Patty LaLaLa Looks Like He Could Still Lace 'Em Up

Such a class act. It was difficult to watch him get hurt and then moved on because he wasn't medically cleared. Probably the best American player to date (no offense to Joey Mullen).

Anyone who's watching the game and wants to chat, I'm hanging in the TBD chatroom...

Such a class act.  It was difficult to watch him get hurt and then moved on because he wasn't medically cleared.  Probably the best American player to date (no offense to Joey Mullen).

Anyone who's watching the game and wants to chat, I'm hanging in the TBD chatroom...

617816[/snapback]

Just listened to the ceremony on NHL.com, taping the game to watch it later tonight.

As a displaced Buffalonian, I was barely able to follow the Sabres during the Lafontaine era (no internet, or Center Ice...the dark ages), only some playoff games, or a game a year on visits home...I do remember what a stud he was with the Islanders though...I remember being shocked when the Sabres obtained him. I had always thought he was one of the very best in the game...did they show the ceremony on Center Ice? I would love to see Robert, Martin and Bert all together again!

Just listened to the ceremony on NHL.com, taping the game to watch it later tonight. 

As a displaced Buffalonian, I was barely able to follow the Sabres during the Lafontaine era (no internet, or Center Ice...the dark ages), only some playoff games, or a game a year on visits home...I do remember what a stud he was with the Islanders though...I remember being shocked when the Sabres obtained him.  I had always thought he was one of the very best in the game...did they show the ceremony on Center Ice?  I would love to see Robert, Martin and Bert all together again!

617820[/snapback]

They showed some of it, because it was the Toronto feed. Nice thing is, we're up 1-0 already (PP goal).

Any truth to the rumor that Rory Fitzpatrick's number is eight because that's the over/under for odd man rushes he causes per game with his inability to read a play?

617833[/snapback]

:):doh::P

We really need another Dman

DirecTV Center Ice got the Toronto feed so we only saw some of the ceremony... my brother who lives in Nashville, and has the Center Ice on cable had the Buffalo feed so he got to see the whole thing with all the highlights mixed in. He's sending me a copy, I can't wait to see it in it's entirety.

I couldn't wait for tonight's game, I was excited all day. As soon as I got home from work I put on my LaFontaine jersey and was psyched!! I love hockey and I love watching this team. I'm sooo happy for Patty, he may be my favorite player of all time, he stands for so much more than what he did on the ice. He's a great person and he loves the Buffalo area.

I loved Jennerette giving us one more La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-Fontaine!!!!

DirecTV Center Ice got the Toronto feed so we only saw some of the ceremony... my brother who lives in Nashville, and has the Center Ice on cable had the Buffalo feed so he got to see the whole thing with all the highlights mixed in.  He's sending me a copy, I can't wait to see it in it's entirety.

I couldn't wait for tonight's game, I was excited all day.  As soon as I got home from work I put on my LaFontaine jersey and was psyched!!  I love hockey and I love watching this team.  I'm sooo happy for Patty, he may be my favorite player of all time, he stands for so much more than what he did on the ice.  He's a great person and he loves the Buffalo area. 

I loved Jennerette giving us one more La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-Fontaine!!!!

617864[/snapback]

It was nice to see the boys in the blue and gold. Too bad we swapped to the Sesame St Abortions that other people call the "third jersey".

We're playing our typical "up big" third period. On our heels and taking dumb penalties. Greer's was spectacularly stupid.

Nice win over a bad hockey team. It was nice to see the Bud bench whining about the officiating in the last 10 seconds and then have the Sabres add to that with a hattie. Only the Leafs' broadcast could give their team one star (Sundin) in a 6-2 loss.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Things I think I think:

--Pyatt looks terrible. Probably the worst game I've seen him. I don't think he fits with this team, and should not be kept. Too slow. Too slow. Too slow.

--I wasn't too keen on Roy in the beginning of the season, but he has certainly turned into a nice player. Not spectacular, but solid.

--Miller reads passing plays better than any goalie in the NHL right now.

--It was certainly gratifying to see Sundin get penalties for the sh-- that he's been doing for years now. Nice to see the new NHL rules were enforced, hope it stays.

--Briere had a good game, he's still the most dangerous Sabre in the offensive zone.

--Max continues to shine on the line that he's on right now. Those guys were a force EVERY single time they took the ice.

--Teppo isn't the most flashy D-man, but he gets the job done. I prolly agree that we could use another big guy at the blue line for the playoffs, but I think Darcy will stay pat with the group that we've used all year.

--Brian Campbell has some true offensive touch. Several plays tonight were amazing. He has great potential once he gains more experience in the league.

--Did anyone else think that Jenerette's neck would explode with that tuxedo buttoned up?

--Beer and hockey together are a gift from God

--I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO

LaFontaine: Great player, and a class act. I know there was some debate whether or not his time in B-lo merited retiring his number; if I were a Sabres fan, I'd be damn proud to have #16 in the rafters...

Totally gratuitous observation - he's always been easy on the eyes, too. Rowr. :lol:

(Sorry, Mrs. LaFontaine...)

The game (or what I saw of it before I dozed off): were the Sabres on a PP for about the first ten minutes, or did it just look that way? :D

Nice win over a bad hockey team.  It was nice to see the Bud bench whining about the officiating in the last 10 seconds and then have the Sabres add to that with a hattie.  Only the Leafs' broadcast could give their team one star (Sundin) in a 6-2 loss.

617888[/snapback]

The leafs broadcast gave themselves a star. What the hell :lol:. What game were they watching. Sudin took two crap penalties on faceoffs because the game is passing him by.

Roy would have had a gamestar without the goals. Penalty kills, forechecking, he was all over the ice, and drew some great faceoffs.

If I were a leafs fan I would be demanding that half of that roster be dumped by thursday.

Only one note of criticism. Pommenville and Dumont need to pull the trigger

The leafs broadcast gave themselves a star. What the hell  :lol:. What game were they watching. Sudin took two crap penalties on faceoffs because the game is passing him by.

Roy would have had a gamestar without the goals. Penalty kills, forechecking, he was all over the ice, and drew some great faceoffs.

If I were a leafs fan I would be demanding that half of that roster be dumped by thursday.

Only one note of criticism. Pommenville and Dumont need to pull the trigger

618097[/snapback]

The deadline is Friday, no?

The deadline is Friday, no?

618105[/snapback]

Thursday, I believe.

But this is why the leaf are done, ready, this from the Toronto Star:

:lol:

Captain Mats Sundin said the Leafs were full marks in the effort department last night, but he also thought they had a decent first period.

:lol::D:D

Raise the white flag Toronto. If anyone saw the first period last night and thought that was "full marks" for the leafs, then they are cooked, done, stick-a-fork-in-em, wave a white hankee, done.

Nice win over a bad hockey team.  It was nice to see the Bud bench whining about the officiating in the last 10 seconds and then have the Sabres add to that with a hattie.  Only the Leafs' broadcast could give their team one star (Sundin) in a 6-2 loss.

617888[/snapback]

I really think that besides getting off your soapbox, you should apply to be a Maple Leaf. Your whining is easily up to their level.

Great ceremony.  Great game. Great night.

617906[/snapback]

Yes, no and yes :lol:

It was a very cool ceremony for Pat. He ran longer than he was supposed to and started to get a little choked up.

Usual lousy game, but my crew had a great night out at the Pearl, The Harbour Club and afterward The Cobblestone.

It was a great night.