This is possibly getting way out of hand.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...n_john#20060215

Labor update: Things are dicey but looking better on the labor front. The latest word on negotiations is the high-revenue teams and low-revenue teams are continuing to go back and forth on revenue sharing plans. Conference calls are going on daily with hopes of getting some resolution in the next week. If there is no agreement by March 3, there will be no cap in 2007 and no draft in 2008. Talks between the owners and players continue to progress.

This is a scary situation. NO DRAFT POSSIBLY IN 2008. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? :doh: I hope they resolve this quickly.

What are your thoughts on this.

Wait until... oh, maybe midnight on March 2nd before you start to worry. I work in a union shop; our last three contract negotiations have all gone past the deadline. Nothing out of the ordinary...

With the success the NFL has had witth FA and teams getting better quicker i cant believe they havent agreed to a deal yet its the guys with all the money like jones and snyder who could ruin this league and still suck at the same time

Wait until... oh, maybe midnight on March 2nd before you start to worry. I work in a union shop; our last three contract negotiations have all gone past the deadline. Nothing out of the ordinary...

604508[/snapback]

But just in case, I propose we start trading away our 2008 draft picks now.

I think several teams which are way over cap and with over priced players on books want an uncapped year so they can dump without being penalized for it.

604520[/snapback]

True, that. But I would hopethat the majority of owners are wise enough to value the long-term success it will bring (look at how much the NFL's market share and earnings have jumped just since the cap was imposed) rather than the short-term ability to fix one's cap situation b/c you gave several players more money than they were worth..

You can, of course, cross Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones off this list out of hand.

It all comes down to the revenue sharing between the teams. That is going to be more difficult than the cap with the union. The good sign is that many of the owners and even the commish stayed back on the mainland and skipped the Pro-Bowl to work on revenue sharing this past weekend.

Or maybe that was just an excuse, so they would not HAVE to go to the Pro-Bowl.

but the NFL players might fight for once this time and I would not be one bit suprised to see problems down the line

604636[/snapback]

I would think that the NFLPA would look at what happened to MLB and the NHL in the most recent strikes in major sports. They both took a SERIOUS blow in revenues b/c people find it hard to relate to a guy who stays home from work b/c $12M/year isn't enough for him. MLB is only now getting to about 70-75 percent level; NHL is playing their games of on the friggin' OLN.

I would think that. But considering how everything about the NFL and NFLPA is "ME!ME!ME!"-oriented, making an assumption of common sense is skating on thin ice.