I agree with Marv: real plan for playoffs in

The way I see it Williams was an "easy" cut but Adams, Milloy, Campbell and probably Moulds cuts mean they are not going to waste time and money paying for players that won't be key members of a 2007 playoff team.

I'd rather be 4-12 this year and be in good position to be a serious playoff contender in 2007 and beyond; than kidding ourselves in 2006, missing the playoffs anway and starting all over again.

Did Marv say that 2006 was null and void? That we are looking forward to 2007? What happened to we want to win now?

615681[/snapback]

Wanting to and being able to are two different things. This team has no clue how to win. We're seeing addition by subtraction.

Our two "biggest" cancers are now gone.

Wanting to and being able to are two different things.  This team has no clue how to win.  We're seeing addition by subtraction.

Our two "biggest" cancers are now gone.

615709[/snapback]

Donahoe and Mularkey?

Did Marv say that 2006 was null and void? That we are looking forward to 2007? What happened to we want to win now?

615681[/snapback]

"Win now." What else does a new GM say? We're going to cut a bunch of drift wood, play the young guys, lose a bunch of games but we're going to be good in 2007?

Marv didn't say, but that's what I heard. Now his actions speak much louder than his words, and I for one am OK with it.

I rather root for guys who play hard and trying to learn to be winners than root for a bunch of underacheivers who would be gone after next season anyway.

The way I see it Williams was an "easy" cut but Adams, Milloy, Campbell and probably Moulds cuts mean they are not going to waste time and money paying for players that won't be key members of a 2007 playoff team.

I'd rather be 4-12 this year and be in good position to be a serious playoff contender in 2007 and beyond; than kidding ourselves in 2006, missing the playoffs anway and starting all over again.

615671[/snapback]

I disagree ADams and Campbell were easy choices at least from a production to salary cap assement.

Milloy that confused me he was in the last year of his contract and he would be a good teacher to someone they brought into be his sucessor and his salary wasnt to bug of an issue for the leauge average.

I'm talking about players.  You know, the ones who are supposed to perform but instead do more bitching and whining.

615720[/snapback]

Come on man where is your sense of sarcasm?

Adams was hell bent on getting his way as far as how he plays his position. If you want a guy who loves to shoot the gaps and not take up space, he is your man! If you want someone who will listen to his coaches and play the way they want him to then Adams becomes a major distraction!

Out of curiosity, who exactly was the 2nd cancer you spoke of, Milloy or Williams?

Come on man where is your sense of sarcasm?

Adams was hell bent on getting his way as far as how he plays his position. If you want a guy who loves to shoot the gaps and not take up space, he is your man! If you want someone who will listen to his coaches and play the way they want him to then Adams becomes a major distraction!

Out of curiosity, who exactly was the 2nd cancer you spoke of, Milloy or Williams?

615759[/snapback]

Williams. Milloy was nothing but a professional during his time here, even playing through broken bones. Williams is a major disappointment.

Sorry, but I completely disagree - none of those three players at all distinguished themselves in 2005, and were exactly the sort of dead weight that you trim during the offseason in preparation for building your team as a contender in the next season.

JDG

I rather root for guys who play hard and trying to learn to be winners than root for a bunch of underacheivers who would be gone after next season anyway.

615732[/snapback]

Please don't include Milloy in your underacheivers list. It really hurts the credibility of any other points you're trying to make.

Sorry, but I completely disagree - none of those three players at all distinguished themselves in 2005, and were exactly the sort of dead weight that you trim during the offseason in preparation for building your team as a contender in the next season.

JDG

615887[/snapback]

But there is always apprehension replacing players who look good on paper b/c there is little guarantee you'll replace them those who'll play significantly better THIS season. Cuts are not a one to one salary swap: it's likely we'll replace those players who are younger yet less experienced and on paper not going to be a significant difference in 2007.

Please don't include Milloy in your underacheivers list. It really hurts the credibility of any other points you're trying to make.

615897[/snapback]

If you believe Milloy played well for his salary and experience then it's your credibility that is in question.

If you believe Milloy played well for his salary and experience then it's your credibility that is in question.

616049[/snapback]

If you're at RWS and you watch Coy Wire sub in for an injured Milloy, you'll understand the addition by subtraction in this case is effing frightening.

I'm talking about players.  You know, the ones who are supposed to perform but instead do more bitching and whining.

615720[/snapback]

OK, I got Williams. Apparently Moulds is the other? Perhaps you haven't talked to sources deep within...?

Milloy played pretty well most of the time, IMHO, but I am still very disturbed by his reapeated comments that winning a Super Bowl is nice, but gettting big paydays is more important. That is no the attitude Levy speaks of so often.

If you're at RWS and you watch Coy Wire sub in for an injured Milloy, you'll understand the addition by subtraction in this case is effing frightening.

616059[/snapback]

Show me were Coy Wire's name is written in as the starter with indelible ink and I'll worry. I'll reserve judgement until we know who else is in camp by July.

Even if a miracle happened and the team made the playoffs in 2006, it's very doubtful Milloy would be on the team in 2007.

Moreover, the point of this thread was don't kid yourself that we'd go to playoffs in 2006 or that our record would be much different with these wholesale changes. Bite the bullet now and plan for a serious playoff run in 2007.