What should the Bills have done at QB

Orton's Arm

Using 20/20 hindsight, what should the Bills have done?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Using 20/20 hindsight, what should the Bills have done?

• Keep Bledsoe as starter, use would-be Losman picks on OL and DL
    • Sign Kelly Holcomb as starter, use would-be Losman picks on OL and DL
    • Sign Kurt Warner as starter, use would-be Losman picks on OL and DL
    • Trade up for Ben Roethlisberger
    • Draft Losman
    • Other (please explain)

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the research related stuff...I simply corrected you when you showed your ignorance in that area (Wonderlic scores, I believe).  That's no big crime (for either of us). 

IIRC, you were incapable of addressing the Wonderlic topic in a mature fashion. Instead of saying something like, "Hey buddy, a lot of the questions are knowledge-based, and you can study for them," you simply handed out a personal insult. You chose the vehicle of personal attack, instead of a more reasoned, information-based approach that could have moved the discussion forward.

Many people don't have the requisite knowledge to properly and intelligently discuss research design, results and application of the data.  However, you take it a bit to the extreme with your slavish devotion to data and stats you really don't understand.  Then you go beyond that when you try to devise your own system to quantify QB performance.  This is an area in which you are ignorant...not, stupid mind you...just ignorant.

How on earth do you know what I do or don't understand? Let me guess . . . disagreeing with you about something means I don't understand the underlying topic. As for my system to understand QB performance--no system is perfect, but you haven't explained why mine is any more flawed than most. Casually dismissing ideas without providing explanations is one of your more annoying and less useful behaviors.

Again, that doesn't make you a moron...it just makes you annoying and childish.

This is in sharp contrast to the deep maturity displayed by someone like yourself, who only argues through personal attack.

And, having a different of opinion than I do doesn't make you a tedious moron. 

I'm sorry, but that's not how you came across in the discussion about the Rooney Rule, and it's not how you come across in many other discussions. Maybe you're able to have reasonable discussions with Bill from NYC about topics that aren't near and dear to your heart. Good for you. But that doesn't excuse your arrogant, obnoxious, and inappropriate behavior at other times.

Also, I think most others here can vouch for my (overall) reasonable approach on most matters.

I can only speak for myself, but you've given me no reason to see you as a reasonable person. I don't think you've even tried.

IIRC, you were incapable of addressing the Wonderlic topic in a mature fashion. Instead of saying something like, "Hey buddy, a lot of the questions are knowledge-based, and you can study for them," you simply handed out a personal insult. You chose the vehicle of personal attack, instead of a more reasoned, information-based approach that could have moved the discussion forward.

How on earth do you know what I do or don't understand? Let me guess . . . disagreeing with you about something means I don't understand the underlying topic. As for my system to understand QB performance--no system is perfect, but you haven't explained why mine is any more flawed than most. Casually dismissing ideas without providing explanations is one of your more annoying and less useful behaviors.

This is in sharp contrast to the deep maturity displayed by someone like yourself, who only argues through personal attack.

I'm sorry, but that's not how you came across in the discussion about the Rooney Rule, and it's not how you come across in many other discussions. Maybe you're able to have reasonable discussions with Bill from NYC about topics that aren't near and dear to your heart. Good for you. But that doesn't excuse your arrogant, obnoxious, and inappropriate behavior at other times.

I can only speak for myself, but you've given me no reason to see you as a reasonable person. I don't think you've even tried.

609845[/snapback]

Dear Mr. Dean:

You're a doody-head.

Sincerely, Holcomb's Arm.

:devil::lol::lol:

You're confusing your own personal fantasies with reality. In other words, it's business as usual for you.

609897[/snapback]

Oh, that's right...Die Partei doesn't allow such deviance, particularly at the Nuremburg rallies.

You ARE still bitching about the judicial elite's racial agenda of marital genocide with material straight from Alfred Rosenberg and Voelkischer Beobachter

, of course...

Oh, that's right...Die Partei doesn't allow such deviance, particularly at the Nuremburg rallies.

You ARE still bitching about the judicial elite's racial agenda of marital genocide with material straight from Alfred Rosenberg and Voelkischer Beobachter

, of course...

609905[/snapback]

Wow! Two whole sentences without once mentioning the words "Ilya Ehrenburg" and "propaganda minister." I'm impressed. Maybe someday you'll be able to write three whole sentences without mentioning these things.

Wow! Two whole sentences without once mentioning the words "Ilya Ehrenburg" and "propaganda minister." I'm impressed. Maybe someday you'll be able to write three whole sentences without mentioning these things.

609910[/snapback]

I'd forgotten about that!

Geez...banned for a whole year for promoting Nazi philosophy on PPP...and the first thing you do when you get back is dig up ALL your old stupidity. What, you've been stewing over this for the past year? :devil:

I'd forgotten about that!

Geez...banned for a whole year for promoting Nazi philosophy on PPP...and the first thing you do when you get back is dig up ALL your old stupidity.  What, you've been stewing over this for the past year?  :devil:

609912[/snapback]

You're wrong, which is a habit of yours. YOU were the one who "dug up" my old PPP comments. All I did was point out that people choke when you walk into the room.

You've got to be the most hateful and anti-social person I know. People won't put up with you in real life, which is why you spend so much of your time here.

You're wrong, which is a habit of yours. YOU were the one who "dug up" my old PPP comments. All I did was point out that people choke when you walk into the room.

You've got to be the most hateful and anti-social person I know. People won't put up with you in real life, which is why you spend so much of your time here.

609920[/snapback]

:devil: Your last post before you were banned was Nazi propaganda, your first post back is insulting me...and I'm antisocial and hateful. What color is the sky in your world?

609920[/snapback]

:devil:  Your last post before you were banned was Nazi propaganda, your first post back is insulting me...and I'm antisocial and hateful. 

609934[/snapback]

Gentlemen, gentlemen. Could you please take this quarrel elsewhere? This had been a pretty good thread before this started happening. Or at least, it should have been a good thread. :lol:

Gentlemen, gentlemen. Could you please take this quarrel elsewhere? This had been a pretty good thread before this started happening. Or at least, it should have been a good thread. :lol:

609942[/snapback]

I guess the question becomes who would the Nazis have chosen as their QB? :devil:

609942[/snapback]

Sorry about that. CTM is one of the worst human beings I've ever known. But I can see why you don't want your thread hijacked by this. It would be terrible if this thread degenerated into personal insults and namecalling! :devil:

I'll find some other thread to deal with monkeyface.

Gentlemen, gentlemen. Could you please take this quarrel elsewhere? This had been a pretty good thread before this started happening. Or at least, it should have been a good thread. :devil:

609942[/snapback]

This was always a crappy thread. Now the stinky turd is on the table.