McNally talks O-line

Its going to be interesting- Mike Williams has never played on an offensive line with any amount of talent on it....maybe if we upgrade the talent, he wont look so bad.

606067[/snapback]

Yes he has. Villarial had some very good games in 04 when he wasn't banged up. In fact, CV was the only good RG on the Bills in the last decade. When CV was slowed by injuries, MW faltered considerably.

I am seriously thinking that MW is going to be cut, and soon.

Can we also bring cash/cap space into the equation?

If Peters starts at LT, he will probably be the lowest paid LT in the NFL. We all know how much LTs cost.

I think that Peters becoming a good LT would open numerous doors for the Buffalo Bills. If he proves that he can play, we will have a strong chance of locking him up to a long term deal during the season. We will also be able to focus on other positions of need such as DT and OG, and have more of an opportunity to take the "best player available."

I truly believe that Peters, due to his athletic ability, is more suited to the left side. I don't liken him to an Eric Williams/Bob Brown type of RT road grader, do you?

Imo, we need a break such as this. Think about it what we could accomplish if Peters and JP were able to excel at LT/QB. :doh:

As much as I complain, I think that the Buffalo Bills Football Team can turn itself around in 06. We need a free agent or 2, and a lucky break. Peters as a good NFL LT would be one hell of a start!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are plenty of kids out there who can be drafted to play RT. There are some good Guards as well.

606115[/snapback]

I agree with all of that. I have envisioned him on the left side ever since that NE game when he held out McGinness(sp?) really well.

Bill, your cash/cap space post is one of the best feel good optimisim posts I've read in a while. The $ at the highly paid positions of LT and QB(if they work out) give us the oportunity to really reap the benefits of attacking some other areas. We could definitly do some damage if both line interiors get fixed and these two (JP and JP) work out at QB and LT. Go get em' Marv!!!!!

Why do the bills make things so damn complicated.....

Peters has shown himself to be a good RT

Gandy is a Natural left guard

Preston is a natural center

Villy is a natural right guard

Bring in Jeff Backus for LT and LeBently in for center.....let Preston back up the lines as a multi position player

Why is this so hard to figure out?

605659[/snapback]

Apparently it all comes down to ego from management or the coaching staff. Preston has shown what he can do and yet we don't even give him a chance to compete for a freakin starting job. Why draft linemen if we won't bother to play them?

Bill, your cash/cap space post is one of the best feel good optimisim posts I've read in a while. The $ at the highly paid positions of LT and QB(if they work out) give us the oportunity to really reap the benefits of attacking some other areas. We could definitly do some damage if both line interiors get fixed and these two (JP and JP) work out at QB and LT. Go get em' Marv!!!!!

606135[/snapback]

LOL! I am not known on this board for optimism. :doh:

The thing is, we need something like this to happen in order to be a dominant football team. Imo, our entire philosophy went sour and MUST change.

The Buffalo Bills are a blue collar, cold weather football team with rabid fans. We need to play an ass kicking style of football and build a football team that is capable of doing so.

There are (imo) zero excuses for using top draft selections on the likes of Roscoe (Little Richard) Parrish, nor Everett when your football team is unable to block for a gifted athlete such as MaGahee. I think that it is time for the Bills management to take a close look at who their fans are. Imo, we are people who happily spend hard earned dollars to watch a strong team that represents the hard core working people of WNY, as well as our transplanted fans, and fanatics like me.

Hey, I will be watching a game (or 2) at RWS each and every year until the day I die. I am into the entire scene, win or lose.

That said, the time to focus on who we are and how to bring a winning football team to the great reigon of WNY is NOW!

I will never stop hoping, nor trying to think of ways for us to win.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill, you are a true Bills fan  :doh: .... and actually quite fair in most of your assessments.

606151[/snapback]

Coming from an astute and knowing Bils fan such as you, I take this as quite a compliment.

When the Bills reach their next superbowl, I will be not at the game but in WNY to watch it with Bills fans, and I will stay for the victory celebration.

This is from Steve Fairchilds Q & A

"I think we've addressed that already in the meetings that we've had. You've got to have athletic tackles and you need a physical inside three (guard, center, guard). I think the offensive line just sets a tone for your whole football team. We'll do everything we can to make it a strong unit."

In my opinion, Gandy and Peters are going to be our OT's since both are very Athletic, Im pretty sure they will keep them as they are. They will improve the inside of the OL though.