ARghhhhh

gantrules

God damn boss wants us to do more business but when I go in to discuss deals with her she picks up the fuggin phone every single time it rings.

I was just in there for 20 minutes while she talked to her Husband about her condo in Florida for 10 and one of her co-workers about her lunch order.

I finally just got up and left....I've got people waiting on me and do you think I can get anywhere with this?

Thanks for letting me vent...

God damn boss wants us to do more business but when I go in to discuss deals with her she picks up the fuggin phone every single time it rings.

I was just in there for 20 minutes while she talked to her Husband about her condo in Florida for 10 and one of her co-workers about her lunch order.

I finally just got up and left....I've got people waiting on me and do you think I can get anywhere with this?

Thanks for letting me vent...

44744[/snapback]

It's President Bush's fault. If John Kerry were President, your boss would be attentive.

Explain to her that you understand she's awfully busy, and remind her that as you are busy as well, and for those reasons you'd like to set a time where the two of you could meet free of interruptions so that the two of you could concentrate on buiding the business or whatever the issue(s) is/are.

The “toe the line” expression actually originated in early boxing history. There was no timed rounds, a round consisted of a knockdown. After each knockdown the fighters would go to there respective corners. In each corner there was a taped line, after one minute the fighters had to “toe the line” and the fight would continue. If a fighter could not “toe the line” the fight was over.

I wished boxing would bring back the old rules!

another meaning:

Toe the Line

The space between each pair of deck planks in a wooden ship was filled with a packing material called "oakum" and then sealed with a mixture of pitch and tar. The result, from afar, was a series of parallel lines a half-foot or so apart, running the length of the deck.

Once a week, as a rule, usually on Sunday, a warship's crew was ordered to fall in at quarters -- that is, each group of men into which the crew was divided would line up in formation in a given area of the deck. To insure a neat alignment of each row, the sailors were directed to stand with their toes just touching a particular seam.

Another use for these seams was punitive. The youngsters in a ship, be they ship's boys or student officers, might be required to stand with their toes just touching a designated seam for a length of time as punishment for some minor infraction of discipline, such as talking or fidgeting at the wrong time. A tough captain might require the miscreant to stand there, not talking to anyone, in fair weather or foul, for hours at a time. Hopefully, he would learn it was easier and more pleasant to conduct himself in the required manner rather than suffer the punishment.

From these two uses of deck seams comes our cautionary word to obstreperous youngsters to "toe the line."

another meaning:

Toe the Line

The space between each pair of deck planks in a wooden ship was filled with a packing material called "oakum" and then sealed with a mixture of pitch and tar. The result, from afar, was a series of parallel lines a half-foot or so apart, running the length of the deck.

Once a week, as a rule, usually on Sunday, a warship's crew was ordered to fall in at quarters -- that is, each group of men into which the crew was divided would line up in formation in a given area of the deck. To insure a neat alignment of each row, the sailors were directed to stand with their toes just touching a particular seam.

Another use for these seams was punitive. The youngsters in a ship, be they ship's boys or student officers, might be required to stand with their toes just touching a designated seam for a length of time as punishment for some minor infraction of discipline, such as talking or fidgeting at the wrong time. A tough captain might require the miscreant to stand there, not talking to anyone, in fair weather or foul, for hours at a time. Hopefully, he would learn it was easier and more pleasant to conduct himself in the required manner rather than suffer the punishment.

From these two uses of deck seams comes our cautionary word to obstreperous youngsters to "toe the line."

44859[/snapback]

Nothing to do with camel toe?

WTF....I go away for two hours and my post changes from my pain and misery in to Camel Toe.

Although, I like Camel Toe.

Did you guys ever see those women who are around 40-50 and wear jeans up to their racks? But you can't get over the fact that here's this gigantic camel toe that goes up to a gut. NASTY.