The Apprentice

OnTheRocks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was the All Brent show, and now Brent is gone. I was looking forward to him being a PM, because I think his team would have tanked the project just to get him off that way.

637222[/snapback]

i was very disappointed he was fired. but i look forward to the week when he comes back with an AK47 and kills everyone.

Last night was the All Brent show, and now Brent is gone. I was looking forward to him being a PM, because I think his team would have tanked the project just to get him off that way.

637222[/snapback]

Again, people are taken down by their own stupidity. All Brent had to do was say, "Mr. Trump...How could this loss be my fault if my team refused to allow me to contribute?" After that, STFU!! Hell, even Trump's daughter commented on that early in the show and probably would have sided with him in the board room. Instead, the dumbass goes on a tear and screws himself. :devil:

I was about to do something else and in a hurry, so I watched the first minute of the boardroom. Brent went on a tear, the team jumped on him, and I turned it off, knowing how it would turn out. Boy Brent really did himself in. On the other hand I never saw him do anything but cause trouble. I didn't see much of Lenny in this one.

I was about to do something else and in a hurry, so I watched the first minute of the boardroom.  Brent went on a tear, the team jumped on him, and I turned it off, knowing how it would turn out.  Boy Brent really did himself in.  On the other hand I never saw him do anything but cause trouble.

637286[/snapback]

The sad part of it all, is supposedly Trump makes the final decision on what people get on the show. I'm wondering if someone said to let Brent on, knowing it would probably be good TV.

Again, people are taken down by their own stupidity. All Brent had to do was say, "Mr. Trump...How could this loss be my fault if my team refused to allow me to contribute?" After that, STFU!! Hell, even Trump's daughter commented on that early in the show and probably would have sided with him in the board room. Instead, the dumbass goes on a tear and screws himself.  :lol:

637243[/snapback]

Exactly, and the other members of his team had already resigned themselves to that fact!! Brent totally dropped the ball with his high and mighty crap....I wanted to see him stick around a little while longer, but he deserved to get canned last night. I never pegged him for a genius, but he could have easily kept himself in the game. He allowed his emotions and his ego to override his brain. Bad move, Brent. Trump even has a past history of yelling at people when they try to blame someone who clearly had no part in the loss, yet somehow Brent managed to overcome that precedent. Stupid.....

Charmaine is friggin hot..... :devil:

The sad part of it all, is supposedly Trump makes the final decision on what people get on the show. I'm wondering if someone said to let Brent on, knowing it would probably be good TV.

637309[/snapback]

I forget that guy's name from last season, but WOW.....if he's one of America's brightest and most successful, we've got problems. I am glad that they let these people on though....some of the 'serious' ones really aren't all that interesting. I'd rather they find someone who has brains in addition to being controversial, though. As much as Omorosa was annoying, she did have something going on upstairs. Brent was just a juvenile putz.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting Board Room last night, though I expected Bryce to be fired, since it would be hard to pin the blame on one specific person. And Lenny needs to step up soon and be a PM. Next week is the renovation episode, one I always look forward to, since someone usually makes one big mistake. Like that one guy replacing all the toilets in the hotel, instead of using what they had.

Oh Lenny, I had high hopes that you would whip everyone in shape and do an outstanding job, but you let me down. Lee, you won't make the final two, but you had two good ideas for the 7-11 challenge, that helped you stay. I'm not sure who will make the final two now, but I'm thinking they'll both be from Synergy.

My money is on the cold redhead who was project manager last night from Synergy.  She is controlling and doesn't make mistakes. Interesting in that one team is so much stronger than the other.

658660[/snapback]

umm yeah..just to let you know..it will be hats....she is funny

i would like to see the redhead go to the final two just to see her suffer the most humiliating loss in the history of the show. she has been too condesending to everyone to get anyone on her "final" team to support her to victory.

i am bummed Lenny dropped the ball so badly. he was a total bust. he was great for the show. his board room responses last night were the best i have ever seen on the show.

i would like to see the redhead go to the final two just to see her suffer the most humiliating loss in the history of the show.  she has been too condesending to everyone to get anyone on her "final" team to support her to victory.
That would be the best way but due to her attitude and current record as PM she probably will be the one ganged up on if Synergy takes a loss.

i am bummed Lenny dropped the ball so badly.  he was a total bust.  he was great for the show.  his board room responses last night were the best i have ever seen on the show.

658692[/snapback]

I thought Bryce really called out Trump last week. Also noticed that none of the banter was included in the show recap.

Billy and Caroline have him mastered. "You were absolutely correct.... It was a no brainer... (SUCKING SOUND)"

i would like to see the redhead go to the final two just to see her suffer the most humiliating loss in the history of the show.  she has been too condesending to everyone to get anyone on her "final" team to support her to victory.

i am bummed Lenny dropped the ball so badly.  he was a total bust.  he was great for the show.  his board room responses last night were the best i have ever seen on the show.

658692[/snapback]

I feel the same way....I can't stand that beyotch. She's completely disrespectful, arrogant, and that JAUNDICE-colored eye shadow crap she wears is nasty as hell.

I really wanted Lee to pull off that deal, but he made a really dumb mistake. He asks the hot athletic chick PM what the LEAST is they can take per sandwich, and then what does he do? He goes and STARTS with that number when he negotiates with the business guy. When someone asks you, "what's the best you can do" on something at the onset of negotiations, you don't actually go with the REAL lowest number.....The guy asked him what was the best he could do, Lee said "$3 per", and the guy says he needs "$2" per. The other thing he didn't do - even though I KNOW the hot athletic chick PM mentioned it to him - was to FRAME THE PRICE. Lee should have at LEAST framed the $3 response by saying something like "they're going out the door like crazy over here for $7.99, but I can let you have them for _____". Framing the deal is what gives the perception of value.

Last point.....(sorry, but this is one task I think I'd have beaten that beyotch on big time and this point wasn't brought up on the show).....Think about what happens when you price a single unit at $7.99, and then you say "two for $8.99". Does that encourage more people buying ONE sandwich? Or does it shift the emphasis to buying two? In other words, they completely KILLED their single unit value at a price point that was already too high! Why would I only buy one when I can get two for another dollar? The price point they set was not $7.99, but $8.99, which basically screwed them because of the fact that their target market wasn't going to be dropping nine bucks on much of anything. The price pointS should have been $5.99 and $8.99/2. That way you don't feel like an idiot for paying for just one sandwich, it's much closer to the typical sandwich price at 7-11, the promotional item fuels sales to those on the fence, and you STILL get a good deal if you want two sandwiches! They SHOULD have won that task.....it was dumb to make a hasty decision on the price point at the very end of the day just before they were goign to bed w/out thinking it through.....

I feel the same way....I can't stand that beyotch. She's completely disrespectful, arrogant, and that JAUNDICE-colored eye shadow crap she wears is nasty as hell.

I really wanted Lee to pull off that deal, but he made a really dumb mistake. He asks the hot athletic chick PM what the LEAST is they can take per sandwich, and then what does he do? He goes and STARTS with that number when he negotiates with the business guy. When someone asks you, "what's the best you can do" on something at the onset of negotiations, you don't actually go with the REAL lowest number.....The guy asked him what was the best he could do, Lee said "$3 per", and the guy says he needs "$2" per. The other thing he didn't do - even though I KNOW the hot athletic chick PM mentioned it to him - was to FRAME THE PRICE. Lee should have at LEAST framed the $3 response by saying something like "they're going out the door like crazy over here for $7.99, but I can let you have them for _____". Framing the deal is what gives the perception of value.

Last point.....(sorry, but this is one task I think I'd have beaten that beyotch on big time and this point wasn't brought up on the show).....Think about what happens when you price a single unit at $7.99, and then you say "two for $8.99". Does that encourage more people buying ONE sandwich? Or does it shift the emphasis to buying two?  In other words, they completely KILLED their single unit value at a price point that was already too high!  Why would I only buy one when I can get two for another dollar? The price point they set was not $7.99, but $8.99, which basically screwed them because of the fact that their target market wasn't going to be dropping nine bucks on much of anything. The price pointS should have been $5.99 and $8.99/2. That way you don't feel like an idiot for paying for just one sandwich, it's much closer to the typical sandwich price at 7-11, the promotional item fuels sales to those on the fence, and you STILL get a good deal if you want two sandwiches! They SHOULD have won that task.....it was dumb to make a hasty decision on the price point at the very end of the day just before they were goign to bed w/out thinking it through.....

659129[/snapback]

I agree with the Lee deal. If I was him, I'd start the negotiation at $4, based on the $7.99 single price. But If I had priced them in the first place, I'd go with $4.99 and $7.99/2.

I agree with the Lee deal. If I was him, I'd start the negotiation at $4, based on the $7.99 single price. But If I had priced them in the first place, I'd go with $4.99 and $7.99/2.

659633[/snapback]

I hope Lee isn't discouraged by the deal not working out, cause how often do you really see one of the teams take a risk like that? Last one I can think of was when Randall and his crew pretended to be the other team and stole their bullhorns out from under them....that was BRILLIANT, lol. I thought it was bogus that Lee missed two weeks with his religious stuff, but he really made things interesting this week. Hopefully next time he'll pull it off.

I hope Lee isn't discouraged by the deal not working out, cause how often do you really see one of the teams take a risk like that? Last one I can think of was when Randall and his crew pretended to be the other team and stole their bullhorns out from under them....that was BRILLIANT, lol. I thought it was bogus that Lee missed two weeks with his religious stuff, but he really made things interesting this week. Hopefully next time he'll pull it off.

659646[/snapback]

One other thing I remembered, has Lee been a project manager yet? I remembered he commented in the beginning of the show that Leslie waited so long to be one that Trump may take it as a bad mark for her if they lost. Yet it never came up again.

• 2 weeks later...

good to see that "man-woman" get canned last night. i can't believe she started crying in the cab ride out of town.

she didn't desrve to be fired. Allie clearly screwed up by getting beaten badly to Battery Park.