Just how much cap space do we have now???

The cap should go up $10 million. The not-likely incentives(around 1 to 2 million dollars for Buffalo) in players' contracts will not count against this years cap and when we finally sign Clements his cap # should go down as well. The Bills started the day roughly $9 million under the cap. We should have about $20 million to spend. Let's go shopping!!!!

Clump's post pinned above:

I now have the Bills $8,604,819 under an "adjusted" salary cap of 94,289,911 million with $8,622,892 "dead cap"

617910[/snapback]

Since the cap went up to $102M, the Bills cap space went from $8.6M to $16.3M.

hold off on signing Clements to a long term deal, unless it saves money on the current Cap. There is no guarentee that he'll rebound from last year, and at the moment we are not an attractive date, why would he want to continue with a team that has the 8th pick, unless it's for money. Load up on quality players, draft smart, have a winning team and you'll see that Clements will want to play here. Also with all the dead money, that will be opened in the next year it might be the best move.

Signing Clements to a long term deal will also give us more cap room (as long as he signs for less per year then the one year contract that came with the franchise tag, and his bonus split over the years of the contract is not that high)

All the reports that came out are saying new cap is now 102, In 2007 it will be 109 I believe. Theres room to sign some more players, but there will also be less players available cause some teams won't have to cut players they would have to get under the 94 mil cap, and teams that were around the cap now have even more money to play with so their will be more buyers. Also, teams can also get back players they cut cause they tryed to get under the 94 mil cap (if I'm not mistaken), but I think all of Buffalos cuts were due to performances and not to get under the cap.

Does anyone know if the cowboys could say they want their player back that just signed with the Rams a couple days ago, I think it was Glover?