what's wrong with Bledsoe?

frogger

I am trying to find what the reason is behind bledsoe's fall from being a Pro Bowler to one of the worse QBs in the league. I think he is having troubles with depth, maybe his perception is off. Which would explain the number of times a WR has been under thrown in what seems like an easy to complete pass by NFL QB standards. It also explains the dump off to Henry that was to high and caused an int. WRs are open, there is no way that 3 1st round WR can be covered (I consider Reed a 1st since he was projected there and he was drafted so early in the 2nd round) i feel that bledsoe isn't making those thows because he is afraid to under throw it or over throw it. think back when was the last time you saw bledsoe "place" a ball and not just wing it at an open WR, not including the strike to Evans how many out patterns has Bledsoe thrown. Compare him with other QBs and you'll see. I imagine getting hit so many times has a lot to do with it.

I believe this line is better than 2002, yet his numbers are not.

In a way that is why I really can't wait for Losman to return his ability to leave the pocket and head up field will cause nightmares to DCs, like McNabb does. causing more DLM to stay at home and LBs to cheat up.

Drew's current QB rating of 86.3 is 14th best in the league so far this year (a little above average), and is worse than only one of his previous full-year ratings (87.7 in 1997).

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1041

But, don't trust these stats. ...for those of you that just want to bash away, check these out: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1049 :devil:

IMHO ............ keeping in mind I am but a non-playing marginal fan ...... I think the problem with the Bills (notice I DIDN'T say problem with Bledsoe) is the overall team personality ........ or to be more accurate ..... the LACK of a team personality.

All of the negative aspects of Drews game as pointed out by the Bledsoe bashers (for the most part) exist ..... the catch is ..... every QB in the league has things they do well, and do poorly.

All of the negative aspects of Henrys game as pointed out by the Henry bashers for the most part exist ..... the catch once again ...... All RBs in the league have things they can and can't do.

All of the negatives of (fill in the blank) are true ...... yadda yadda yadda

The point IS, a team has to be built around a central "theme" ..... a team has to be a smash mouth run up the gut team ........ a quick cutting, slashing fast running team ....... a verticle streatch the field long ball passing team ........ a short pass dink and dunk kind of team ........ well you get the idea.

Our Bills team has not been built with any sence of purpose ...... our QB is a chuck and duck kind of guy (but that takes a certian type of blocking scheme) our running back is a run it down their throat kind of player (but that takes a different kind of blocking scheme). Or "future" RB is a slasher ...... our WRs are a mixture of Dink and dunk (Reed) ...... stretch the field ........ (Evans) and Moulds. our O-line is pretty much a hodge-podge big fat guys, smaller quick guys, run blockers pass blockers .... who the heck knows.

Someone needs to step up. Grab facemasks on the sidelines, throw helmets, get in the players faces and yell. They need a spark and someone to fire them up. They just seem so dead right now. Bledsoe showed a little spark with the news conference. Take it to the field and expand on that. FIRE THESE BOYS UP!!

A couple times now, I've heard about Drew taking a hit and "seeing yellow." WTF? That scares me.

Actually, I think it's a good sign that Drew is now starting to get angry and fired up. The last couple years, things would start to go bad and we'd see Drew all sad and quiet at the press conference. To me, that was the worst part about last season--the APATHY. And it spread like a mud puddle all over the offensive side of the ball.

O-line, it's that easy. If he has 8 seconds to through we are 2-0.

Jeff

44122[/snapback]

8 seconds? :devil:;)

LOL.....This ain't a rodeo. We'd be 2-0 with ME at QB if I got 8 seconds! An NFL QB has to be able to complete his throw within 3-4 seconds after the snap. A quick mind is more important than a big arm in the NFL.

I am trying to find what the reason is behind bledsoe's fall from being a Pro Bowler to one of the worse QBs in the league.

I think the trouble is that people are looking at it as a a very fast, slide that took just about a year (beginning of '03 to beginning of '04).

The thing is, that's not the case. Bledsoe has been on the decline (with a few short burst of production here and there) since the middle of '99. He was GREAT in the first half of that year, leading the team to a 6-2 record, and then fell apart in the second half, going 2-6 and finishing with more INTs than TDs. Minus his ridiculous start to '02, he's been bad ever since.

The first 6 game of '02 were an abberation. An amazing, incredibly productive abberation, but an abberation nonetheless.

8 seconds?  :devil:  ;)

LOL.....This ain't a rodeo.  We'd be 2-0 with ME at QB if I got 8 seconds!  An NFL QB has to be able to complete his throw within 3-4 seconds after the snap.  A quick mind is more important than a big arm in the NFL.

44427[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought the same thing. EIGHT SECONDS?!

In order to have 8 seconds on every throw, the defense would have to be in a prevent the whole game. No wait, scratch that. A 3-man-rush prevent could get there in 8 seconds. It'd have to be a one-man-rush.

Eight seconds?! If that's how muchtime a QB needs to be effective, then he needs to retire, because it is beyond absurd to ask an OL to give a QB even half that much time on every play.

8 seconds?  :devil:  ;)

LOL.....This ain't a rodeo.  We'd be 2-0 with ME at QB if I got 8 seconds!  An NFL QB has to be able to complete his throw within 3-4 seconds after the snap.  A quick mind is more important than a big arm in the NFL.

44427[/snapback]

Are you sure...the way it's been this year, a rodeo is the perfect word - someone is riding someone!

Jeff

I am trying to find what the reason is behind bledsoe's fall from being a Pro Bowler to one of the worse QBs in the league.  I think he is having troubles with depth, maybe his perception is off.  Which would explain the number of times a WR has been under thrown in what seems like an easy to complete pass by NFL QB standards.  It also explains the dump off to Henry that was to high and caused an int.  WRs are open, there is no way that 3 1st round WR can be covered (I consider Reed a 1st since he was projected there and he was drafted so early in the 2nd round) i feel that bledsoe isn't making those thows because he is afraid to under throw it or over throw it.  think back when was the last time you saw bledsoe "place" a ball and not just wing it at an open WR, not including the strike to Evans how many out patterns has Bledsoe thrown.  Compare him with other QBs and you'll see.  I imagine getting hit so many times has a lot to do with it.

44120[/snapback]

Its because you really believe he was in pro bowl form in 2002. Go through each game that season and ask yourself which games he played in that were solid or indicated that he was a pro bowl QB. Then look at how good each of those teams were. Every just sees 24 TDs but doesnt' look any further than that. ONce you break things down yuou will see that that season was really not great. Then you will see that he really was not pro bowl material and that will change your outlook on the whole thing.

O-line, it's that easy. If he has 8 seconds to through we are 2-0.

Jeff

8 seconds? That is a joke, right? Sarcasm in print does not come off as well. If its a joke thats pretty damn funny. If you are serious lay off the kool aid

Post-Concussion Syndrome. You heard it here first.

I am trying to find what the reason is behind bledsoe's fall from being a Pro Bowler to one of the worse QBs in the league.  I think he is having troubles with depth, maybe his perception is off.  Which would explain the number of times a WR has been under thrown in what seems like an easy to complete pass by NFL QB standards.  It also explains the dump off to Henry that was to high and caused an int.  WRs are open, there is no way that 3 1st round WR can be covered (I consider Reed a 1st since he was projected there and he was drafted so early in the 2nd round) i feel that bledsoe isn't making those thows because he is afraid to under throw it or over throw it.  think back when was the last time you saw bledsoe "place" a ball and not just wing it at an open WR, not including the strike to Evans how many out patterns has Bledsoe thrown.  Compare him with other QBs and you'll see.  I imagine getting hit so many times has a lot to do with it.

44120[/snapback]

Drew's current QB rating of 86.3 is 14th best in the league so far this year (a little above average), and is worse than only one of his previous full-year ratings (87.7 in 1997).

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1041

But, don't trust these stats.  ...for those of you that just want to bash away, check these out: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1049  :lol:

44135[/snapback]

i am actually really trying not to bash Bledsoe, there is nothing I would rather see than Bledsoe to turn it around and come back stronger after this bye week. I would rather say, at the end of the year, that we shouldn't have traded that 1st rounder to draft someone who never had a chance of playing, while bledsoe was here.

I just want to win, is that so much to ask, I am not a george bush fan, duh, but if he played QB for us and got us a super bowl win, i might have a change of heart (insert Flip flop joke here)

44120[/snapback]

Have you actually watched both of these game yet?

:lol:

It makes no sense to pass judgment if you haven't.