D'Brickenshaw Ferguson falls to Bills?

slothrop

On espn.com's Truth&Rumors site the following was reported:

The belief in league circles is that Jets coach Eric Mangini and general manager Mike Tannenbaum are targeting Vanderbilt's Jay Cutler with the fourth overall pick. Such a move would coincide with signing a second-tier veteran -- Aaron Brooks, Jon Kitna, Brian Griese and Sage Rosenfels are possibilities -- and almost certainly would spell the end of Chad Pennington's career as a Jet.

-- Newsday

If this is true, is there a chance Ferguson will fall to the Bills? Most mock draft's I have seen had the Jets selecting Ferguson. I would be thrilled if we could get Ferguson. He is exactly what we need - a smart, athletic, pass blocking machine.

Here is how I see it...if he slides past the Jets, there is a very solid chance he falls to the Bills. However, that also means its more likely for another team below us to trade up and snatch him before he falls all the way to #8.

I will say this too...if the Jets take Cutler at #4, I will laugh...and laugh...and laugh.

Here is how I see it...if he slides past the Jets, there is a very solid chance he falls to the Bills.  However, that also means its more likely for another team below us to trade up and snatch him before he falls all the way to #8.

I will say this too...if the Jets take Cutler at #4, I will laugh...and laugh...and laugh.

608936[/snapback]

And the Jets' fans will boo...and boo...and boo!

Ferguson WILL NOT I repeat WILL NOT ever fall to the Bills.  This guy is toted as the best OT in a long time and will anchor any teams line for the next 10 years.  The Bills will have to trade up if they have any chance of getting him.

608980[/snapback]

Yeah, since Robert Gallery.

I agree he won't last but after the combine there is always a little reshuffling. Maybe AJ Hawk or Mario Williams fall instead.

Ferguson WILL NOT I repeat WILL NOT ever fall to the Bills.  This guy is toted as the best OT in a long time and will anchor any teams line for the next 10 years.  The Bills will have to trade up if they have any chance of getting him.

608980[/snapback]

Rule number one in the draft: NEVER say NEVER when it comes to a crap shoot like the NFL draft. Several years ago the same was said of Mckinney. It was this time of year when he was the next Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace. After further study, there were those that had their doubts, the Bills included. If the Jets take Cutler, he could easily slip several spots. The Packers likely will go Defense, The Raiders have Gallery, and SF signed Jonas Jennings. He could fall like a D'Brick!

Rule number one in the draft: NEVER say NEVER when it comes to a crap shoot like the NFL draft.  Several years ago the same was said of Mckinney. It was this  time of year when he was the next Jonathan Ogden or Orlando Pace.  After further study, there were those that had their doubts, the Bills included. If the Jets take Cutler, he could easily slip several spots.  The Packers likely will go Defense, The Raiders have Gallery, and SF signed Jonas Jennings.  He could fall like a D'Brick!

609120[/snapback]

The only problem is trades. If no one else does it first, San Fran will almost definately trade down if Ferg is still there. Of course, we could probably trade with them too, and it wouldn't cost much.

And I still say no friggin way in hell does he fall to 8....or 7 for that matter.

Or since Mike Williams

609017[/snapback]

I hate this - because Williams was a bust therefore it must follow that all top OL are busts? OR there is more risk drafting an OL high?

B.S.

If Ferguson falls to us and we don't take him I will go crazy!!!!!!!! There is no plausable reason for us not to take him. He would be the best player on the board and he fits our greatest need.

P.S. It is dumb to have all draft talk in this little forum.

I think 40 percent of those Jet loonies will boo just for the sake of booing..

608983[/snapback]

Clearly. Jets' fans booing is just a given.

BTW, why are Bills related discussions of potential draft picks moved to this board? Isn't that kinda, oh I don't know, EXTREME?