Ruben Brown is 34 today per NFL Channel

Tom

I heard somewhere Ted Washington wanted to come back to Buffalo.  Not Brown.  I hope the Bills get Ted back.  He was a pretty good NT.  Maybe we could trade Clements for Washington.  Hey, it's worth a shot.

602399[/snapback]

:wacko:

I for one hope if we were to trade a 26 year old highly regarded cb we'd get a lot more then a 38 year old dt.

Ruben certainly does still reside in buffalo, and he loves the area. He was enjoying a few  birthday millers at a local watering hole tonight.

602578[/snapback]

Thanks..... He said he would remain. :wacko:

Ruben was a much better player here then many of you seem to realize. I won't get into the old Pro Bowl argument here, but he was always a dominant run blocker, a great pulling guard, and adequate (well beyond what we have now at G) in pass protection. He had far fewer flags on a year to year basis than all the jokes>turned Buffalo folklore seem to indicate. Was also a great community guy. Ruben was made a scapegoat here by the previous administration.

Dont be surprised if Ruben is a bill sometime in the future. In my opinion he would be an upgrade over the two current guards, and he started on an o-line that was much better than ours. He's a "character guy" that wants to be in buffalo, and i believe he will make an attempt to come back to buffalo. He will ask for an extension with the bears or he will ask to be let go. ( a little birdie told me this)