Well, I took a little field trip.....

sven233

Well, in my never-ending quest to find even a glimmer of hope that D'BRICK will somehow get to us, I took a little field trip to some other message boards for the following teams:

NY JETS

GB PACKERS

SAN FRAN 49ERS

OAK RAIDERS

There was a lot of interesting information on those boards. And, while I still believe that it will be virtually IMPOSSIBLE for D"BRICK to fall to us, there might be a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SLIM chance. Here is what I was finding.

NY JETS

Well, this, I believe is the toughest team for D'BRICK to get past. There is a lot of talk about Cutler here, and I think that may be our only hope. We have to hope and pray to God that Cutler lights it up this weekend and the combine. I really see NO taking Leinart and TEN taking Young. I just see that breaking down that way at the end of the day. This leaves the Jets with Cutler or D'BRICK. Now, there is a small chance that Hawk goes here, but that is most likely not happening. In the end, the Jets will probably take D'BRICK, but if not, there may that GLIMMER of hope i was looking for. That is because I see the following happening with the other teams.

GB PACKERS

There really isn't too much debate here, at least on their message board, that they want to get Hawk or Williams. It seems as though most believe that Hawk will be the pick here, but it could definately be Williams......either way, there seems to be no talk of D'BRICK at all. Not even a mention. They want defense and look to be heading in that direction. That leads us into.....

SAN FRAN 49ERS

They seem to really want Hawk. There seems to be talk that they will take whoever GB doesn't choose. They want Hawk, but could be willing to take Williams although there are rumors that they may want to trade out of that spot if Hawk is not there. There were some that were calling for D'BRICK here, but to be honest, they just spent a fortune on Jennings last year. I can't see them taking him if he is there, but this is the first mention of D'BRICK since the Jets at #4. With that said, I think he would slide by the 49ers here because they REALLY need defensive help. Huff may be considered here as well, but if Hawk is here, he will be the pick. So, that lease us just 1 more team before our spot.

OAK RAIDERS

Here is where it gets a little interesting. Not so much in the fact that they want D'BRICK, because I don't think they do, but they really want Super Mario here. HOWEVER, there is a TON of talk over there about another defensive player that will be available at this pick......none other that Haloti Ngata! They are VERY high on him now and there is talk that if he performs well this weekend, he might get the nod here. Seems as though Al Davis loves this kind of player and will not pass him up if he is there and Super Mario is gone. That will probably anger a lot of Bills' fans here as he seems to be the pick that most everyone here wants. He is a solid pick, but it doesn't look as though he will make it to #8 is Super Mario is already gone. That would be a little rough for us because if all these players are gone, we are looking at Safety or Corner.......Huff maybe?

Well, I guess I accomplished what I want on my little field trip. I found that GLIMMER of hope, but it is just that...........a glimmer........I virtually guarantee that he will not be there. He is too good a player to slip that far. Even if he gets past the Jets, teams WILL trade up to get him......D'BRICK won't be there. But, in a perfect world where the Bills catch all the breaks, the draft would look like this (barring any trades)........

1. HOU - Bush

2. NO - Leinart

3. TEN - Young

4. NY - Cutler

5. GB - Williams

6. SAN FRAN - Hawk

7. OAK - Ngata

8. BUF - D'BRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the only way it can happen. I am dreaming, but in a perfect world, this is how the 2006 NFL Draft would play out. There is only 1 sleight problem.......the world is not perfect and the Bills ALWAYS GET SCREWED!!!!! The Bills NEVER CATCH A BREAK!

But hey, a guy can dream..........THERE IS JUST NOW WAY THIS DREAM COMES TRUE.......

Oh well........should be used to it by now being a Bill's fan for the last 27 years...........

Maybe someday!

Well, in my never-ending quest to find even a glimmer of hope that D'BRICK will somehow get to us, I took a little field trip to some other message boards for the following teams:

NY JETS

GB PACKERS

SAN FRAN 49ERS

OAK RAIDERS

There was a lot of interesting information on those boards.  And, while I still believe that it will be virtually IMPOSSIBLE for D"BRICK to fall to us, there might be a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SLIM chance.  Here is what I was finding. 

NY JETS

Well, this, I believe is the toughest team for D'BRICK to get past.  There is a lot of talk about Cutler here, and I think that may be our only hope.  We have to hope and pray to God that Cutler lights it up this weekend and the combine.  I really see  NO taking Leinart and TEN taking Young.  I just see that breaking down that way at the end of the day.  This leaves the Jets with Cutler or D'BRICK.  Now, there is a small chance that Hawk goes here, but that is most likely not happening.  In the end, the Jets will probably take D'BRICK, but if not, there may that GLIMMER of hope i was looking for.  That is because I see the following happening with the other teams.

GB PACKERS

There really isn't too much debate here, at least on their message board, that they want to get Hawk or Williams.  It seems as though most believe that Hawk will be the pick here, but it could definately be Williams......either way, there seems to be no talk of D'BRICK at all.  Not even a mention.  They want defense and look to be heading in that direction.  That leads us into.....

SAN FRAN 49ERS

They seem to really want Hawk.  There seems to be talk that they will take whoever GB doesn't choose.  They want Hawk, but could be willing to take Williams although there are rumors that they may want to trade out of that spot if Hawk is not there.  There were some that were calling for D'BRICK here, but to be honest, they just spent a fortune on Jennings last year.  I can't see them taking him if he is there, but this is the first mention of D'BRICK since the Jets at #4.  With that said, I think he would slide by the 49ers here because they REALLY need defensive help.  Huff may be considered here as well, but if Hawk is here, he will be the pick.  So, that lease us just 1 more team before our spot.

OAK RAIDERS

Here is where it gets a little interesting.  Not so much in the fact that they want D'BRICK, because I don't think they do, but they really want Super Mario here.  HOWEVER, there is a TON of talk over there about another defensive player that will be available at this pick......none other that Haloti Ngata!  They are VERY high on him now and there is talk that if he performs well this weekend, he might get the nod here.  Seems as though Al Davis loves this kind of player and will not pass him up if he is there and Super Mario is gone.  That will probably anger a lot of Bills' fans here as he seems to be the pick that most everyone here wants.  He is a solid pick, but it doesn't look as though he will make it to #8 is Super Mario is already gone.  That would be a little rough for us because if all these players are gone, we are looking at Safety or Corner.......Huff maybe?

Well, I guess I accomplished what I want on my little field trip.  I found that GLIMMER of hope, but it is just that...........a glimmer........I virtually guarantee that he will not be there.  He is too good a player to slip that far.  Even if he gets past the Jets, teams WILL trade up to get him......D'BRICK won't be there.  But, in a perfect world where the Bills catch all the breaks, the draft would look like this (barring any trades)........

1.  HOU - Bush

2.  NO - Leinart

3.  TEN - Young

4.  NY - Cutler

5.  GB - Williams

6.  SAN FRAN - Hawk

7.  OAK - Ngata

8.  BUF - D'BRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the only way it can happen.  I am dreaming, but in a perfect world, this is how the 2006 NFL Draft would play out.  There is only 1 sleight problem.......the world is not perfect and the Bills ALWAYS GET SCREWED!!!!!  The Bills NEVER CATCH A BREAK!

But hey, a guy can dream..........THERE IS JUST NOW WAY THIS DREAM COMES TRUE.......

Oh well........should be used to it by now being a Bill's fan for the last 27 years...........

Maybe someday!

611201[/snapback]

I could also see Cutler going to the Raiders. I know it was from PFT.com, but it was rumored that the Raiders aren't too happy with Kerry Collins. And we all know that Al Davis loves to pass the ball.

Would've been an easier sell before the Jets cut Fabini. With Mawae and Kendall possibly following him out the door, and all this taking place a year after they let their other OT (Kareem McKenzie) get away, I have to think they'll be looking OL early and often.

Would've been an easier sell before the Jets cut Fabini. With Mawae and Kendall possibly following him out the door, and all this taking place a year after they let their other OT (Kareem McKenzie) get away, I have to think they'll be looking OL early and often.

611206[/snapback]

I agree completely.......that is why when push comes to shove.......unfortunately for us, we will be playing D'BRICK at least 2 times a year for the next 12 years.....

Just think.......if we hadn't beat Cinci.........we would have been picking 4th!

That win may have cost us a FRANCHISE LT for the next 12 years....

Like I said earlier...the Bills can never catch a break! They even win when they shouldn't! HA! Now, I will never root against the Bills. I want them to win all the time. But you can't help but think that we wouldn't even be having this conversation if that Cinci game goes the other way. Oh well, GO BILLS!!

One more thought on this: don't bet the house on Houston staying put and taking Reggie Bush. They may or may not think DaBrick is worthy of the #1 pick, but they could pull the same kind of deal San Diego did a few years ago -- let someone else in the top 5 trade up in to take the "must-have" guy (Atlanta/Michael Vick), still end up with a pretty good player (Tomlinson), and add a couple of extra picks/players in the process.

(And yeah, calling LT 'pretty good' was sarcasm. Sorry, Willis, but I'd take Tomlinson as my #1 RB any day.)

Gary Kubiak was on NFLnet Total Access last night. Rich Eisen asked him about RBush; Kuby talked about him a little, then mentioned two other players: Vince Young (the hometown favorite) and "the tackle". Consider, also, that Kubiak spent most of the last 20 years with the Broncos -- who haven't used a #1 pick on a RB since Steve Sewell.

One more thought on this: don't bet the house on Houston staying put and taking Reggie Bush. They may or may not think DaBrick is worthy of the #1 pick, but they could pull the same kind of deal San Diego did a few years ago -- let someone else in the top 5 trade up in to take the "must-have" guy (Atlanta/Michael Vick), still end up with a pretty good player (Tomlinson), and add a couple of extra picks/players in the process.

(And yeah, calling LT 'pretty good' was sarcasm. Sorry, Willis, but I'd take Tomlinson as my #1 RB any day.)

Gary Kubiak was on NFLnet Total Access last night. Rich Eisen asked him about RBush; Kuby talked about him a little, then mentioned two other players: Vince Young (the hometown favorite) and "the tackle". Consider, also, that Kubiak spent most of the last 20 years with the Broncos -- who haven't used a #1 pick on a RB since Steve Sewell.

611307[/snapback]

This thought has crossed my mind more than onec. If ever a year where a "shocker" could take place, this may be the year. Houston does need OL help more than anything, however, in the end I think they bow to the pressure and pick up Bush. But yeah, I agree with you, it could happen and by no means am I as certain as most are that Bush is going to Houston.

But, like I said, even if D'BRICK gets by the Jests, it will still be very difficult to get him because there will be teams looking to trade up to get him. He is top 5 talent. Might even be the best player in the draft........that's right, the BEST player in the draft and I just can't see him getting to #8.

Your forgetting one thing:

The "Drew Brees Factor". Tennesee or NY could be a player for him and save that #1 for other needs or trade it off for other players and picks.

611244[/snapback]

I really don't think NY will be a player for Breese at all. They are WAY over the cap and Breese is going to be comanding TOP dollare, despite the injury. Unless they trade Abe, which could happen. But even then, with having the 4th overall pick to sign and have a lot of holes to fill, I just can't see then shelling out the huge money that Breese will get.

Tennesee is another team that I don't see getting involved. They will draft a QB. I can't see them signing a guy like Breese. Also, I still see McNair staying there. Again, that helps the Bills in this quest!

I have read the team most interested in Brees are the Dolphins.

Bush may very well not be the first pick as he weighed 201 at the combine when reports had he coming in at the 210 range. Durabilityis a concern. Even Norm Chow, his college OC remarked that Bush will find out in the NFL, everyone is fast.

I also think running backs are not the once in a lifetime type of player they were 10 years ago. See Shaun Alexander, Edge, Droughns looking for contracts. Further, look at the struggles Cedic Benson had as top 5 pick. If Houston could take Brick and sign the Edge isn't that better than picking Bush. I think Houston badly wants a package.

NY JETS

GB PACKERS

SAN FRAN 49ERS

OAK RAIDERS

There was a lot of interesting information on those boards.  And, while I still believe that it will be virtually IMPOSSIBLE for D"BRICK to fall to us, there might be a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY SLIM chance.  Here is what I was finding. 

NY JETS

Well, this, I believe is the toughest team for D'BRICK to get past.  There is a lot of talk about Cutler here, and I think that may be our only hope.  We have to hope and pray to God that Cutler lights it up this weekend and the combine.  I really see  NO taking Leinart and TEN taking Young.  I just see that breaking down that way at the end of the day.  This leaves the Jets with Cutler or D'BRICK.  Now, there is a small chance that Hawk goes here, but that is most likely not happening.  In the end, the Jets will probably take D'BRICK, but if not, there may that GLIMMER of hope i was looking for.  That is because I see the following happening with the other teams.

GB PACKERS

There really isn't too much debate here, at least on their message board, that they want to get Hawk or Williams.  It seems as though most believe that Hawk will be the pick here, but it could definately be Williams......either way, there seems to be no talk of D'BRICK at all.  Not even a mention.  They want defense and look to be heading in that direction.  That leads us into.....

SAN FRAN 49ERS

They seem to really want Hawk.  There seems to be talk that they will take whoever GB doesn't choose.  They want Hawk, but could be willing to take Williams although there are rumors that they may want to trade out of that spot if Hawk is not there.  There were some that were calling for D'BRICK here, but to be honest, they just spent a fortune on Jennings last year.  I can't see them taking him if he is there, but this is the first mention of D'BRICK since the Jets at #4.  With that said, I think he would slide by the 49ers here because they REALLY need defensive help.  Huff may be considered here as well, but if Hawk is here, he will be the pick.  So, that lease us just 1 more team before our spot.

OAK RAIDERS

Here is where it gets a little interesting.  Not so much in the fact that they want D'BRICK, because I don't think they do, but they really want Super Mario here.  HOWEVER, there is a TON of talk over there about another defensive player that will be available at this pick......none other that Haloti Ngata!  They are VERY high on him now and there is talk that if he performs well this weekend, he might get the nod here.  Seems as though Al Davis loves this kind of player and will not pass him up if he is there and Super Mario is gone.  That will probably anger a lot of Bills' fans here as he seems to be the pick that most everyone here wants.  He is a solid pick, but it doesn't look as though he will make it to #8 is Super Mario is already gone.  That would be a little rough for us because if all these players are gone, we are looking at Safety or Corner.......Huff maybe?

Well, I guess I accomplished what I want on my little field trip.  I found that GLIMMER of hope, but it is just that...........a glimmer........I virtually guarantee that he will not be there.  He is too good a player to slip that far.  Even if he gets past the Jets, teams WILL trade up to get him......D'BRICK won't be there.  But, in a perfect world where the Bills catch all the breaks, the draft would look like this (barring any trades)........

1.  HOU - Bush

2.  NO - Leinart

3.  TEN - Young

4.  NY - Cutler

5.  GB - Williams

6.  SAN FRAN - Hawk

7.  OAK - Ngata

8.  BUF - D'BRICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the only way it can happen.  I am dreaming, but in a perfect world, this is how the 2006 NFL Draft would play out.  There is only 1 sleight problem.......the world is not perfect and the Bills ALWAYS GET SCREWED!!!!!  The Bills NEVER CATCH A BREAK!

Maybe someday!

611201[/snapback]

that was a good post, thanks for the research, i guess theres also a pretty slim chance ngata falls to us. Looks like now we have between S Huff and TE Davis. I really dont see any other player of consequence at this spot.

Unfortunately, unlike with Tom Donahoe, other team's GMs do not make personnel decisions based on their fan's message boards, so it's really irrelevant what has been discovered on the boards. Nor does Marv Levy give a rat's ass about what is on this message board -- and that is probably a good thing.

Yeah, it looks as though both Ngata and D'BRICK will be gone at that choice. Although thiere will be some great players at the 8th pick, it seems as though there are 7 TOP choices. After that there is a sleight drop off (especially for the Bills' needs). I guess if that happens, Huff would be the guy.

For one of the top players to fall to the Bills at #8, 3 QB's have to go in the top-7.  Hopefully Vince Young wows them on his Pro Day because it sounds like his stock is taking a nosedive.

611580[/snapback]

Totally right.......3 QBs have to go. I suppose there could be a huge surprise, but those usually don't start happening until the 10th pick. For us to get one of those top 7 studs, I really believe that 3 QBs must go.

Actually I'll add Vernon Davis as a top player.  There were concerns about his height, with some thinking he was 6'1".  He actually measured 6'3-3/4" and 254#!  If he runs fast (some reports have him at 4.40!), he'll be a great prospect.

611625[/snapback]

I like Davis A LOT!!! I think he will be a FANTASTIC TE. However, I just don't know if the Bills would draft a TE this high. They drafted Everett last year and he is a great prospect. I know he was injured and there are going to be some questions until you actually see him play, but I think, even with the injury, with him being on this team, I don't think Davis would be considered by us.

However, if D'BRICK and Ngata are both gone, I would love to see us get Davis. He has very rare ability and would create matchup problems all over the field. Just don't know if the Bills are in a position to take him though even with the Everett injury.

I like Davis A LOT!!!  I think he will be a FANTASTIC TE.  However, I just don't know if the Bills would draft a TE this high.  They drafted Everett last year and he is a great prospect.  I know he was injured and there are going to be some questions until you actually see him play, but I think, even with the injury, with him being on this team, I don't think Davis would be considered by us. 

However, if D'BRICK and Ngata are both gone, I would love to see us get Davis.  He has very rare ability and would create matchup problems all over the field.  Just don't know if the Bills are in a position to take him though even with the Everett injury.

They're saying that Davis is a WR in a TE's body. I'd try playing him out wide and Everett in the slot. Again that's IF the other players are gone, they can't move up or down, and they've addressed the lines in FA.

I just hope the rumors of Young's stock falling hard is not true......We need 3 QBs to go in the top 7. As much as I like Davis, I don't want to draft him if at all possible. It is not a knock on him, it is just that we have MUCH more pressing needs than TE.