Hockey Fans:

Alaska Darin

I'm not sure if you have to have Center Ice to see it but every night on Direct TV Channel 764 they're showing "NHL On the Glass." So far it has been the 2003 Stanley Cup Finals between NJ and Anaheim using only "on ice" camera angles.

For people who've never been to an NHL game it shows just how fast and hard hitting the game really is. It's wicked cool.

I'm not sure if you have to have Center Ice to see it but every night on Direct TV Channel 764 they're showing "NHL On the Glass."  So far it has been the 2003 Stanley Cup Finals between NJ and Anaheim using only "on ice" camera angles. 

For people who've never been to an NHL game it shows just how fast and hard hitting the game really is.  It's wicked cool.

606551[/snapback]

Alaska, thanks for the heads up. When I was a kid me and a friend were given two gold seats at the old Maple Leaf Gardens. We didnt know but when we got there they were first row golds right on the glass in the corner. Not sure if you are familiar with that arena but with those tickets you are almost on the ice. You could actually touch the glass. Anyway, those seats gave you a new respect for the punishment pro hockey players endure. Especially defencemen. I remember one play Brian Glennie getting hammered into the glass face first right in front of me by some Atlanta Flame forward. Big blonde guy cant remember his name.

Best hockey seats I ever had in my life were front row, center ice behind the Hartford Whalers bench. I had the seat next to the corridor where the players exited between periods. Incredible! The Whale played the Caps that night and Grimson fought Chris Simon right in front of me- great fight! I watched the whole thing go down. Grimson sat on the bench the first two periods and was on the outside seat facing the Caps bench. He kept yelling over at the bench and would dose Simon with his water bottle everytime he was in the vicinity along the boards. Well sure enough in the third period the Caps scored, Simon took the ice and Stu got to play for the first time that game. Puck drops and seconds and Stu went right at Simon right in front of me. Nothing like hockey on the glass!