USA USA USA!!!!!

taterhill

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't really pay close attention to the game b/c I'm also trying to work (and had the TV on with no sound), but it looked like Irbe stood on his head for the 2nd half of the 3rd period to keep the US from taking the lead.

I couldn't really pay close attention to the game b/c I'm also trying to work (and had the TV on with no sound), but it looked like Irbe stood on his head for the 2nd half of the 3rd period to keep the US from taking the lead.

604278[/snapback]

Irbe is still around? Jesus. It had to be expected the US would come out sluggish but man they have to beat a team with Irbe in net. Not really sure who is on Latvia's team though. Good luck to the US. You guys are right though. I would be a little concerned if Canada had Grahme as their starter. Nothing against him but you need a top 10 NHL goalie to compete.

Irbe is still around? Jesus.  It had to be expected the US would come out sluggish but man they have to beat a team with Irbe in net. Not really sure who is on Latvia's team though. Good luck to the US. You guys are right though.  I would be a little concerned if Canada had Grahme as their starter. Nothing against him but you need a top 10 NHL goalie to compete.

604362[/snapback]

They had their chance to pick a top 10 goalie, and didn't. I'll still cheer for our red, white, and blue, but with the goalies they DID take, I'm not expecting much...

They had their chance to pick a top 10 goalie, and didn't. I'll still cheer for our red, white, and blue, but with the goalies they DID take, I'm not expecting much...

604405[/snapback]

I agree with you... If they don't medal, there will be alot of second guessing. Go USA, but hey with Hasek hurt, maybe the Sabres can get a Cup!!!

604405[/snapback]

lol

even if you had Jesus in nets, it would take more than that to stop the potent Canadiens :doh: