Don't expect to hear anything about Moulds

Rubes

The Bills really aren't going to comment about Moulds anymore at this point, since they are well under the cap and can afford to keep him. Whether they do or not, we'll have to wait to find out. But I'm not holding my breath.

My guess is that we'll have to see what happens in free agency. We have a lot of holes to fill and there are some pretty good names out there to fill them. But as has been said here before, now almost everybody has money to spend and we could see some interesting bidding wars.

I think it will come down to how many of those free agents we want and think we can get. We're probably looking seriously at DT, OT, WR, and S to bring in, and while it's unlikely that we nab one of each, we may have a chance to bring in two or three. If we can bring in a couple of the bigger names, and they're ready to sign, we may see Moulds jettisoned at that time to ensure the space for it. As far as I can tell, there's no real penalty for releasing him later, unless I'm wrong.

If we end up keeping Moulds, my guess is that it will be for one of two reasons: we pick up some decent, but not top-tier, free agents for a reasonable price, or we just aren't able to attract enough and we have money left over.

Does the extension allow for the June 1st cutting deal they had in the past?

The Bills have a decent amount of money for FA this year without cutting moulds or demanding he take a paycut. You may not see him get cut or take a paycut and they may just keep him because of the lack of a quality replacement. This way they can draft another WR in the draft and prepare for releasing him next year when his cap hit will be significantly less

If Moulds and his agent were smart they negotiated a somewhat substantial roster bonus for Moulds which kicks in now, before the draft, or before June 1 to force the Bills to decide whether to keep or cut him so that he enters the marketplace before other potential suitors nail down deals.

While we do have good public information on the amounts of contracts as theNFL/NFLPA publich info to keep track of their "partners" we often do not kno the exact dates of those payments. For example a roster bonus for Ruben Brown neither we nor the press knew about led to him being cut sooner than we expected.

If we can keep Moulds as long as we can before cutting him it makes the most sense for us. In addition, though he rejected two cut proposals, things are different now with the CBA in place and if the market or other factors make both sides want to negotiate a cut it can happen though i doubt it will.

The Bills really aren't going to comment about Moulds anymore at this point, since they are well under the cap and can afford to keep him. Whether they do or not, we'll have to wait to find out. But I'm not holding my breath.

622267[/snapback]

I heard one of the NFL guys on FOX (Glazer), say that the Broncos were very keen on signing Terrell Owens a few weeks ago, but now are kind of sitting back and waiting, to see what "happens with guys like Eric Moulds"!