new cap. I also heard a report they were going to try for Arrington and McGuinest (sp?), but that seems to have petered out.

Thoughts on Ted?

Mike

I know many here refer to him as "Fat Ted".  And he is a big guy.

Is he a good team player?  Or is he one of those who the fans will turn on?  To be honest, I don't remember what happened with him in Buffalo.  Was he purged for salary cap reasons?

With the Bentley/Jurevicius et al. signings, the Browns seem determined to score big in free agency this winter.  Savage and Crennel are obviously striking when the iron is hot, and they were nearly 40 million under the new cap.  I also heard a report they were going to try for Arrington and McGuinest (sp?), but that seems to have petered out.

Thoughts on Ted?

Mike

626280[/snapback]

Your Browns are doing a GREAT job in FA so far. They're paying top dollar...but, they're getting the guys they want. Well done.

IMO, Ted assures that opponents will not be running up your gut. TW will occupy a couple of guys and the O will have to "go around" him. Despite his age, he has started every game for the past two years...so, baring injury, he should be a huge inside presence for a couple of years. BTW, don't expect penetration (no sex comments, ya pervs) from him...just plugging the gap.

Your Browns are doing a GREAT job in FA so far.  They're paying top dollar...but, they're getting the guys they want.  Well done.

IMO, Ted assures that opponents will not be running up your gut.  TW will occupy a couple of guys and the O will have to "go around" him.  Despite his age, he has started every game for the past two years...so, baring injury, he should be a huge inside presence for a couple of years.  BTW, don't expect penetration (no sex comments, ya pervs) from him...just plugging the gap.

626284[/snapback]

I agree that Ted hasn't dropped off much in recent years, however one has to feel that he is eventually going to hit the wall, either with injuries or ineffectiveness. He can't keep that much weight on his body and keep playing at a high level for much more time. The guy is 37 years old as it is.

I agree that Ted hasn't dropped off much in recent years, however one has to feel that he is eventually going to hit the wall, either with injuries or ineffectiveness.  He can't keep that much weight on his body and keep playing at a high level for much more time.  The guy is 37 years old as it is.

626341[/snapback]

No doubt. Til that happens, he'll be good for them. They MAY get a couple of years...maybe one...maybe less.

Is he a good team player?  Or is he one of those who the fans will turn on?  To be honest, I don't remember what happened with him in Buffalo.  Was he purged for salary cap reasons?

With the Bentley/Jurevicius et al. signings, the Browns seem determined to score big in free agency this winter.  Savage and Crennel are obviously striking when the iron is hot, and they were nearly 40 million under the new cap.  I also heard a report they were going to try for Arrington and McGuinest (sp?), but that seems to have petered out.

Thoughts on Ted?

Mike

626280[/snapback]

still a solid run stuffer. Probably the best run stuffer of all time. He will be good for a year or two.

Thoughts on Ted?

Mike

626280[/snapback]

I wish were playing the Browns twice a year.