Kevin Schaefer / Brad Hopkins Musings

From www.kffl.com:

Falcons | Hopkins to visit this week

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 06:07:06 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports free agent OT Brad Hopkins (Titans) will visit with the Atlanta Falcons later this week. "I think (Brad) just wants to get into where he is going to be. We are certainly going to keep the Titans abreast to what is going on, and we'll see what happens,'' agent Mark Bartelstein said. "It is hard to find great left tackles, so (the interest) doesn't really surprise me.''

Given this visit, could it mean that the Falcons do not believe that they will be able to keep Kevin Schaefer in the fold? Also, has anyone actually watched Schaefer play? What do you guys think of his play? How did he fair against the stud defensive ends in the NFC South? Guys like Peppers, Rice, etc.

Kevin Schaefer is an up and coming player that the Falcons would love to keep.

For my wants, he is a lower-tier free agent.

Read over his bio and make your own opinion:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/playerBio.jsp?id=1854

From www.kffl.com:

Falcons | Hopkins to visit this week

Wed, 8 Mar 2006 06:07:06 -0800

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports free agent OT Brad Hopkins (Titans) will visit with the Atlanta Falcons later this week. "I think (Brad) just wants to get into where he is going to be. We are certainly going to keep the Titans abreast to what is going on, and we'll see what happens,'' agent Mark Bartelstein said. "It is hard to find great left tackles, so (the interest) doesn't really surprise me.''

Given this visit, could it mean that the Falcons do not believe that they will be able to keep Kevin Schaefer in the fold?  Also, has anyone actually watched Schaefer play?  What do you guys think of his play?  How did he fair against the stud defensive ends in the NFC South?  Guys like Peppers, Rice, etc.

621091[/snapback]

Given this visit, could it mean that the Falcons do not believe that they will be able to keep Kevin Schaefer in the fold?  Also, has anyone actually watched Schaefer play?  What do you guys think of his play?  How did he fair against the stud defensive ends in the NFC South?  Guys like Peppers, Rice, etc.

621091[/snapback]

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports Falcons likely to lose Shaffer (Sub Req'd)