This team should be 2-0.

1billsfan

After hearing about the refs majorly screwing the Bills once again, there's no denying this. 8 points? How is this not being discussed on the NFL channel and Espn? How is it that these refs will be WORKING again? The NFL is begging for a game fixing scandal here (Does anyone remember the no-calls against the Pats in the Colts game?). I'm thinking the NFL may be steering the games to the teams that generate the most revenue. As for the first game, we all know how crazy lucky Jacksonville got. I don't know what the mood is in the locker room, but I would suspect this team wishes it were playing this week.

I'd love to see the team go out and win the games and not put the refs in the position where they can even be a factor. The blown opportunities, the 3 and outs, the sacks, the dropped passes, the missed blitz pickups, the poor pass protection, the missed tackles, and the poor pass coverage all get to me more than a few blown calls. The calls we had no control over.

I'd love to see the team go out and win the games and not put the refs in the position where they can even be a factor.  The blown opportunities, the 3 and outs, the sacks, the dropped passes, the missed blitz pickups, the poor pass protection, the missed tackles, and the poor pass coverage all get to me more than a few blown calls.  The calls we had no control over.

44277[/snapback]

Very well said. We shouldn't have to worry about a call or two, (or three) being what beats us. If TH finds a hole and runs in untouched it's a non-issue. It never should've been that close.

Guest Guest_Mike in SoFlo_*

I've been saying this for years starting with the "Just give it to em' game" at New England in '98. Then the Miami playoff debacle that same year. The league doesn't want the Bills to win...that's just the way it is. Everytime we make a big play, there's a call. You can always count on it. It's becoming too predictable. I don't enjoy it any more. Sad.

I'd love to see the team go out and win the games and not put the refs in the position where they can even be a factor.  The blown opportunities, the 3 and outs, the sacks, the dropped passes, the missed blitz pickups, the poor pass protection, the missed tackles, and the poor pass coverage all get to me more than a few blown calls.  The calls we had no control over.

44277[/snapback]

Yes the Bills didn't play all that great. That still doesn't mean they deserved to be bilked of 9 points at least, and possiby another 3-7. You can't always win pretty every weekend, especially in this day and age. The refs should NEVER be a factor in who wins or loses, but the problem is that they are, more than ever.

Guest Guest_Mike in SoFlo_*
Yes the Bills didn't play all that great.  That still doesn't mean they deserved to be bilked of 9 points at least, and possiby another 3-7.  You can't always win pretty every weekend, especially in this day and age.  The refs should NEVER be a factor in who wins or loses, but the problem is that they are, more than ever.

44284[/snapback]

Agreed. This game would have been much prettier with a 2 point safety and possibly another 3, 3 points min. off the punt return, and 7 points from the td. The score now reads 23-13 win. Sounds pretty to me. The fix is in...

Agreed. This game would have been much prettier with a 2 point safety and possibly another 3, 3 points min. off the punt return, and 7 points from the td. The score now reads 23-13 win. Sounds pretty to me. The fix is in...

44290[/snapback]

I really am trying to block out the entire Raiders game. Help me out. If Henry scores a TD, are the Bills even in a position to get a safety? Was the "safety" right after the 4th and goal stop?

I've been saying this for years starting with the "Just give it to em' game" at New England in '98. Then the Miami playoff debacle that same year. The league doesn't want the Bills to win...that's just the way it is. Everytime we make a big play, there's a call. You can always count on it. It's becoming too predictable. I don't enjoy it any more. Sad.

44283[/snapback]

Did you ever hear the conspiracy theory about SB XXV?? As soon as Norwood kicked the ball, the NFL turned on a device inside of the football that caused it to go right of the goal post! I also heard that the exact spot he kicked the ball from is a grassy knoll!

I kid you not! :devil:

44277[/snapback]

Unfortunately our style is the grind it out, win on defense variety. For the most part, every NFL game hinges on 3 to 5 key plays. I consider a 63 yard return, a safety and a touchdown those type of plays. This is why I'm extremely angry and I believe something fishy may be going on. Unless they will all of a sudden have the offense of the Rams of a few years ago, the refs making correct calls will effect most every Bill game this season.

What I may not be conveying to you all is that I too dislike the blown calls. Now, that said, I don't consider them THE reason the Bills are 0-2. Correct the problems on offense and give this team a shot at winning big. Without improvement there, there's not much hope of a title of any sort for this year's Bills. Again, my point is this: when I look to the reasons for a loss, the first thing that comes to mind, for me, is NOT blown calls. It's on the list, but after the other things I mentioned. It's not an 'either or' situation as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Guest_BillsinDallas_*

Maybe if the fans at rich stadium stormed the field and hung some of these bozos from a goal post the Bills would finally get a fair shake from the referees.

Maybe if the fans at rich stadium stormed the field and hung some of these bozos from a goal post the Bills would finally get a fair shake from the referees.

44343[/snapback]

Maybe if the Bills pounded the ball 2 yards into the end zone instead of barely breaking the plane, the ref wouldn't need to make a decision.

Maybe if the Bills could stop 3rd and 4th and long, the refs mistakes wouldn't matter.

Maybe if the Bills didn't turn the ball over in the red zone and could protect the passer, bogus holding calls would be the difference between winning an losing.

Maybe if the defense could turn the ball over on the road, the Bills fans wouldn't be crying about the refs.

Bad calls DO happen and will continue to happen, because like players, coaches, GMs, and owners, referees DO make mistakes.

Good teams overcome those mistakes. Bad teams use them as excuses.

I would be really disappointed with the Bills if the coaching staff spends 5 minutes discussing this instead of focusing on the real problems this team has.

It's time for these young guys to grow up. This style of gutless football needs to end now.

What I may not be conveying to you all is that I too dislike the blown calls.  Now, that said, I don't consider them THE reason the Bills are 0-2.

44325[/snapback]

I consider it's a major reason the Bills are 0-2 instead of 1-1. The game is about points scored versus points given up. How you get those points or give them is TOTALLY irrelevant since there are no stats for "ugly points" or "ugly play." The Bills lost 12 points (I'm counting Clements' punt return as a sure FG) and lost by 3. Sure they played ugly, but the Raiders despite playing "prettier" still were an inferior team that needed the refs to help them out. I can't put it any simpler than that. I see the point you are TRYING to make, but in the end the refs should NOT be determining the outcomes of games, EVER.

I would be really disappointed with the Bills if the coaching staff spends 5 minutes discussing this instead of focusing on the real problems this team has.

It's time for these young guys to grow up.  This style of gutless football needs to end now.

44367[/snapback]

I haven't heard any players or coaches comment on the bad calls. I think the coaching staff and players know that they have more problems than just referees. Yes, the bad calls cost us the game, but so did bad passes, dropped balls, lack of blocking and other bad penalties. If the Bills played better the outcome would not have been decided by the referees. I think they realize that and will worry about fixing what can be fixed.

Still, :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: refs!

I consider it's a major reason the Bills are 0-2 instead of 1-1.  The game is about points scored versus points given up.  How you get those points or give them is TOTALLY irrelevant since there are no stats for "ugly points" or "ugly play."  The Bills lost 12 points (I'm counting Clements' punt return as a sure FG) and lost by 3.  Sure they played ugly, but the Raiders despite playing "prettier" still were an inferior team that needed the refs to help them out.  I can't put it any simpler than that.  I see the point you are TRYING to make, but in the end the refs should NOT be determining the outcomes of games, EVER.

44370[/snapback]

We're at an impasse here.

You're right that the refs shouldn't affect the outcome of a game to that extent ever, but it still should never get to that point and it shouldn't be used as an excuse. Had we been better at moving the ball and putting points on the board, the refs were a non issue. That, to me, is the major problem. It does suck to come out on the wrong end of a call, but we need to get past it.

Again: score points, and you don't need to rely on getting the benefit of refs' calls. Plain and simple.

What I may not be conveying to you all is that I too dislike the blown calls.  Now, that said, I don't consider them THE reason the Bills are 0-2.  Correct the problems on offense and give this team a shot at winning big.  Without improvement there, there's not much hope of a title of any sort for this year's Bills.  Again, my point is this:  when I look to the reasons for a loss, the first thing that comes to mind, for me, is NOT blown calls.  It's on the list, but after the other things I mentioned.  It's not an 'either or' situation as far as I'm concerned.

44325[/snapback]

The Bills have definately helped in determining thier 0-2 fate. But the referees made errors that determined the outcome. The Bills will not be able to overcome referee incompetance like this anytime soon. They just do not have the offense to do this. We should never have to worry about the officiating or possible official bias. I started to think the NFL might be fixed during the Pats/Colts game. Then you see things like them giving th TD to TO in Philly on Monday night or our game. I'm seriously starting to believe the refs will screw the team that they feel is less marketable to the media outlets.

Unfortunately were 0-2 and not 2-0. When things are going right, the breaks seem to fall your way. When they aren't they don't. This team has had its chances to win but can't take advantage of it. We get in good position and then we shy away instead of stepping up and taking a stand. I hope that point gets emphazied during the bye week.

Unfortunately were 0-2 and not 2-0.  When things are going right, the breaks seem to fall your way.  When they aren't they don't.  This team has had its chances to win but can't take advantage of it.  We get in good position and then we shy away instead of stepping up and taking a stand.  I hope that point gets emphazied during the bye week.

44477[/snapback]

Exactamundo. Plays aren't being made when they need to be made, on both sides. It's not the officiating, folks, it's the 53 tin men wearing Bills unis who have to find some heart and overcome adversity.

Maybe if the Bills pounded the ball 2 yards into the end zone instead of barely breaking the plane, the ref wouldn't need to make a decision.

Maybe if the Bills could stop 3rd and 4th and long, the refs mistakes wouldn't matter.

Maybe if the Bills didn't turn the ball over in the red zone and could protect the passer, bogus holding calls would be the difference between winning an losing.

Maybe if the defense could turn the ball over on the road, the Bills fans wouldn't be crying about the refs.

Bad calls DO happen and will continue to happen, because like players, coaches, GMs, and owners, referees DO make mistakes.

Good teams overcome those mistakes.  Bad teams use them as excuses. 

It's time for these young guys to grow up.  This style of gutless football needs to end now.

44367[/snapback]

Wow. Could'nt have said that any better. Well done.