Norm Chow on Reggie Bush

Chilly

He's going to end up broken into lotsa little pieces and the team that wastes a high pick on him is going to be very sorry.  Trust me.

I wouldn't compare Young to Jones because their situations aren't the same.  Texas was loaded and played a pretty easy schedule.  I'd love to have seen a matchup with OSU at the end of the season, instead of opening weekend.  I have a feeling it would have been alot different.

611550[/snapback]

That is probably on a lot of teams' minds. However, there is something about Young that I haven't seen in a while. It's a swagger and he makes the plays to win, whether passing or running. Texas wasn't a great offensive team this year by any means. Young is better than Vick and I truly believe that he is gonna be a very special player. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Nice arguing with you though. :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is probably on a lot of teams' minds.  However, there is something about Young that I haven't seen in a while.  It's a swagger and he makes the plays to win, whether passing or running.  Texas wasn't a great offensive team this year by any means.  Young is better than Vick and I truly believe that he is gonna be a very special player.  I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  Nice arguing with you though.   :lol:

611552[/snapback]

"Texas wasn't a great offensive team this year." Did you actually say this?

Sep 3 La.-Lafayette Won 60-3

Sep 10 @Ohio St. Won 25-22

Sep 17 Rice Won 51-10

Oct 1 @Missouri Won 51-20

Oct 8 Oklahoma Won 45-12

Oct 15 Colorado Won 42-17

Oct 22 Texas Tech Won 52-17

Oct 29 @Oklahoma St. Won 47-28

Nov 5 @Baylor Won 62-0

Nov 12 Kansas Won 66-14

Nov 25 @Texas A&M Won 40-29

Dec 3 @Colorado Won 70-3

Oh yeah, Vince Young went 30 for 40 for 267 yards against "the greatest team ever"- no picks.

Hmmm, what else?

Oh yeah 200 yards rushing on top of that! :D

Does this mean he is guaranteed to be an NFL success? Of course not. There are no guarantees.

"Texas wasn't a great offensive team this year."    Did you actually say this?

Sep 3 La.-Lafayette Won 60-3

Sep 10 @Ohio St. Won 25-22

Sep 17 Rice Won 51-10

Oct 1 @Missouri Won 51-20

Oct 8 Oklahoma Won 45-12

Oct 15 Colorado Won 42-17

Oct 22 Texas Tech Won 52-17

Oct 29 @Oklahoma St. Won 47-28

Nov 5 @Baylor Won 62-0

Nov 12 Kansas Won 66-14

Nov 25 @Texas A&M Won 40-29

Dec 3 @Colorado Won 70-3

611564[/snapback]

Ha, that doens't look good huh? :D But what I should have said was that, take Vince Young off that team, how good are they? I don't believe that have any 1 st round talent in the skill positions. David Thomas is a good player at TE (a guy I won't mind on the Bills) but he is going to be a later round pick. I could be wrong about their skill players, but Young at times would carry that team.

Ha, that doens't look good huh?  :D  But what I should have said was that, take Vince Young off that team, how good are they?  I don't believe that have any 1 st round talent in the skill positions.  David Thomas is a good player at TE (a guy I won't mind on the Bills) but he is going to be a later round pick.  I could be wrong about their skill players, but Young at times would carry that team.

611571[/snapback]

Our stable of running backs was incredible all season last year.

All of our Offensive players at WR are extremely young, and our running backs are also young.

Our stable of running backs was incredible all season last year.

All of our Offensive players at WR are extremely young, and our running backs are also young.

611574[/snapback]

My whole point was trying to argue for how good Vince Young was. I could have use some help. Where were you? :D

I could be wrong about this, but isn't Levy Jewish? :D

611510[/snapback]

This was left hanging in the air like a sausage..

Yes, I believe the Marvelous one is one of the Chosen People. Therefore I will take the liberty of ammending the previous hyperbolic reference:

He could grow a beard and change is name to Moses and Levy would still pass on him.

He could grow a beard and change is name to Moses and Levy would still pass on him.

611578[/snapback]

We might need Moses to make our O-line look good.

Still, I don't think it would work out. Sure the holes would be big, but dragging those stone tablets around to team meetings would be, well, a drag. Plus, the whole "I ran that play because God told me to, up on the mountain" thing would surely rub some players the wrong way. And would the Lombardi trophy count as a graven image?

I know this is controversial, but, Marv, I'm begging you please, pass on Moses.

kj

The Young bashing makes me laugh. He has some flaws and quirks, but this guy will be better than Leinart and Cutler. Of course I'm not interested because I think JPL will be better than Leinart and Cutler, and we need help in the trenches.

The Young bashing makes me laugh.  He has some flaws and quirks, but this guy will be better than Leinart and Cutler.  Of course I'm not interested because I think JPL will be better than Leinart and Cutler, and we need help in the trenches.

611630[/snapback]

Thanks for not exploding my head.

This was left hanging in the air like a sausage..

Yes, I believe the Marvelous one is one of the Chosen People.  Therefore I will take the liberty of ammending the previous hyperbolic reference:

611578[/snapback]

my head won't explode....but I do feel a warm runny sensation moving down my leg.

Yeah, but at least he'll be MY QB.  :D

611486[/snapback]

Simply....Vince Young? Heck NO!!!! Poor throwing motion, questionable accuracy...It all points to falling stock in the draft. Despite being a great college competitor, this guy is not who we want or need at this point.

Simply....Vince Young? Heck NO!!!! Poor throwing motion, questionable accuracy...It all points to falling stock in the draft. Despite being a great college competitor, this guy is not who we want or need at this point.

611655[/snapback]

Yeah, because we have enough leaders on Offense that we don't need one more. :D

It was reported (and I'm too lazy to find the link) that Young had actually had to hire help with his accuracy for the workouts, because he was throwing so poorly.

Now, its "rumored" over on BZ that Mr. Young has scored an outstanding 6 on the old Wonderlic test.

Sorry Bluefire, but Young is NOT what we need. He may not be what anyone needs. May be a great guy, but he won't be a QB of note, other than for failing.

It was reported (and I'm too lazy to find the link) that Young had actually had to hire help with his accuracy for the workouts, because he was throwing so poorly.

Now, its "rumored" over on BZ that Mr. Young has scored an outstanding 6 on the old Wonderlic test.

Sorry Bluefire, but Young is NOT what we need. He may not be what anyone needs. May be a great guy, but he won't be a QB of note, other than for failing.

611720[/snapback]

That "rumor" is from PFT.com which is the best source for news, bar none.

Oh, and yeah, Any link thats too hard to get must be true. :D

We might need Moses to make our O-line look good. 

Still, I don't think it would work out.  Sure the holes would be big, but dragging those stone tablets around to team meetings would be, well, a drag.  Plus, the whole "I ran that play because God told me to, up on the mountain" thing would surely rub some players the wrong way.  And would the Lombardi trophy count as a graven image?

I know this is controversial, but, Marv, I'm begging you please, pass on Moses.

kj

611604[/snapback]

:D:lol::lol: