(OT) 1918

Rico

We shall see in the playoffs you Spankee morons! You have NO PITCHING!! 1 or 2 good starte will not get it done in postseason period. And the bullpen is going to be worn out which they are now from overusage thanx to crapy starting pitching! This weekend will not be like last ill bet my bottom dollar on it.

44142[/snapback]

I love how when the Yankees beat Boston's ass last weekend, the Red Sox fans claimed how it didn't matter because both teams were going to the playoffs anyway. Now we're on the dawn of a new series, and all of the sudden it matters again. If Boston wins all three games or two of three, it will matter to them and their flagship station called ESPN. If the Yankees win the series, they'll fall back on the series not mattering because both teams are in the playoffs anyway. That's pretty convenient.

The Sox have homefield and pitching advantages for all three games, given that Pedro is overdue for a good start, Wakefield the Yankee killer goes tomorrow, and right now it looks like Schilling against Loaiza on Sunday. But before you rip on New York's pitching staff, you might want to know that Boston's staff has allowed 63 runs over its last nine games. That's seven runs a game in a stretch that included six games against Tampa Bay and Baltimore. Throw in the fact that Lieber and Mussina are hot, El Duque has proven to be the ace, and Kevin Brown is close to coming back, and I don't think the Yankee staff is in that bad of shape. It certainly looks better than it did two or three weeks ago.

That's why I don't understand the bragging during midseason series.

During 162 games you are going to go through hot and cold stretches.....

History shows that whoever comes in hot is going to go far...look at all the division leaders right now.

Not one of them is playing "hot" baseball in their last 10.

But all the chasers, Rangers, Giants, Cubs...are at a minimum of 7-3 in their last 10.

If these teams get in...watch out.

Thanks. :lol:

Did'ja ever notice T-Bone whines all the time?

Did'ja ever notice how he pines for attention all the time?

Did'ja ever notice he's a Red Sox fan?

Did'ja ever want to use a lawn mower on my eyebrows?

44564[/snapback]

Did you fake those memos that Dan Rather talked about????

I'm sitting here in Baltimore County watching the O's beat the Red Sox

(in glorious HDTV :D )

Jim Palmer is talking about Boston's woeful post-season performance over the years

and the camera zooms in on this lonely pennant hanging in Fenway Park:

"1918

Boston

Red Sox

World

Champions"

:lol:  :w00t:  :D  :D

43993[/snapback]

With their ace pitcher.....George Herman Ruth.

Did'ja ever notice how Red sox fans whine all the time?

Did'ja ever notice how they always have excuses?

Did'ja ever notice how big my nose is?

Did'ja ever notice how old I am?

I was alive the last time the Red Sox won a World series.

44446[/snapback]

LOL!!!! :lol: