You can pretty much cross Bentley off the list

Eagles | Team set to sign Bentley

Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:34:11 -0800

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are set to sign free agent C LeCharles Bentley (Saints). Bentley's interest in joining the Eagles is so strong that the only thing preventing the signing from happening Friday, March 3, was the delay in the start of free agency.

I know it's not a "Done deal" yet but the chances of getting bentley look grim.

For what it's worth the Philly media basically says anything to get readership/listeners.

A couple years ago we were all wanting Steve Everett. The Eagles were in the hunt as well. Howard Eskin (a prominent Philly TV/radio guy and notorious blowhard) ripped the Eagles for an ENTIRE afternoon broadcast because, according to "his sources" Everett had spent the entire day in Buffalo where he had been wined and dined and he was probably going to sign with the Bills before the end of the day. Philly fans went nuts. The Eagles ended up signing him and surprise, surprise it turns out that not only was Everett not close to signing with Buffalo he'd never made a trip to WNY at all. The Philly media will basically do whatever it takes to get the Philly fans to pay attention, take anything that comes out of here with 2 grains of salt.

Isn't this tampering?  I mean, unless Bentley was willing to pay for any price they'd offer, the Eagles shouldn't have been able to talk to Bentley at all.

617138[/snapback]

FA back room deals are made all the time before they are supposedly permitted.

Let me rephrase that....these deals are not negotiated and completed, but there is a whole lot of "touchy feely" conversations with agents and "unofficial" team contacts.

Not to mention that wherever this report on the Eagles and Bentley came from is probably a load of garbage anyway.

They have Fraley at center. Don't see this happening. Bentley wants to stay at center as well. Who know, who cares. He is my free agent of choice, especially caue Preston SUCKS, but I won't jump off a bridge if we don't get him.

They have Fraley at center. Don't see this happening. Bentley wants to stay at center as well. Who know, who cares. He is my free agent of choice, especially caue Preston SUCKS, but I won't jump off a bridge if we don't get him.

617318[/snapback]

Wow, I know that most posters on here gave up on JP quickly this season after only 8 games, But coming to the copnclusion that Preston sucks after not even playing a full game at centre, he must really suck

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are set to sign free agent C LeCharles Bentley (Saints). Bentley's interest in joining the Eagles is so strong that the only thing preventing the signing from happening Friday, March 3, was the delay in the start of free agency.

I know it's not a  "Done deal" yet but the chances of getting bentley look grim.

617075[/snapback]

I think he's hit the wall!

My sources from deep within one bills drive have told me Bentley will be a Bill come the 1st day of free agency. Sources say Marv leaked this bad info out as a smoke screen. Bentley was spotted at the buffalo airport late last night. He is currently shopping for a home in Hamburg.

Terms of the contract have already been agreed upon, but my source could not release them to me until free agency starts.

Details to follow as soon as i hear back from Soprano.

He sure sucked at guard. Kind of reminded me of a guy named Pucillo. I've seen all I need to see from this freakin' guy.

617348[/snapback]

An itchy trigger finger in here.....I for one like the prospect of Preston on the line....who knows if he is or isn't the answer but I like what i've seen so far.....one things certain.....he hasn't played nearly enough to say he can't play

I know it's not a  "Done deal" yet but the chances of getting bentley look grim.

617075[/snapback]

Well at least there's hope of signing Kevin Mawae