Tags talking about extending CBA

I'm actually hoping they DON"T have an agreement by tonight. We're in a situation were it would help us tremendously if several teams have to purge their rosters. That would flood the market with veterans in a time where free cap dollars at at their smallest. That is a HUGE buyers market and that is exactly what the BILLS are right now. There would be bargain hunting galore and we could fill out our roster quite nicely.

Of course I'd like a deal to be struck sometime in May, just after the draft so all the teams w/o cap room have to deal down and cut vets to make their draft picks. The weeks after that chaos would be a nice time to have another 10 million to spend to go after whoever is left and sign our draft picks.

Don't get me wrong, this NEEDS to get done, but why not root to have it work out well for us?

I'm actually hoping they DON"T have an agreement by tonight.  We're in a situation were it would help us tremendously if several teams have to purge their rosters.  That would flood the market with veterans in a time where free cap dollars at at their smallest.  That is a HUGE buyers market and that is exactly what the BILLS are right now.  There would be bargain hunting galore and we could fill out our roster quite nicely. 

Of course I'd like a deal to be struck sometime in May, just after the draft so all the teams w/o cap room have to deal down and cut vets to make their draft picks.  The weeks after that chaos would be a nice time to have another 10 million to spend to go after whoever is left and sign our draft picks.

Don't get me wrong, this NEEDS to get done, but why not root to have it work out well for us?

618464[/snapback]

I've thought about it from your perspective before and thought that I agreed. But as this moves further along, the more I tend to disagree with your position. While your scenario might help the Bills in the short term, it would definitely hurt them in the long run...especially next year. The Bills are better off with a quick resolution to this mess. The longer it goes, the more likely that the players and owners dig in their heels and a lockout or strike occurs. 2007 would look like a MLB year. The "Yankees" of the league would make out like bandits while teams like the Bills would suffer greatly. I say end this damn thing now!

This is shaping up as a really bad soap opera. Title it "The Greedy and The Greedier".  :huh:

618459[/snapback]

I disagree

this is a labor and revenue sharing talk, nobody could have possibly thought this would be easy. Major business with major interests.

As long as they keep hammering away at it its nothing but positive IMO.

I disagree

this is a labor and revenue sharing talk, nobody could have possibly thought this would be easy. Major business with major interests.

As long as they keep hammering away at it its nothing but positive IMO.

618480[/snapback]

Are you a player or an owner? :huh:

I'm actually hoping they DON"T have an agreement by tonight. We're in a situation were it would help us tremendously if several teams have to purge their rosters. That would flood the market with veterans in a time where free cap dollars at at their smallest. That is a HUGE buyers market and that is exactly what the BILLS are right now. There would be bargain hunting galore and we could fill out our roster quite nicely.

Of course I'd like a deal to be struck sometime in May, just after the draft so all the teams w/o cap room have to deal down and cut vets to make their draft picks. The weeks after that chaos would be a nice time to have another 10 million to spend to go after whoever is left and sign our draft picks.

618464[/snapback]

[/quote

No cap might be interesting for a year but eventually there needs to be a cap or we would become the milwaukee brewers of the NFL. Also I think no cap would really hurt the leauge as a whole because it would become the haves vs the havenots.

NFL network is reporting that both sides are in fact still negotiating. If a deal is finalized before 6p FA will be put off to Tuesday at the earliest. If both sides are close at 6p, waivers will be put off until late Sunday night or Monday morning.

Mort said this morning on Sportcenter that the agreement with the NFLPA is the easy part. If they can reach a % number today, they will postpone FA a few days so the owners can crack the hard not: how to share revenue. That's the real deal killer.

PTR

Mort said this morning on Sportcenter that the agreement with the NFLPA is the easy part.  If they can reach a % number today, they will postpone FA a few days so the owners can crack the hard not:  how to share revenue.  That's the real deal killer.

PTR

618517[/snapback]

Exactly...In fact, is it not true that at least 15 Owners will not pass any deal with the Players Union unless they have an agreement on the Revenue Sharing? I thought that is what I read somewhere yesterday...

More to come I'm sure... :huh:

Exactly...In fact, is it not true that at least 15 Owners will not pass any deal with the Players Union unless they have an agreement on the Revenue Sharing? I thought that is what I read somewhere yesterday...

More to come I'm sure... ;)

618557[/snapback]

Isn't it amazing how so many still think it's all the player's fault? :huh: