Officials Blow 3 Calls Cost Bills 12 points/win

Minimum 12 points on these bad calls.... what would we think if just one were not called....

http://rnews.com/Sports/TopSports_2004.cfm...e=39&category=3

"NFL: 3 Calls Go Against Bills

by Bill Pucko

Published Sep 23, 2004

The NFL responds to errors made by its officials so as to seem above reproach. Because every once in a while, you get a game, like the one the Bills played and lost in Oakland Sunday, that looks like it's been thrown.

The NFL prefers its officials to be bad, not dishonest.

According to WKBW-TV in Buffalo, the NFL came clean over three critical plays Sunday in Oakland. It admitted its officials blew the calls on Roland Williams' holding in the end zone, which would have led to a Bills safety.

The league also reportedly admitted error on the holding call assessed to the Bills' Mario Hagen on Nate Clements' 63-year punt return. The league said there was no hold on the return.

Last, but certainly not least, the league said Travis Henry's fourth and goal run should have been scored a touchdown. It was not. In that case, the Bills could have challenged the call, but chose not to.

WHile acknowledging mistakes by its officials, there is no recourse. The Bills still lose.

Buffalo is on a bye week. It plays Sunday, October 3 against the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots. "

I know I'm dreaming here, but I'd like to see someone get fired over this. Three errors in one game. That's unacceptable. Especially when you consider the millions of dollars on the line on these games. I know it's cliche to say it, but if anyone had made errors of that magnitude on the same day I'd dare say they'd be looking for a new job.

It's all over WGR. NFL has admitted the refs flat out F-ed up three calls- 2 for scores and a long punt return that would have been at least a FG. How can these a-holes miss basic calls? It happens over and over and over. The NFL is a joke because it lets this crap happen repeatedly. WHAT A F-IN Joke. The refs screw us again. Think of how different this week and next week would have been if it was at least a 22-13 win at Oakland as it should have been. 1-1 with a road win heading into the bye week. It would have been much different. I say send these refs to an Iraqi Prison for a month. These refs are old, part time, half blind, morons, They can't keep up with the speed of today's game. What a rip.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: REFEREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: US WITH THE JETS/SEAHAWKS 'HELMET=FOOTBALL", COULD HAVE PLAYED IN BUFFALO IN THE PLAYOFFS

YOU :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: US AGAINST NEW ENGLAND TWICE

YOU :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: US IN THE STANLEY CUP FINALS WHEN YOU IGNORED THE RULES

YOU :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: US AGAINST THE FLYERS WITH THAT NON-GOAL THROUGH THE NET

YOU :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: US IN OAKLAND

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: AND :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: AGAIN.

THERE. Now I feel MUCH better in saying this; how much longer can this go on, and how many times can one city's teams get the mega screw!?!?!??!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:devil:

I really wish the NFL would have kept their mouth shut about this...All it has done (to me personally, anyway) is make me more angry. There is no recourse, so basically the NFL is just saying "We screwed you again. Have a nice day." Why? Why does this need to be said? People definately thought we got somewhat boned Sunday, but we were ok with it because the Henry/goalline play wasn't challenged by us. The holding on the punt return was described as difficult to find, but no one really said it was flat out wrong. Most fans (and sportscasters) ended up agreeing that the officials made the right call on the safety play.

Now we get to have fresh wounds. Great...Thanks NFL. Why don't you go kick some cats or steal some baby's candy now.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  REFEREES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  US WITH THE JETS/SEAHAWKS 'HELMET=FOOTBALL", COULD HAVE PLAYED IN BUFFALO IN THE PLAYOFFS

YOU  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  US AGAINST NEW ENGLAND TWICE

YOU  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  US IN THE STANLEY CUP FINALS WHEN YOU IGNORED THE RULES

YOU  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  US AGAINST THE FLYERS WITH THAT NON-GOAL THROUGH THE NET

YOU  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  US IN OAKLAND

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  AND  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  AGAIN.

THERE. Now I feel MUCH better in saying this; how much longer can this go on, and how many times can one city's teams get the mega screw!?!?!??!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:devil:

44306[/snapback]

I still maintain that the 14 penalties, all at inopportune times, many phantom calls,

in our game against Philadelphia (an 0-2 large market team) last year, set this team off in its downward slide after a fantastic start.

In reviewing that tape it is the most egregious example of a game fix I have ever seen

I don't understand how they miss Chiefs players BLATANTLY block people in the back RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PLAY in a Dante Hall return and they call an admitted phantom hold NOWHERE NEAR the play against us the ONE time we get a return. 

How is that possible?

44380[/snapback]

The flag was thrown at the 35-yard line, which is where they kick-off from. It was likely an offsides by the Raiders but the kitty zebras probably didn't have the balls to call it and give the Bills the ball at the 11-yard line, so they made up a stevestojan holding call. Either that or they had money on the game.

The flag was thrown at the 35-yard line, which is where they kick-off from.  It was likely an offsides by the Raiders but the kitty zebras probably didn't have the balls to call it and give the Bills the ball at the 11-yard line, so they made up a stevestojan holding call.  Either that or they had money on the game.

44448[/snapback]

If they had money onm the game, they still lost. The spread was OAK -3.5

I'd like to care but I don't. The larger point is that the Bills played like stevestojan on Sunday, and a crappy team has no right to whine about bad calls. I'll B word about No Goal until the day I die, but last Sunday we deserved to lose, and we did.