My mock 3.0

Buffalo trades #8 to St. Louis for #11 overall pick and #46.

1. Broderick Bunkley DT-FSU

2a. Davin Joseph- G OU

2b. Claude Wroten DT-LSU

3a. Jason Allen S-Tenn

3b. Andrew Whitworth T-LSU

4. Pat Watkins S-FSU

5. Charles Gordon CB-Kansas

6. Brad Smith QB/WR-Missouri

7. David Thomas TE-Texas

If we could pull off a trade with a team like St. Louis and pick up a second rounder and still get Bunkley, I would do it in a heartbeat. What do you think?

Well considering their losing both starting DTs my assumption is Ngata but their is also quite a buzz around here about Huff and Davis. There is a good chance that all could be gone by eleven but also a good chance one might fall and they could easily stay put and land whoever is left. However lets say they really target ONE of the three and feel he won't be their at 11 and decide to jump the gun and slide up to 8 and grap their target. Early on the big Buzz around here was Ngata, but after realizing he probably wouldn't be there at eleven there has been a lot of talk about Huff, who could also easily be gone at eleven.

By the way Malta, I see you updated your own mock. I have pondered many a draft with Mangold falling to us in the 2nd, however I just don't think he'll be there anymore. He had an incredible senior bowl followed by a combine that had coaches and scouts calling him "the best center prospect in the last 15 years". If he's there in the second, I would take him in a heartbeat over Joseph.

1.  Broderick Bunkley DT-FSU

2a. Davin Joseph- G OU

2b. Claude Wroten DT-LSU

3a. Jason Allen S-Tenn

4.  Pat Watkins S-FSU

5.  Charles Gordon CB-Kansas

6.  Brad Smith QB/WR-Missouri

7.  David Thomas TE-Texas

If we could pull off a trade with a team like St. Louis and pick up a second rounder and still get Bunkley, I would do it in a heartbeat.  What do you think?

623155[/snapback]

Sounds good, but is Wroten the guy who was accused of heavy drug charges?

Your draft was a good one on several levels. You've worked on the DT situation with 2 Top 100 picks. You've picked up Jason Allen, pulling in a Syracuse player and giving Rashad Baker someone who can run faster than Milloy (and not afraid to hit). You've added the obligatory OG (possibly the best one in the bottom 5 rounds), and have taken Whitworth for the O-Line. I like Brad Smith fulfilling a Slash role, and Charels Gordon's a decent nickel man. Solid.

Your draft was a good one on several levels. You've worked on the DT situation with 2 Top 100 picks. You've picked up Jason Allen, pulling in a Syracuse player and giving Rashad Baker someone who can run faster than Milloy (and not afraid to hit). You've added the obligatory OG (possibly the best one in the bottom 5 rounds), and have taken Whitworth for the O-Line. I like Brad Smith fulfilling a Slash role, and Charels Gordon's a decent nickel man. Solid.

623235[/snapback]

Do you know if Wroten was arrested for drugs?

Sounds good...but who would St. Louis be trading up for?  Definitely not any of the QBs or RBs who might slip.

623167[/snapback]

Mel Kiper said that the Rams are very interested in Vernon Davis, hoping that he falls to 11, which he probably won't.

Oakland probably grabs Ngata if they pick up Culpepper. Wroten was the best player on the field in the Sugar Bowl. I love the pick but I do believe he recently was arrested for something and Marv wants character guys.

623233[/snapback]

I think they'll go after Vernon Davis if they get DP.

Wroten was pulled over for speeding and was found with some marijuanna. I'm not making any excuse for it just being pot (we've all seen it too can be kind of destructive at times, ala Ricky Williams) but the kid does have first round talent and after watching tape of him I would love to have him in the second. Him and Bunkley fit the mold of DT this coaching staff are looking for and IMHO would make a great tandem for years to come.

I agree with the drafting of Wroten and the trade down. However, I don't agree with making two Rookies our starting DT's (and essentially, that's what you'd be doing drafting them that high).

We will be signing a veteran DT in FA (Dear god, it's me Alan. Please bring Rocky Bernard to Buffalo. I'll be good, I promise). There are tons of holes on this team and you can get a starting calibur player in the 2nd round for another position. Plus, I think Bunkley at 11 is way too high. He'll most likely go in the 20's.

Here's what i'd do to change your mock:

1.) Winston Justice, OT USC

2a.) Marcedes Lewis, TE UCLA

2b.) Claude Wroten, DT LSU

With Justice, you can move Peters over to LT and Gandy over to LG (which he has more experience at). Justice would be a more fitting pick at 11 than Bunkley. Your line would look like this:

Jason Peters

Mike Gandy

Kevin Mawae (I think we'll sign him)

Chris Villarial

Winston Justice

Marcedes Lewis would jump in and be a legitimate starting TE. He's been unfairly overshadowed by such a DEEP TE class. Grab the veteran DT (which will happen) and pair him with Wroten. Anderson and Sape will be the backups.

Actually this was just my draft and didn't address free agency, I still had hopes of signing the following..Mawae, Runyan, and Bernard. While we have the money now, landing all three would be hard but that would be pretty sweet. Both lines would then look like this (cutting Bennie Anderson's Fat ass of course)....

LT-Peters,Gandy

LG-Joseph, Preston

C-Mawae,Preston

RG-Vili,Preston

RT-Runyan,Whitworth

LE-Kelsay

DT-Bernard,Wroten

DT-Bunkley,Anderson

RE-Schobel

Somebody said a couple of days ago that the charges were dropped.

623291[/snapback]

Oh, that makes it OK.

Almost everybody I know has been accused of dealing with large amounts of drugs, and they are always innocent. Usually, the police just make this stuff up for no reason, or to harass people because they have nothing better to do. :doh::lol:

Oh, that makes it OK.

Almost everybody I know has been accused of dealing with large amounts of drugs, and they are always innocent. Usually, the police just make this stuff up for no reason, or to harass people because they have nothing better to do.  :doh:  :lol:

623869[/snapback]

No but in hindsight it does make a difference sometimes. If the charges were dropped, they were probably dropped for a reason. For instance, the Marcus Vick McDonalds/Gun incident turned about to be a bunch of BS, it turned out he never had a gun; rather a cell phone. Although he's done enough to permantley damage his reputation; that was the final straw and really tarnished his image more than anything. All I'm saying is if you weren't there its hard to know exactly what happened so you have to go by what the courts say. None the less it does set off a Red Flag for NFL GMs, probably for good reason. Bottom line guilty or inncent its dumb to put yourself in situations where this stuff can happen to you--in the end its going to cost you your reputation and some serious $$$$$$$$$$$.

1.  Broderick Bunkley DT-FSU

2a. Davin Joseph- G OU

2b. Claude Wroten DT-LSU

3a. Jason Allen S-Tenn

4.  Pat Watkins S-FSU

5.  Charles Gordon CB-Kansas

6.  Brad Smith QB/WR-Missouri

7.  David Thomas TE-Texas

If we could pull off a trade with a team like St. Louis and pick up a second rounder and still get Bunkley, I would do it in a heartbeat.  What do you think?

623155[/snapback]

1. Broderick Bunkley DT-FSU - I like this pick

2a. Davin Joseph- G OU - Good pick

2b. Claude Wroten DT-LSU - Bad pick, he would like to play with Ricky

3a. Jason Allen S-Tenn- good pick

3b. Andrew Whitworth T-LSU - good pick

4. Pat Watkins S-FSU - good pick

5. Charles Gordon CB-Kansas - good pick

6. Brad Smith QB/WR-Missouri bad pick, too many good WR to pick him.

7. David Thomas TE-Texas- ok i guess

I would like to see the bills trade down not to far and get some more picks.

1.  Broderick Bunkley DT-FSU - I like this pick

2a. Davin Joseph- G OU - Good pick

2b. Claude Wroten DT-LSU - Bad pick, he would like to play with Ricky

3a. Jason Allen S-Tenn- good pick

3b. Andrew Whitworth T-LSU - good pick

4.  Pat Watkins S-FSU - good pick

5.  Charles Gordon CB-Kansas - good pick

6.  Brad Smith QB/WR-Missouri bad pick, too many good WR to pick him.

7.  David Thomas TE-Texas- ok i guess

624041[/snapback]

Too many good WRs to take Brad Smith in the sixth? This is one of the weakest drafts in some time for WRs and IMHO you won't find one in the sixth, unless its an unknown like a Brad Smith, that will ever develop into a starting WR in this league.

I would like to see the bills trade down not to far and get some more picks.

Thats exactly what I did in this mock :lol: