Pulling a "Jacobellis"

JCBoston

Here's a question: Is Jacobellis' blunder going to be considered by the American sports media to be bigger than Norwood's missed kick and will they finally leave Scott alone?

606497[/snapback]

It should be but probably won't be.

Norwood tried to do something very difficult and came up short.

Bill Buckner screwed up something routine and his team ended up losing.

Jacobellis had her competition won and lost because she wanted to show off.

A classic "Me" move.

It may be part of the sports' culture but in laymen's parlance the "Jacobellis" qualified as showboating and immaturity.

As for the "Jacobellis" bumping Norwood's "wide right" kick down a notch or two in the "agony of defeat" category, the answer is a definite no.

When snowboardcross eclipses NFL football on a mass scale then we may have something.

I don't think so. WTF?  Snowboard-o-cross? What is next,  Bob-sleigh-o-car? How about  Dual-Super-G-Paintball?  Ice-volleyball and Ice-handball seem to be missing too...

607201[/snapback]

How about ice basketball or snow tennis. I know some great courts near the old Castle Inn.

I don't think so. WTF?  Snowboard-o-cross? What is next,  Bob-sleigh-o-car? How about  Dual-Super-G-Paintball?  Ice-volleyball and Ice-handball seem to be missing too...

607201[/snapback]

Next Olympics they're going to have Snowboard Dancing. You know...for folks who can't do tricks on snowboards.

She was too overconfident.  But at least she had the guts the speak to reporters afterward.  You have to give her credit for doing that! :lol:

606612[/snapback]

She spoke to them, yes, but she also lied her butt off and said that she was trying to "stabilize my board" on the jump. Please...

If she were a football player, would Marv want her on his roster?

She spoke to them, yes, but she also lied her butt off and said that she was trying to "stabilize my board" on the jump. Please...

If she were a football player, would Marv want her on his roster?

607283[/snapback]

She had a much different tone when she spoke to Bob Costas later that night than when she spoke to reporters immediately after the hotdog. I regained a lot of respect for her when I had none at all after I originally saw it. I assume that is what LSI was talking about.