Skins Waive LeVar Arrington

It seems to me that Arrington just did the Deadskins a huge favor. I'm not quite sure how this works out for the cap, but it was said on the radio down here (in northern Virginia) that it would have cost the Skins more against the cap to get rid of Arrington before June. Does this buyout change that? Arrington hasn't gotten along with the Skins' managment lately, so he must really feel this will be profitable in the long run. He better hope the CBA deal goes through this week.

Folks, we do not want that cancer on this team. He is a locker room menace and someone who doesn't play within a scheme. For those that railed on Milloy about being out of position a lot, it is 10x worse with Arrington. Milloy was out of position due to poor coaching adjustments. With Arrington he just does what Lavar decides to do. very difficult to coach when you only can tell what 10 of the guys are doing on any given play.

Folks, we do not want that cancer on this team.  He is a locker room menace and someone who doesn't play within a scheme.  For those that railed on Milloy about being out of position a lot, it is 10x worse with Arrington.  Milloy was out of position due to poor coaching adjustments.  With Arrington he just does what Lavar decides to do.  very difficult to coach when you only can tell what 10 of the guys are doing on any given play.

618982[/snapback]

Let the Giants take him. I'd like to see LA let loose on Brunell twice a year.

The escalation associated with the release of Lavar would have reportedly been in the $12.9 M range, while his cap hit for being on the team was a little over $12 M. By repaying over $4 M of his signing bonus, he allowed the Redskins to brace that against his SB proration. Thus, his release counted less that $9 M against the cap, which means that the Redskins saved over $3 M in cap space by this move.

If I were the league I would investigate this VERY closely. Either...

1. There was no love lost between Lavar and the Redskins, and he was SO anxious to move on that he willfully provided the Redskins with so change to release him... Which makes no sense because he held all of the cards given Washington's dire cap situation -- and the fact that he was due a $6+ M roster bonus in the coming weeks.

2. The two sides parted happily with Lavar already knowing that he has a suitor willing to pay him top dollar. Even though it would appear to be a violation of league rules for LA to engage in talks with another team, the Redskins undoubtedly would have had no problem given the circumstances. Still, even if this is true I find it mighty fishy that LA, who was close to filing a lawsuit against the 'Skins a year ago over supposed promised money, would be willing to give ANYTHING back to them without getting SOMETHING in return.

Given the current labor situation and Snyder obviously hoping to zap the cap for once and for all, the last thing that the small market teams need is for his Redskins to come into cap compliance this year with minimal effort.

Good call, 2003. It makes me wonder if Snyder slid a little something extra under that table to Arrington. Of course, I often wonder how much of that that type of thing happens in the NFL.

I'm sad, I want my bloody day!

618951[/snapback]

The TBD discussion board has announced the release of Cobra almost 3 years to the day and after 264 posts. ESPN2 has reported that several NFL BBs have expressed interested in Cobra registering on their sites.

:doh: