I dont know if anyone has brough this up but

zevo

why the frick cant our receivers get open? I understand there are some cases in which they dont have enough time to get open, but when drew does have time no one is open. I'm starting to think eric moulds isnt worth all the money he is making. Moss, owens, harrison seem to get open on a routine basis.

dont mind me I'm just venting. :lol:

This thing about receivers not being open is half a crock. Very often the QB needs to hit a receiver in stride over the middle or elsewhere. But hey, this isn't the way Bledsoe plays the game.

Don't you think it's a little weird how they all started "opening up" in New England once Brady took the helm?

yet another reason bledsoe blows. He needs guys to be "open". you may say ALL QBS NEED THE GUY TO BE OPEN.

NOt true. Throw to the SPOT. Throw a pattern play.

What I mean is, the bledsoe supporters are now saying "Just give him time and an opn receiver and he'll do fine" ... well, I know a trained monkey who can hit a TD pass with 10 seoconds to throw and an open receiver.

Good QBs are the ones who know how to deal with pressure AND find an open man..

Bledsoe can do neither.

This thing about receivers not being open is half a crock.  Very often the QB needs to hit a receiver in stride over the middle or elsewhere.  But hey, this isn't the way Bledsoe plays the game. 

Don't you think it's a little weird how they all started "opening up" in New England once Brady took the helm?

44933[/snapback]

LOL, then how did he accumulate those 37,000 yards plus?

:lol:

why the frick cant our  receivers get open? I understand there are some cases in which they dont have enough time to get open, but when drew does have time no one is open. I'm starting to think eric moulds isnt worth all the money he is making. Moss, owens, harrison seem to get open on a routine basis.

dont mind me I'm just venting. :lol:

44927[/snapback]

For the money Moulds makes, yes, he should be getting open more often. However, in his defense he's being double covered a lot.

More blame should be directed to Josh Reed, who after 34 games isn't even looking like a legitimate #3 NFL WR, let alone a #2.

And of course a big part of the problem is also Bledsoe with his RJ-like decisiveness, but that's a dead horse beaten...

It'd be nice if the guys who were open actually caught the balls thrown to them. Everyone is trying to find a single player to blame when the reality is EACH probably deserves some.

We've seen Drew throw lasers and guys drop them. We've seen him lock on and ignore other guys who are open (some because they'd dropped earlier passes and he doesn't have the confidence to chuck it at them again). We've seen him throw errant though catchable balls.

This game is about confidence. Confidence in yourself and confidence in your teammates. Right now, nobody on offense is playing with much confidence. Each player seems to be waiting for someone else to make a play, instead of just doing their own jobs - or they are trying to do too much.

Oh, and Shelton sucks.

Oh yeah, adn the line all of a sudden started palying much better too.

44936[/snapback]

That's because the Pats went to short passes where the receivers were told to get open quickly. Watch the SB last year and you'll hear Simms talk about how Brady's receivers are "always wide open."

Oh and BTW, being "open" means having separation from the defender, not theoretically "hitting the receiver in stride" or "anticipating breaks" that aren't there.