Who knows more about Hockey?

Who knows more about Hockey?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who knows more about Hockey?

• X. Benedict
    • Don Cherry
    • Barry Melrose
    • Scotty Bowman

I am not sure who knows the most about hockey, but I will vote for X! Watching the games on Center Ice, from all over the leauge, it is clear that the game analysts are, for the most part, are minor leaguers, doing a "major" leauge game. I am not complaining, I love the regional feel of the games (wathching Nashville and Edmonton now) and don't mind the "homer" tendancies of most in the NHL hockey broadcast profession. I don't think any are all that informative, except John Davidson.

BTW- I will not claim to be an elite hockey poster, but I was just checking out the NHL standings on the Sabres site, and they have a stat I have never seen before, all the way over to the right....can anyone explain to me what the last two columns mean (under "ATS" there is a specialty rating, and an OU rating. I assume it indicates how much one team is dominating its' oppenents (like the awesome +/- rating for players- maybe the most meaningful stat in any sport, IMO), but while all of the elite teams seem to have good + ratings, Ottawa is close to 0....somebody please exlplain! Does this refer to a teams power play performance? If so, that might be the one chink in Ottawa's armour!

http://www.sabresreport.com/standings.php

I am not sure who knows the most about hockey, but I will vote for X!  Watching the games on Center Ice, from all over the leauge, it is clear that the game analysts are, for the most part, are minor leaguers, doing a "major" leauge game.  I am not complaining, I love the regional feel of the games (wathching Nashville and Edmonton now) and don't mind the "homer" tendancies of most in the NHL hockey broadcast profession.  I don't think any are all that informative, except John Davidson. 

BTW- I will not claim to be an elite hockey poster, but I was just checking out the NHL standings on the Sabres site, and they have a stat I have never seen before, all the way over to the right....can anyone explain to me what the last two columns mean (under "ATS" there is a specialty rating, and an OU rating.  I assume it indicates how much one team is dominating its' oppenents (like the awesome +/- rating for players- maybe the most meaningful stat in any sport, IMO), but while all of the elite teams seem to have good + ratings, Ottawa is close to 0....somebody please exlplain!  Does this refer to a teams power play performance?  If so, that might be the one chink in Ottawa's armour!

618577[/snapback]

Betting stuff.

Against the Spread

Over/Under

I am not sure who knows the most about hockey, but I will vote for X!  Watching the games on Center Ice, from all over the leauge, it is clear that the game analysts are, for the most part, are minor leaguers, doing a "major" leauge game.  I am not complaining, I love the regional feel of the games (wathching Nashville and Edmonton now) and don't mind the "homer" tendancies of most in the NHL hockey broadcast profession.  I don't think any are all that informative, except John Davidson. 

BTW- I will not claim to be an elite hockey poster, but I was just checking out the NHL standings on the Sabres site, and they have a stat I have never seen before, all the way over to the right....can anyone explain to me what the last two columns mean (under "ATS" there is a specialty rating, and an OU rating.  I assume it indicates how much one team is dominating its' oppenents (like the awesome +/- rating for players- maybe the most meaningful stat in any sport, IMO), but while all of the elite teams seem to have good + ratings, Ottawa is close to 0....somebody please exlplain!  Does this refer to a teams power play performance?  If so, that might be the one chink in Ottawa's armour!

618577[/snapback]

those are betting numbers. Against The Spread and Over/Under. I think the "units" are generic dollar "units" and it tells you how well you would have done as a bettor picking them ATS.