saw Kerry speak in person today

John Adams

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adolph Hitler was extremely charismatic and knew how to work a crowd.  Too bad he's not running eh?

The things some people think are important ... I guess it just demonstrates how much we deserve what we get.  Shallow, callow and mindless.

44844[/snapback]

Wow- talk about shallow. I gave my impressions of how he was received, and he was not received with that much enthusiasm. And he is NOT a good public speaker. Or charismatic. If you think that doesn't count for something, you're nuts. Clinton's popularity was due in large part to his charisma.

Would you rather I posted about the non-substance of Kerry's "I'm no dubya" speech? I purposefully ignored that part of the speech because there were no new items in it. I only commented on the thing I thought was interesting, i.e., that he's not stirring up much support.

Wow- talk about shallow. I gave my impressions of how he was received, and he was not received with that much enthusiasm. And he is NOT a good public speaker. Or charismatic. If you think that doesn't count for something, you're nuts. Clinton's popularity was due in large part to his charisma.

Would you rather I posted about the non-substance of Kerry's "I'm no dubya" speech? I purposefully ignored that part of the speech because there were no new items in it. I only commented on the thing I thought was interesting, i.e., that he's not stirring up much support.

44930[/snapback]

You'll have to excuse Debbie. Lucid statements aren't exactly her strong point.

you imply that the people criticizing Kerry for his lack of carisma want a Hitler typer character running the country.  otherwise there would have been no reason to bring the name Hitler into the post. 

i don't mean this in a sarcastic way at all....but tell me something....do you really like your candidate?

and if so....why?

44876[/snapback]

No I imply that JUDGING THE QUALITY OF A PERSON BY THEIR STYLE OF SPEAKING OR "CHARISMA" MIGHT NOT BE WISE!

You neocons are just INCAPABLE of abstract thought aren't you?! <_<

I'mmmmmm baaaaaack....Hurricane Ivan was no match for me...seriously...being without power and cable for a week sucked...but I'm back in NY now for 6 weeks.

Now on to the subject. I think what really turns me off and a lot of other off about Kerry is the "I'm smarter than you" attitude he comes accross as having. It's almost like he thinks he's royalty or something. Him and his wife have this arrogance about them that I just can stand.

I'mmmmmm  baaaaaack....Hurricane Ivan was no match for me...seriously...being without power and cable for a week sucked...but I'm back in NY now for 6 weeks. 

Now on to the subject.  I think what really turns me off and a lot of other off about Kerry is the "I'm smarter than you" attitude he comes accross as having. It's almost like he thinks he's royalty or something. Him and his wife have this arrogance about them that I just can stand.

45084[/snapback]

Glad you're ok, you sweedish bastage!! There's another one coming. I guess you'll miss it then being in NY. Oh, I love Florida <_<

BTW, vote for me, I fought in the Nam :)

Thanks man....I'll take snow anyday...I've never seen such destruction. I'm glad I evacuated. I know some people who lost everything. I came out completely undamaged. I guess the worst part was on the Beaches and some parts nland they had Tornadoes coupled with the hurricane. Truley aweful.

No I imply that JUDGING THE QUALITY OF A PERSON BY THEIR STYLE OF SPEAKING OR "CHARISMA" MIGHT NOT BE WISE!

You neocons are just INCAPABLE of abstract thought aren't you?! <_<

44984[/snapback]

At least do me the courtesy of getting my political orientation right, and not ASSUMING what it is. I (gag!) voted for Gore in 2000 you presumptuous, condecending know-it-all. And I wouldn't vote for Bush if he was the last man on the planet. Here's a morsel for you to think about: you can be critical of a Democrat and not be Conservative. Really. It's possible. Try to think outside the two party box. Independent thought is refreshing.

When presented with the stark realities of what we face as a nation, instead of rah-rah speeches about how everything is going great but don't look behind the curtain, people tend to get more somber and reflective.  If we're electing a cheerleader, then Bush has the experience, but if we're looking for serious and honest leadership, he's still on the bench.

You don't see Edwards on the news and you blame the Democrats? He's out on the campaign trail every day giving speeches, meeting at the grassroots level where campaigns are won.  Cheney is just like one of those Wack-a-moles at the fair; he comes out of his hole just long enough to make rediculous statements about how only he and Bush care about America's security, and then ducks back into his hole before anyone can hammer him with the truth.

44792[/snapback]

edwards is purposely keeping a low profile. once he saw what this campaign was really all about this is his best strategy. Stay low and maybe people will forget that he was part of this fiasco.

At least do me the courtesy of getting my political orientation right, and not ASSUMING what it is. I (gag!) voted for Gore in 2000 you presumptuous, condecending know-it-all. And I wouldn't vote for Bush if he was the last man on the planet. Here's a morsel for you to think about: you can be critical of a Democrat and not be Conservative. Really. It's possible. Try to think outside the two party box. Independent thought is refreshing.

45149[/snapback]

Debbie and thought really don't belong in the same sentence. Of course, you know that. <_<

That's right, call names when you get caught with your butt swinging in the breeze. I take back nothing - looking back over history one can see some pretty uninspiring characters, seemingly, accomplishing great things. It was fortunate that they weren't summarily dismissed because they failed to arouse the masses with their speaking style. As if it's their job to be amusing and inspiring. Look inside for that, not to someone else, you pathetic little people.

If it has wings, webbed feet and flies it's a duck. I don't give a rat's ass who you voted for in 2000, you can't hide behind that. I've seen numbers of your posts and you're not particularly liberal. And I never mentioned ANY party - YOU are the one who's got the tunnel vision. I merely commented on the error one makes in judgement on superficialities.

Here on PPP superficialities rule though. My momma always told me that petty people are obsessed with superficial things and as usual she was right.

And in terms of judging Bush by his speaking style - that's really one of the few things he has going for him, or had. His "just plain folks" style played well in the early days but has gotten old. Real old. A little presidential formality is sometimes callered for. But while his tendency to lounge on the podium and say stupid things is annoying, it's his damaging policies and arrogance administrative actions that are far more irritating.

And in terms of judging Bush by his speaking style - that's really one of the few things he has going for him, or had. His "just plain folks" style played well in the early days but has gotten old.  Real old.  A little presidential formality is sometimes callered for.  But while his tendency to lounge on the podium and say stupid things is annoying, it's his damaging policies and arrogance administrative actions that are far more irritating.

45228[/snapback]

Bush's "just plain folks" speaking style has gotten old only for holier-than-thou liberals who feel they know what's best for the regular guy. It's this elitist, paternalistic attitude that comes across so often with liberal democrats and is personified in John Kerry. You can come from money and power and not act like a priviledged douche. Bush has done that, and that's why most "regular folks" like his style.

RunTheBall

And in terms of judging Bush by his speaking style - that's really one of the few things he has going for him, or had. His "just plain folks" style played well in the early days but has gotten old.

When I think of Bush's speaking style, I don't think about anything other than the speech he gave nine or ten days after 9/11. That was a great speech, given by a person who is NOT going to sit back and wait for something like that to happen again.

Kerry had his chance at the convention...and he blew it with his very first words.

You suggest that one's charisma is NOT a reason to vote for someone, but you know what? That's what people vote for. You may not like it, but you better try to understand it, or more importantly...your candidate should try to understand that. He also needs to stop running his own campaign.

But none of that matters to you, apparently. When Kerry loses, you can tell everyone how stupid they were for picking Bush.

That's right, call names when you get caught with your butt swinging in the breeze.  I take back nothing - looking back over history one can see some pretty uninspiring characters, seemingly, accomplishing great things.  It was fortunate that they weren't summarily dismissed because they failed to arouse the masses with their speaking style.  As if it's their job to be amusing and inspiring.  Look inside for that, not to someone else, you pathetic little people.

Who dismissed Kerry for being uninspiring? Not me. I just said he was uninspiring as a public speaker, and he is.

And who called you a "name." I made an observation about your character.

If it has wings, webbed feet and flies it's a duck.  I don't give a rat's ass who you voted for in 2000, you can't hide behind that.  I've seen numbers of your posts and you're not particularly liberal.  And I never mentioned ANY party - YOU are the one who's got the tunnel vision.  I merely commented on the error one makes in judgement on superficialities.

Actually, you did say I was a neocon, so you did mention a party... But I know you can't handle the facts, so forget about that.

Public speaking and charisma, for a politician, are actually important. Are you not capable of accepting that?

Here on PPP superficialities rule though.  My momma always told me that petty people are obsessed with superficial things and as usual she was right.

Thank you for citing a source. It's the first time I've seen you do it.

And in terms of judging Bush by his speaking style - that's really one of the few things he has going for him, or had. His "just plain folks" style played well in the early days but has gotten old.  Real old.  A little presidential formality is sometimes callered for.  But while his tendency to lounge on the podium and say stupid things is annoying, it's his damaging policies and arrogance administrative actions that are far more irritating.

I agree with this entire paragraph, except that I never found Bush particularly engaging as a public speaker.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I'mmmmmm  baaaaaack....Hurricane Ivan was no match for me...seriously...being without power and cable for a week sucked...but I'm back in NY now for 6 weeks. 

Now on to the subject.  I think what really turns me off and a lot of other off about Kerry is the "I'm smarter than you" attitude he comes accross as having. It's almost like he thinks he's royalty or something. Him and his wife have this arrogance about them that I just can stand.

45084[/snapback]

That's the typical attitude from a person from Taxachusetts; I am not suprised at all :flirt:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Bush's "just plain folks" speaking style has gotten old only for holier-than-thou liberals who feel they know what's best for the regular guy. It's this elitist, paternalistic attitude that comes across so often with liberal democrats and is personified in John Kerry. You can come from money and power and not act like a priviledged douche. Bush has done that, and that's why most "regular folks" like his style.

RunTheBall

45352[/snapback]

Ohh, and I supposed smooth talking used car salesman is the style that everyone wants?

PLEASE.

Just plain folks to me reminds me of my New England home... the dairy farmer who knows what's going on throughout the area and tells it like it is, the store owner who knows you every time you comes in and genuinely asks you how you are doing, examples like that, NOT some used car salesman type from Texas who tells you it runs great, and it has a lot of good miles, and will guarantee it for 4 years, but in the end takes your money and gives you the biggest lemon on the lot. I REFUSED to buy the act in 2000, and I REALLY REFUSE to buy it now.

P.S. A prime example of a smooth talker, as well as someone who got us into a war that took us forever to get out of... Lyndon Johnson. The parallels are STAGGERING, people! Forget party; WMD=Gulf of Tonkin!!!!