Sabres Trade Mika

TSNBDSC

Good trade for Montreal. Quite a gamble for Colorado.

If I am Gainey I am happy to unload Theo at this point and

get a reliable #2.

622731[/snapback]

i feel the same way, yet i spoke to a few hockey fans and they all told me montreal got robbed in the deal. I think otherwise, Theo is a waste of space. A guy who had one great year and playoff run and is living off that. Not to mention living off the broken knee caps of many MOntrealers :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel the same way, yet i spoke to a few hockey fans and they all told me montreal got robbed in the deal.  I think otherwise, Theo is a waste of space.  A guy who had one great year and playoff run and is living off that.  Not to mention living off the broken knee caps of many MOntrealers  :rolleyes:

622763[/snapback]

Drink from the fountain of knowledge that is the Hockey Sherpa...

i feel the same way, yet i spoke to a few hockey fans and they all told me montreal got robbed in the deal.  I think otherwise, Theo is a waste of space.  A guy who had one great year and playoff run and is living off that.  Not to mention living off the broken knee caps of many MOntrealers  :rolleyes:

622763[/snapback]

How do you get robbed when you trade a $5.333MM BACKUP goalie for a $1.9MM backup goalie straight up?

Even if Theodore regains his form in a season or 2, and I really doubt it would ever happen in Montreal (far too many distractions for him there), that is a lot of money to be tied up waiting for it to happen.

How do you get robbed when you trade a $5.333MM BACKUP goalie for a $1.9MM backup goalie straight up?

Even if Theodore regains his form in a season or 2, and I really doubt it would ever happen in Montreal (far too many distractions for him there), that is a lot of money to be tied up waiting for it to happen.

623069[/snapback]

that is what i'm saying, but the media is going nuts. a lot of people are upset because Lacroix was offering much more at the beginning of the season, but I can't blame Gainey for what he did. But the extra cap money better be used for something.

In three years, this front office has taken the Sabres from a team on the brink of extinction to a profitable organization. How can this front office possibly be considered a joke? I hate the complete ignorance of most sports fans.

In three years, this front office has taken the Sabres from a team on the brink of extinction to a profitable organization.  How can this front office possibly be considered a joke?  I hate the complete ignorance of most sports fans.

623346[/snapback]

The majority of Sabres fans are probably Bills fans as well. People who think the front office is indeed a joke have no fuggin clue what they are talking about. I'm sure some of the Sabres fans that are now coming out of the wood work are full time Bills fans and Sabres fans when it's conveinient. Hence a trade wasn't made yesterday because Darcy did'nt like what he was offered.... Good. If people listened to Roy talk after the game he stated that Darcy and Lindy said they wanted to keep the team completely together and that they thought they could go far with hard work. Which is why they are so good, blue collar hard work and a great coach. Kudos to the whole Sabres organization from the top to the bottom.